UK cant get TOA until 27th?

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
Err is that slightly stupid of GOA releasing TOA to everyone in Europe on the 25th and the UK on the 27th.

K

Kharok Svark

This is not Goa, it is a stupid UK law.

All games in the UK are released on a Friday.

You can however, buy it off the internet (Amazon) and be playing it on the 25th.

Aerisa

Fledgling Freddie
Kharok Svark said:
You can however, buy it off the internet (Amazon) and be playing it on the 25th.
amazon.co.uk or .com?
just wondering if it is possible to pre-order from a european site (bypassing the UK law)
who will deliver to the UK. I assume UK site won't dispatch till the 27th but EU will.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Kharok Svark said:
This is not Goa, it is a stupid UK law.

All games in the UK are released on a Friday.

I think this is the 3rd or 4th thread about this I've read on FW so far and in all but this it's concluded that it really isn't any law just sum sort of custom... dunno really, nor do I really care as I live in Sweden.
I'll just go to the store and pick my copy up after work the 25th! :D

anyways! have sum cheese and do a search and u'd have your answer if there were any question... :D erm.. I'll think I'll go take my pills now...
Cheesepills! :D

Blitzing

Fledgling Freddie
Toa

well if you can live with the cover in swedish, you can all ways order TOA from www.cdon.com they should send to england to, but it says the cover is in swedish

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Pandemic said:
Err is that slightly stupid of GOA releasing TOA to everyone in Europe on the 25th and the UK on the 27th.

Blame the uk release date thing and not goa for this one :p

Vireb

Fledgling Freddie
Boobz said:
It says 27th on play as well tho.....
no big problem tbh, TOA's registration will be uber zerged and take a week for you to get the chance to register , anyone remember si release ?

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
This happened with SI too remember, but GAME got so flooded by spam complaints and calls that they gave up and sold it on wednesday :p

Maybe we do same again and maybe Game remember last time :)

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Naetha said:
Buy it from www.play.com and they will have it shipped to you for the 25th

its also only £15
I ordered ~SI from play.com because they are based in jersey their delivery times are SLOW i got si about 4 days after the friday it was due out even though i had preordered it.

Chilly

Balls of steel
its not a LAW u silly ppl, its just what the industry DOES, its like all music is genrally released on a monday to give maximum tiem b4 the next chart data to be recorded. I expect game charts are worked out every saturday

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Hmm...GAME, here in Noptingham, are saying they'll have it IN on the 17th...

Most of the Nottingham DAOC players I know already have ours pre-ordered...:D.

fruitcake

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
Hmm...GAME, here in Noptingham, are saying they'll have it IN on the 17th...

Most of the Nottingham DAOC players I know already have ours pre-ordered...:D.

I think you will find all game stores have a release list showing in on the 17Th,we have 3 here in Southampton and they all tell me that.But their wrong I'm afraid you wont get it till Friday the 27th in the uk.Unless you can get it quicker from online or maybe find someone who is breaking the stupid agreement.

Fluffier

Fledgling Freddie
Game shop in Solihull has it ready for the 17th, or at least thats what they say.

Bodzilla

Fledgling Freddie
Fluffier said:
Game shop in Solihull has it ready for the 17th, or at least thats what they say.

I'm gonna go in + shout at them on the 25th and get it :)

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
Vireb said:
anyone remember si release ?

Yep. I remember the hassle it was getting it shipped to Australia :( Yay looking forward to the w8. Might get someone to host the files on ftp this time though. I can get the packaging later...I think I'll survive a couple weeks without the colorful box...maaaaaaaaaybe ;)

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I sent an email to play.com asking them about release and delivery dates about a week ago - according to them they are on target to have it arrive on the 25th of Feb in the UK, although it depends on when they receive it from the distributors.

Either way we'll get it at some point in the next couple of weeks ;)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
The three places I phoned this morning all say that it is publishers that set dates, that these are on Fridays is merely tradition....what you think odds are on getting GoA to change UK one to 25th?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the friday is usually when the shops put them on the shelves - GAME might well have it on the 25th just not on the shelves - go bully the managers into releasing it (wonder if any of the ex game.net types can push them along like they did last time?)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
I also suggest you take this along to Game if they have the thing in the back room on 25th

From Friday's news:

The official release date for Trials of Atlantis in Europe is the 25th of February. However, due to various local particularities, the release dates in some countries (mainly United Kingdom) is the 27th of February.
In any case, our official release and the patch will be on the 25th. If you have your Trials of Atlantis CDs and CD-Key by then, you will be able to activate your account and to enjoy ToA on that date (unless some unexpected problems knock at the door of course).

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
the friday is usually when the shops put them on the shelves - GAME might well have it on the 25th just not on the shelves - go bully the managers into releasing it (wonder if any of the ex game.net types can push them along like they did last time?)
aye give ted teh dog help like last time worked wonders with the muppets at my local game store last time :wub:

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:

They can get sued if they do.

My friend is manager of GAME in nottingham(who also plays daoc on alb pryd) , tried to release SI last year early and he got a lot of hassle from it, stupid UK laws as always xE

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:

My friend is manager of GAME in nottingham(who also plays daoc on alb pryd) , tried to release SI last year early and he got a lot of hassle from it, stupid UK laws as always xE

They can only be sued by the game company who set the release date. GoA's homepage says their official release date is 25th but they seem to misunderstand it is perfectly legal for THEM to give it a 25th release date in the UK.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Well if i see him tonight i am going to ask him about it, then post what he says here or direct him to this thread.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Sycho said:

last year people had trouble getting SI on the wednesday/thursday - one of the BW mods was emailing/phoning managers of the shops (or having them phone distribution or something) to confirm that it was infact released on the 25th, and that they could sell.

Of course with BW no longer being around this won't be the case this year - but might be worth checking with managers/distribution to see if you can buy it early.

Uliea

Fledgling Freddie
I've been told by a supplier that they have stock now and hopefully ship today/tomorrow for shops to get on wednesday at the latest. That's mainly for indepndent retailers in the uk. If you have one near you ask if they are getting stock.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
The 17th release date that Game shops were given I guess was down to a early release date goa put out to distributors to keep them happy.
Yesterday when I looked at our delivery sheet for today there was no TOA listed. Usally we have most of the games that are due out on Friday in by the Wednesday.
I'll pop into work tommrow and give stock allocation a ring and pretend a customers asked about the release date :D

Bure

Fledgling Freddie
anyone know why most of the big Swedish stores have change the release date today to feb 27 ? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom