UI mods

Kherny

Fledgling Freddie
Had a little look through the stickied threads and couldn't see anything so thought id post :)

I have played wow for a while without any kinds of mods installed and now feel ready for having a crack at them with the opening of the final beta.

I have read info on the nurfed mod at http://www.nurfed.com , and some stand alone add ons in this thread : http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-interface-customization&t=39&p=1&tmp=1#post39

What do you use? Is there anything you have tried and now couldn't do without? Have any tips or things you find indispensable, for example the self heal mod for priests etc.

(I haven't mentioned cosmos because I see a lot of negative threads about that, feel free to correct me if im wrong.)

Feral

Fledgling Freddie
I used Cosmos in the US beta and loved it, it wasn't the same playing without it tbh. It didn't noticeably slow my fps or install spyware/trojans/virus's etc or do anything else I didn't want it to do. Don't listen to the paranoid anti Cosmos people. Try it and see :)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone have a good site with info on making your own additions?

Interested in stuff like the thottbot character profiles etc to automate the character handling on our forums. (saves the users quite a bit of work)

gia

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe just noticed the link in the original post is the same as mine :D Guess I should bother clicking on those first before replying :p

edit: actually my link is more up to date and has the current versions

Kherny

Fledgling Freddie
gia said:
All the info on UI mods is in the blizzard official board.

Personally I use a combination of Nurfed + Telo's bottombar.

If you want some simple mods that don't mess with the normal UI too much I suggest the ones made by Telo here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-interface-customization&T=16068&P=1

The BuffTimers, BottomBar, SideBar, Clock, ItemBuffs and SelfCast mods are all very nice and functional.

Sounds good to me, any problem combining them, or are they pretty seemless working together?

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
I used cosmos in OB but had way to much shit in it imo.
I use Nurfed now, like the interface alot, no uneeded shit just the useful.

gia

Fledgling Freddie
I use them all and have no problem, Telo's mods should be pretty seamless, the Nurfed one does a bit more stuff with the interface so it might be more prone to problems.

Here's a screenshot of what I have.
Not all mods are visible though.

Kherny

Fledgling Freddie
Yes it reminds me of something similar in daoc , ill definately consider that for my healer, looks like the windows are moveable if i'm not mistaken which will be handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom