UFO Theme

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
[youtubevid]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G7fLNfvW9NM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G7fLNfvW9NM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtubevid]

;)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
[youtubevid]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G7fLNfvW9NM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G7fLNfvW9NM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtubevid]

;)

posted in wrongs section I guess, unless you did it which I doubt

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
posted in wrongs section I guess, unless you did it which I doubt

You are a victim of your own bias then :D

I was watching some old UFO episodes on Saturday and decided to mess around with the theme tune on Saturday evening. I wrote/recorded all the music on Saturday evening, taking only the main riff from the original theme for reasons explained in the description on YouTube.

I put the video together on Sunday. Jolly good fun it was too.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture

I was watching some old UFO episodes on Saturday and decided to mess around with the theme tune on Saturday evening. I wrote/recorded all the music on Saturday evening, taking only the main riff from the original theme for reasons explained in the description on YouTube.

Fair enuff...But it looks like it would sit better in OT than here ;)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture

My point being that it's not something you created from nothing, you refer a source and subject matter that's already been created before and for you. Hardly your own work and hardly creative either. It's not my bias, but the correct way to be creative. Else we are destined to regurgitate what has gone before - plagiarism if you like. Fine you created the music (from which you ripped the riff of the original - again not from scratch), but what is here on this section is all written 'text' not what you did and it's all their own work. The vid is I assume out takes of the episodes. Need I point the obvious.

Like I said, contribute your own work rather than rip something else and try present it as your own...

Would have been better off in OT and you would have at least gotten some better appraisal had you gone there with it ;)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
My point being that it's not something you created from nothing, you refer a source and subject matter that's already been created before and for you. Hardly your own work and hardly creative either. It's not my bias, but the correct way to be creative. Else we are destined to regurgitate what has gone before - plagiarism if you like. Fine you created the music (from which you ripped the riff of the original - again not from scratch), but what is here on this section is all written 'text' not what you did and it's all their own work. The vid is I assume out takes of the episodes. Need I point the obvious.

Like I said, contribute your own work rather than rip something else and try present it as your own...

Would have been better off in OT and you would have at least gotten some better appraisal had you gone there with it ;)

Interesting. As narrow as your view is, you are of course entitled to it. I have misrepresented nothing. I presented it as my update of a 40-year old piece of music with an affectionate montage of the source material (video) to accompany it. If you check your dictionary, you would see that plagiarism refers to trying to pass off other people's work as your own. I have not done this.

You also seem to misunderstand that creativity does not only apply just to words and that this section is not called "Imgormiel's Text-Only Creative Section" but happily for the rest of us, the more open and inviting "Creative".

As I wrote, I posted in the correct section and am not disuaded or dismayed by your reaction which in truth say nothing about my creativity (or lack there of, as perceived) but rather a lot about yourself.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Rep for the vid! I liked it!

And Img fo please. You can't have your own little section and dictate how everybody else uses it. Just because Roo didn't make some MySpace emo shit like you usually do, doesn't mean it is wrong. This makes you look even more of a twat than that time you said you copyright all your material

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

where on this section does it state it has to be the creators own work?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You also seem to misunderstand that creativity does not only apply just to words and that this section is not called "Imgormiel's Text-Only Creative Section" but happily for the rest of us, the more open and inviting "Creative".

This :iagree:

... and if you want to report something being posted in the wrong forum section feel free to use the report post functionality, eh?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Hehe cheers guys. If you look closely in the vid, the guy in the spacesuit with the rocket launcher is George Cole, better known as Arthur Daley :D

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Fuckin superb....I had everyone of the toys, except the stripping mesh wearing
70's space babe doll.

scifi-ufo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom