Two Rangers In Albion

A

Alrindel

Need a break from the lush green hills of Hibernia? Let's follow two of Excalibur's finest 40+ rangers on an adventure I call, "How To Get Ahead In Albion". On Prydwen, in case you thought this was another collection of screenshots from a proud wall bug abuser.

1) Decide to be a friar (insane melee staff damage? heals and buffs? all the ale you can drink? sign me up!) and roll an acolyte.

2) Meet up with other ranger guildmate who has previously explored a little of Albion and made a level 6 minstrel.

3) Decide to do kill tasks at minstrel speed to level up.

4) Much wandering ensues.

5) Dawning realization that a) Albion guards tell big fat whopping lies when they give you directions to kill mobs, and b) we have no idea where the mobs are.

6) Take a nice tour of Camelot. Dance on round table (obligatory). Laugh at King Arthur's tomb (highly recommended). Express frustration that while Camelot is ass-ugly and was apparently decorated by colour-blind circus clowns, it is incredibly rich with atmosphere and locations for role-playing like the pubs, the cathedral, the war rooms and the round table chamber. Rant at Mythic for short-changing Hibernia again.

7) Decide to powerlevel acolyte by killing yellows and blues to minstrel.

8) Minstrel has not played minstrel since before the patch. All the quickbar shortcuts have been moved around and ranger has forgotten how to be a minstrel anyways. Hilarity ensues.

9) Minstrel gets himself sorted and levels acolyte to 5 in a shockingly short time. Nerf minstrels! Use brief down time periods to consult web site about friars for information about spec lines and spells. Puzzle at difference between staves and quarterstaves.

10) Return to Camelot. Be astonished that neither friar trainer will accept to train acolyte as friar.

11) Return to friar web site and read FAQ question #1: "Why can't I become a friar?" A: "Because you are a Highlander. Reroll."

12) &%$@#@!

13) Delete stupid highlander and call it a night.

We'll be back, Albion!

P

- Pathfinder -

Sad, but true :) You wouldn't believe the number of times newbies have asked me "Why can't I be a friar?!" :)

A

Alrindel

Merbos was the kilted gimp.

I'm the minstrel. :D

M

Myshra

quick tip, use quater staffs, quicker and do more damage over the time of the battle.

my friars spec for Suzie Quattro (yes thats her name)
45enh
15rejuv
44staff
rest in parry (about 12)

45enh will give me the last self dex/qui buff (1.51 patch)
14rejuv gives me an ok rezz (its better than pali ghetto rezz ;) )
44 staff for one with a stun so i can solo
parry = not very useful imo, so i dont need much in that

most friars go enh as your no cleric, so buff yourself! your a secondry healer, no really much of a primary. 15 rejuv also gets you into the second heal boundry, so your heal variance is crap, but not as crap as if you had less than say 10

F

Flimgoblin

Friar rejuv spec is a bit naff really..

take cleric rejuv, remove all the nice bits (like bigger resses/instas) all apart from one ress at 15 rejuv...

so speccing it as a main spec aint that great :(

15 is good enough to let you backup heal, or be a healer for a group that's not takin too much.
Some take it to 25 to make their variance that much better ...

more than that is very rare :)

D

dittytwo

now that is funny

only becuase i wanted to be a friar
really am happy that i decided to stick with it a become a cleric

F

Flimgoblin

Friar's kick ass... just their rejuv isn't their best skill..

staff + enhance = fighting machine.

(with heals for backup)

A

Alrindel

Merbos rerolled as a Briton and made his friar. Last night we were tooling around trying stuff out and we crossed paths with Eleasias the polearmsman. Seems Prydwen/Albion is like Club Med for Excalibur rangers... :p

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by Alrindel
Merbos rerolled as a Briton and made his friar. Last night we were tooling around trying stuff out and we crossed paths with Eleasias the polearmsman. Seems Prydwen/Albion is like Club Med for Excalibur rangers... :p

Laff, I thought he deleted that char :)

C

Coren

Nah, he tricked me into taxi'ing him to Pryd bridge and Castle Sauvage a few days ago. :p

And Corena likes to /point at him. /em grins

O

old.Witchunter

The fastest alt I made, got to lv7 in just over 2 hours :)
Yes, fire wizards should not be mocked!

As for low level kill tasks, you're right they are annoying to find. But after lv5, most KTs are around the same location. Then after lv7, most will be towards Salisbury Plains(the area across the bridge....which is by Prydwen Keep).

But, if two of you are at lv7, you can start hunting in the Tomb of Mithra... lowest mobs are lv8. Ask anyone by Prydwen Bridge for directions :)

A

Alrindel

I am a Ranger. I do not know this "asking for directions" of which you speak. :p

R

Roalith

So it was YOU dancing on the table while I had my officer interview! :D

O

old.tRoG

kungfu.gif
I'm a Kung Fu Friar! What Kind of Friar Are YOU???

K

K0nah

Dex modifies staff dmg so dont go short on it. And screw the piety :)

Max Staff, Max Enhance, 16 rej, rest parry is the way!!! ...I woulda gone :(

O

old.Vae

fanatic.gif
I'm a Fanatic Friar! What Kind of Friar Are YOU???

Think my answers were all rather Schizo not being predominantly a,b,c,d or e

Now if only I had enough char slots to make a friar along with my Cleric, Infiltrator, Theurgist and Minstrel :(

F

Flimgoblin

It's a bit daft... if you put a's and e's lots you end up with the one in the middle (as if you put all C's)

but apart from that it's cool :)

A

Addlcove

Im a Rabid friar and I dont need no test to tell me that ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom