Two questions, petspammer & epic mobs

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
1) Do all mids want a pet spammer? For epic encounters.

2) Does anybody know a paticular High level mob, that doesnt do any funky ae-stuff or doesnt raise in toughness as attacker number increases?

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
mythic have stated they dont gona give mids pet spammer or yellow+ charmer, pointless to even ask.
guess we have so many players can allways gather up 50+ to take down smooth some encoutners?

there was hint they gona redo some stupid arti/ml steps, but hopefully not even more easier to albs/hibs, instead pets dont count as attackers + easier to hit whit less peeps -> help mids but not sametime make steps soloable to hib/alb.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
The problem with Mythic is that they have 'A Vision' for what every realm stands for and what each class in said realm is for. They gave each realm and each class the tools for that particular job.

If it turns out that they completely missed the boat on what is really happening versus what they think is happening (ie. their 'Vision' turns out to be unworkable or shortsighted), then basically tough cookies, no help for you. (Since you obviously don't understand what you're supposed to do! :)

A class being unplayable or unplayed does not automatically mean it gets love. (Look at the Thane TL report for example. It's one of the three least-played classes in the game and they got told to bugger off in the report).

Mythic's wheels move very, very slowly when it comes to changing their 'vision'. I'm not saying that it'll never happen, but consider that Mythic loses face if they change something that was considered unchangeable for many years.

That said, I do hope we do get pet-spam or a similar way to break the to-hit code. My bet is that Mythic will come up with something similar but different to pet spam, so they can claim they helped anyway.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Tuppe said:
mythic have stated they dont gona give mids pet spammer or yellow+ charmer, pointless to even ask.
guess we have so many players can allways gather up 50+ to take down smooth some encoutners?
You forgot that they have also said that they will do something to help mid in pve encounters.

polgra

Fledgling Freddie
Eva said:
You forgot that they have also said that they will do something to help mid in pve encounters.

they also said ML abilitys will not affect rvr :m00:

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
polgra said:
they also said ML abilitys will not affect rvr :m00:
They screw up one or two times and suddently they do everything wrong? No. Mythic does alot of good things to this game, alot of it is directed to the casual player though, and not the hardcore 8vs8 rvr'er. (No I'm not saying every casual player loves mls since that is not true, it's them it hurt most since they can't always go to the mls.) You're being to blind and can't see how many good things Mythic have done. It's not easy being a big company and you can't do what you want so you have to say no to customers sometimes. Even if they come up with a very very good idea they maybe just can't do it due to the law etc. In the end I think they will make it easier for Midgard in pve, don't know when but I think it will happen. Maybe in darkness rising. ;)

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
mls will not affect rvr was not a small change
took them a year to notice fz was op, and still not noticed grapple

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
Tuppe said:

there was hint they gona redo some stupid arti/ml steps, but hopefully not even more easier to albs/hibs, instead pets dont count as attackers + easier to hit whit less peeps -> help mids but not sametime make steps soloable to hib/alb.

I think mid won't get petspammer because Mythic knows that we would proly be able to steamroll every resistans alb/hib try to put up.

Still can't se why Mid can't get a pure PvE petspam spell, like adding a mele pet to SumSM specline that you can chaincast, say duration30sec/pet can only move 1500units/not castable on rvr-targets, even it were to be greencon it would still help break the tohitcode.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Joohl said:
I think mid won't get petspammer because Mythic knows that we would proly be able to steamroll every resistans alb/hib try to put up.

Still can't se why Mid can't get a pure PvE petspam spell, like adding a mele pet to SumSM specline that you can chaincast, say duration30sec/pet can only move 1500units/not castable on rvr-targets, even it were to be greencon it would still help break the tohitcode.

Add it to hunters:
Call of the Lost Pets:
Summons 5 single-hit pets, 75% of the hunter's level
Target: PvE mobs only
Castingtime: Instant
Recast timer: 15 seconds

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Add it to hunters:
Call of the Lost Pets:
Summons 5 single-hit pets, 75% of the hunter's level
Target: PvE mobs only
Castingtime: Instant
Recast timer: 15 seconds

What makes you think we deserve a less usefull pet spam? (your suggestion would even be useless)

Give Mids a pet spam on the same level as Hib and Alb. Then we can start whining about not having a proper pet charm class. After that, we can start whining about not having a proper HoT spell for said pet charm.

People were killing the dragon with MW in 1fg setups. That got nerfed and hotfixed by GoA near instantly.

Albions still kill their dragon with 1fg, using Templars charmed by a ML9+ Sorc. That haven't even been fixed.

Anyone else see a problem in this?

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Well, as much as Mythic said 'no easy mode pve for mids', their no are never definitive. Proof being the no ToA server in the US and the 'new emain' island coming soon - and if you want to add something, there are hints of them revising how epic encounter works in most TL reports feedback that mention them, including the midgard rvr one. Midgard TL reports themselves aren't as bad as they were the last round, but to make people interested in playing midgard, well, it takes more than reports promises and Mackey's head ... something like easy mode pve would probably do.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
What makes you think we deserve a less usefull pet spam? (your suggestion would even be useless)

Give Mids a pet spam on the same level as Hib and Alb. Then we can start whining about not having a proper pet charm class. After that, we can start whining about not having a proper HoT spell for said pet charm.

People were killing the dragon with MW in 1fg setups. That got nerfed and hotfixed by GoA near instantly.

Albions still kill their dragon with 1fg, using Templars charmed by a ML9+ Sorc. That haven't even been fixed.

Anyone else see a problem in this?

a) They aren't Templars
b) The dragon is perfectly doable with 1FG, without an ML9 class at all, it's just a bit faster with it (done it with 7 people).
c) A cabby can be used fairly well instead of the ML9 sorc (not as effective but still helps).

I've never been to a mid dragon raid (still level 35 but going fast) so I'm not sure on the differences in behaviour of the mid v alb dragon. I'm fairly sure though that if mids could fight the alb dragon, you could do it with 1 FG (could even use an ml9 SM in the same way that albs can use a cabby).

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
there have been discussion all 3 dragons are different, what work whit one, dont work whit another.

must change my opinion to mine 1st post here,
"""""""""""""""""
"""""""""""""""""

about this, mythic (aka mackey in old TL report?) say hunter never gona get evade 3.
mythic want keep archers different and evade 3 is making them too close each other.
after read today patch note in herald, look like mythic have one opinion one day, and change it after 1-2 year :)

feel free to ask petspamming or charming to mids, maybe some nice day? after 3 year? :)
we can see pathcnote after patchnote, mythic making toa easier to petscharming, aka adding yellow/orange pets to dungeon etrance, example ml3.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Elendar said:
mls will not affect rvr was not a small change
took them a year to notice fz was op, and still not noticed grapple
I never said it was. But they are taking certain actions to fix it(mls have changed ALOT since 1.67, no toa server etc) and they have done alot of good things at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom