Help two monitors

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Hey lads,

Let's say I got two monitors connected on one pc.
However, one of the monitors is on the otherside of the wall:

[<--Monitor] [WALL] [Monitor-->]

Now I got them installed and works perfect, however...
one softwareprogram, a software programm that I cannot choose in what screen it will pop-up, pops up on the wrong monitor. Now since it's on the otherside of the wall, just dragging it back aint that easy. Because you can t see the screen.

So my question is:

Does anybody know a program / tool where I can oversee multiple monitors in like a small window on 1 monitor?

---
if you wanne know why i put a monitor on the otherside of the wall, long story short: it wasnt me.
---

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
All i can think of is on the task bar right click it.

Restore then move and move it to the left/right and it should appear on the other monitor.

Don't know of any program bar vista with aero which gives a mini preview of a monitor

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hmmm, I extend mu desktop across a two monitors, when both are on my windows open where they last closed. So if a program last closed on monitor 1, it will open there next time.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Some stuff will only open on the primary monitor try setting the other monitor to be the primary see if that does it.

eksdee

FH is my second home
try this handy little program

Realtime Soft UltraMon

in xp at least i was able to have the windows bar in the left screen, controlling everything in that screen then the ultramon bar also in the left monitor but at the top, but controlling stuff in the right monitor - thus being able to right click it on the ultramon bar and use the 'move to other monitor' button. that's a bit jibberish-y but if you try the program you can probably work it out for yourself :p

note: in vista for some reason it won't let me have both bars in one screen.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
:twak: pfft, well obviously i couldn't possibly tell you the answer because you in your sexist male chauvinistic reasoning addressed this thread soully to the "lads" as if assuming that a chick simply couldnt comprehend the answer to this question. I am thoroughly disgusted with this and think you seriously need to revise your opinion of women, we are just as capable of answering technical questions as men!

or it could just be that i can't tell you the answer because i don't know what your talking about :(

However, if you were talking about hanging curtains on opposite walls and wondering how to match the colour to the wall paper and accessorize by using stippling, pelmets and picture rails i'd be right in there with the answer!...and possibly colour swatches too.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
:twak: pfft, well obviously i couldn't possibly tell you the answer because you in your sexist male chauvinistic reasoning addressed this thread soully to the "lads" as if assuming that a chick simply couldnt comprehend the answer to this question. I am thoroughly disgusted with this and think you seriously need to revise your opinion of women, we are just as capable of answering technical questions as men!

or it could just be that i can't tell you the answer because i don't know what your talking about :(

However, if you were talking about hanging curtains on opposite walls and wondering how to match the colour to the wall paper and accessorize by using stippling, pelmets and picture rails i'd be right in there with the answer!...and possibly colour swatches too.

..no i said lads allright:p

however...if you could translate that stuff below to normal guys language, i might change it.

like:

However, if you were talking about beer, on opposite bars and wondering how to match the guiness and heineken to the amount of liquir you want and drink more by using a bigger beer, much bigger beer, and a beertender, i'd be right in there with the anser!... and possibly ill by u and extra beer..

:)

xD

ps. thanks for all the advice lads, and chick

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Angel :( Real men drink spirits :D The game is "When should I stop drinking this" and doing so before you fall over atleast once. IF you fall over, carry on, you're fucked after that.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Angel :( Real men drink spirits :D The game is "When should I stop drinking this" and doing so before you fall over atleast once. IF you fall over, carry on, you're fucked after that.

lol :worthy::clap:

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
try this handy little program

Realtime Soft UltraMon

in xp at least i was able to have the windows bar in the left screen, controlling everything in that screen then the ultramon bar also in the left monitor but at the top, but controlling stuff in the right monitor - thus being able to right click it on the ultramon bar and use the 'move to other monitor' button. that's a bit jibberish-y but if you try the program you can probably work it out for yourself :p

note: in vista for some reason it won't let me have both bars in one screen.

Ok so I've downloaded the programm and isntalled it.
And it's really the thing I was looking for, thank you.

However, one monitor is ment for a presentation to the public, and the other as a working space.

When I try to run software programm 'A' on my working space monitor(1) wich has information on it that I really may not show on the presentation monitor(2). Yet everytime I start programm 'A' on monitor1, after the loading screen it pops to monitor2, and I have to drag it / use the 'switch to other monitor' option. And this maybe sounds like a little thing, but that pop-up on monitor2 is really out of the question in my situation.

I've tried switchting it to monitor(1) wich works, but when I close software programm 'A' and restart it, it will pop-up on monitor2 and I need to drag it / use the 'switch to other monitor' option again. Something that is really really out of the question here.

How can I let the software programm start on Monitor 1, and that it wont pop to monitor 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom