Two mezz or not two mezz.

• Thread starter Brannor McThife
  • Start date
B

Brannor McThife

No mistake in the title. ;)

I'm looking at starting a alt that will have the ability to mezz. Now, I've heard some people say that mezzing on a mezz overrides the first mezz (and applies the 1/2 rule), and others say it adds on top of, while others say that it has no effect.

Which is it?

a) Second mezz overrides first mezz with the max duration of the second caster?
b) Second mezz overrides first mezz with half the max duration of the second caster?
c) Second mezz adds 1/2 duration on top of the first mezz?
d) Second mezz has absolutely no effect?

Help! And please. I'm asking for EXPERIENCED mezzers to answer this. People that have mezzed a lot in places like Malm and the other realm equivalents.

-G

C

Coren

It's B and it only works like that in PvE. :)

J

Jupitus

Yep - not that I'm a mezzer, but I know one pretty damned well ;)

Jup.

O

old.linnet

Mez

Yes, option B.

In RvR, I think there is an immunity timer (so that after someone has been mezzed, they get a minute or so of immunity to being remezzed)

But honestly, you will need to experiment for yourself. Half the fun of having a power like that is practicing new tricks on grey things, or occasionally getting it completely wrong and having the whole group get wiped out :) (No pressure there, you understand ...)

Other thing to remember is that after mez wears off in PvE, you are top of the aggro list. Bear this in mind before you use AE mez (if you were planning to play a class that has it).

Come to think of it, you are probably top of the aggro list in RvR as well, as soon as they realise you are a mezzer.

T

Tiwaz

Re: Mez

Originally posted by old.linnet
Come to think of it, you are probably top of the aggro list in RvR as well, as soon as they realise you are a mezzer. [/B]

For a minute, I thought you was gonna write 'as soon as they realise you are Brannor':D

B

Brannor McThife

I was thinking of (re)making Brannor as an assassin. That way, even more people can hate me. :D

-G

T

Twiz

Aye.. option B.. Have done that tons of times now ;)

-T

O

old.trigali

Does it work with any type of spell ? i.e. debuffs, snare etc ?

O

old.Alliandre

And btw, the new changes to mezz in 1.50 I think it is won't make to much difference. US moaning again

The % of body resistance will be the amount the mezz is cut by. Max 25% with items. Max 75% with rp (although this would be a big waste as it would be about the only realm ability you have) So don't get worried about that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom