Twisted Metal Black

S

]SK[

Anyone know what this game is like. Was just looking at it on the game webby and saw it comes with the Network Adapter for only £34.99. Worth buying seeing as though the Adapter on its own is £24.99?

Y

Yaka

do NOT buy this heap of shit, go for soamat good like Socom or smaat classy like midnight club II which to date is the best online racer

S

sheepsteak

I've heard its a cart load of poo but some sites are throwing 8's and 9's at it.

Links to some reviews here

S

silverthorn

Hey hey hey... no dissing of Twisted Metal Black... it rocks big time

I had the original offline version and it was well great.

It's the best of its kind and I think its none too shabby - listen not to these naysayers of doom :D

I would however agree with Yaka that you should get SOCOM like YESTERDAY!!! Its ace

C

CptDoom

im looking at getting a network adaptor but no games on the ps2 excite me that are online atm...

btw as far as online racing goes the king is actually moto gp2 on xbox live, totally unbiased opinion here but xbox's service is far far superior atm.

Oh and by the way i hate motorbikes aswell so the game must have something good about it

S

]SK[

Originally posted by sheepsteak
I've heard its a cart load of poo but some sites are throwing 8's and 9's at it.

Links to some reviews here

Those look liek high scores to me.

S

silverthorn

Been playing it online tonight and the only thing you miss is the ability to chat a la PC stylee...

CptDoom has it right in that I think the Xbox live setup is far superior at the moment as it has had more time to bed in, but if this is the start of the network craze from Sony, it's pretty good with plenty room for improvement.

Dead easy to set up and install (at least on NTL it was) and I was online playing within 5 minutes.

Good few games in the pipeline for PS2 online so the future is looking bright.

Y

Yaka

so i take no one has midnight club II either on xbox or ps2 then:/

C

CptDoom

I havent got it but my mate has it, seemd like a very dreary cross of Tokyo Highway Battle and free roamin aspect of GTA etcetc.

Except it looked misearble as sin, they not heard of colours other than grey?

Y

Yaka

yes the GFX arnt brill for a GTA powered engine game, but it beats the pants of mant realistic looking game.

L

leggy

I got TMB when I signed up for the beta trial of ps2 online and I can honestly say it sucks donkey balls :)

I also got the full version of SOCOM for free. Highly unimpressed tbh.

Then again i'm a fussy bastard :)

S

silverthorn

I think I've yet to see you like anything at all in any of these forums Leggy ;)

J

jis

Originally posted by silverthorn
I think I've yet to see you like anything at all in any of these forums Leggy ;)

Not true he wont shut up about burnout 2 :)

L

leggy

Originally posted by silverthorn

Lies!

..ok true.

I like naked women... see thread in general :)

Originally posted by jis
Not true he wont shut up about burnout 2 :)

That's because it is the most fun on a console I have had in ages :D

P

plightstar

Always preferred the Vigilante series to the Twisted Metal Series myself

S

silverthorn

AHHHH... Burnout 2... Now THAT online would be simply wicked
:D

N

nath

Originally posted by leggy
That's because it is the most fun on a console I have had in ages :D

You mean since burnout 1?

I noticed that too, it's not engrossing, it's not a life changing experience.. it's just pure bottled fun. I don't think a game has been that much unadulterated fun in a long while.

S

silverthorn

...and as Leggy is so keen to promote - all you need for the perfect game of Burnout 2 is for a few nekkid chix to appear on it from time to time :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom