Tutorial ?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Was told today that there was a tutorial for DAOC now, create a folder called Tutorial in your catacombs folder then run the patcher.

To be honest the tutorial was bloody amazing, didnt learn anything new :) but for a new player it explains the game REALLY REALLY well.

Do new players have to download this tutorial ? When i returned to DAOC last month I purchased and installed the full box (catas) and wasnt presented with any tutorial - yes this was a fresh account too.

Shame to see such a good tutorial not be seen by new playres.

Or have i missed something ?

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, I think you have to download and install it seperately. Which means that most newbies wont even notice it.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Its there by default on downloaded US trials, guess its incorporated next patch or some such.

living

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Its there by default on downloaded US trials, guess its incorporated next patch or some such.

Yea it rocks - made really well and quite some eyecandy for old players. Downside is i picked up some necklase thats to no use and it cant be:
Dropped
Destroyed
Sold
Traded
Used.

Its stuck there in my inventory :D thank god its only 1

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
in the character creation screen at the bottom of where your character is shown theres a tickbox that says tutorial next to it.... really nice tutorial ;) was very impressed.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
this is on eu servers, so you yank-abies get off your horses.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
like NF was a seperat download for ToA, and then included with catacombs. The new towns and tutorial stuff will be with the Darkness Rising CDs i guess.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:
in the character creation screen at the bottom of where your character is shown theres a tickbox that says tutorial next to it.... really nice tutorial ;) was very impressed.
Yes, it is in EU, BUT it requires you to install the tutorial/starter town upgrade which you have to download from GOA's site first. I installed it on my PC and it's on my PC now, however, I can't do tutorials on my laptop, as I didn't install the tutorial/starter town upgrade there.

That's what we meant. :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Shame isnt it - such a great introduction to the game for new players...... wasted as they never see it :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Tears said:
Shame isnt it - such a great introduction to the game for new players...... wasted as they never see it :(

I imagine the newer versions of the game boxed sets will have it included...

Zede

Part of the furniture
its well groovy, talks to you and all that !

liked the diff coloured training dummies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom