Tutorial Problems

S

shatter

Well, the game arrived but I got a problem straight away.

I've reached the drop ship tutorial (number 6 I think) and everything is cool up to a point. I board the Hart ship, it zooms off into orbit and then the tutorial tells me to double click on one specific insel. But, this dont seem to work. I click and I click, but it nothing happens. I have tried click on other islands but that aint happening either...

Is this a known bug? A problem with what I am doing? Or what?

Shatter

A

aonn_elfclomper

skip the tutorial

best way to learn is to try it out in game

S

shatter

but but but......

I wanted to play with some of the cool stuff and maybe forget about reading the dull manual....

A

aonn_elfclomper

go to virtual training in yer sanctuary and play with all the goodies :)

and u get exp for it to

X

Xtro

Hi Shatter :) Welcome to Planetside, hope you have fun.

Remember to drop a PM to one of our llamas later when you get ingame if you haven't already ;)

I would do as aonn said - skip the tutuorial and jump ingame straight away. When in Sanctuary (the starting grounds) go to Virtual Training and try out all the weapons and vehicles there. You get BEP's (experience) for this and can get to BR3 (or nearly IIRC). Far better to do this and get xp than do the tutorial imo. Remember we're here to help you ingame anyway so just ask - not when I'm shouting 2 squad orders tho ;)

I won't be ingame tonight (pub/gig/beer/more beer/more beer still/collapse) but deadmanwalking and co will be.

Good luck in the New Conglomerate :D

V

Validus

I found it quite helpful to me, teaching me the basics of the game and such. and tEh naaarat0r hsa tEH seXeh voiCe yayaya!

S

shatter

Yeah I was kinda getting hooked on that computers sexy voice.... Its almost as good as the Game Voice thingy when she says "Disconnected....." ooohhhhh... Makes me go sort warm and goose bumby...

But thats my problem and I am dealing with it...

Meanwhile, I will try the tutorial on another machine to see if that was the problem ( I am playing at work at the moment) and get back to you soon. But I will be in game tonight for sure....

Shatter

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Look for a post in the offical boards (newbie section). There's a post which tells you how to hack one of the config files to skip the bugged tutorial.

I would look for the link for ya, but I'm too lazy :)

S

shatter

You'd think they would fix it rather than encourage me to hack it ;-)

still, thanks for the tip... Had a quick fart around with the search and eveeeeentualllly found this...

Training area Hexidecimal fix

You have to have a Hexieditor, but if you do a quick google search there are one or two freeware ones for download that will do the job... Then follow the instructions in the text and you should be up and running...

Moved on now to the actual training area in the sanctury...

Quick question regarding this...

The vehicle training area only has land vehicles and a Gallaxy... Where are the other flying vehicles????

Shatter

O

old.Trine Aquavit

There are a number of different vehicle pads dotted around the VR vehicle training area. Some offer the land vehicles, some offer the reaver & mosquito and one (I think) offers the Galaxy. You just have to find the right pad. The dropship (Galaxy) one is pretty big, so fairly easy to find.

I usually burn through the land vehicles then pick up a wraith and find the air pads.

S

shatter

Okay, thanks... I had assumed that all of the vehicals came from one pad... Still with the Hexidemical fix to the tutorial I have now completed that and with stars in front of my eyes and a dizzy feeling in my stomach I am ready to get going....

Once I have had one more look at that tutorial.... :)

Thanks for all your help guys..

Shatter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom