Tuscaren Glacier Armour

V

Vell

I read somewhere, or heard from someone, or something, that if you have a full set of the epic armour from Tuscaren Glacier/the epic dungeons in SI for the other realms for your class, that something happened. I have no idea what though, and don't even know if it's true or anything.

Can anyone confirm/deny/hasn't got a clue ?

C

Cronn

Well if you get a full set of class epic armour from Caer Sidi (Alb dungeon) you can wear necklaces that only Apocolypse (last boss mob) drops. These necklaces have great stats and a permanent magical effect eg. Constant end regen or Pow regen.

A

Archeon

Cronns more or less right, except the mob that drops the necklaces is supposed to be queen Kula (you kill her while wearing the full set and the necklace drops into your bag like a OTD quest...

...atleast thats how i belive it works, seeing as nobody has a full TG set or has dropped the SI epic in midgard its hard to say :)

OH, and you can wear the necklace with or without the armour, but the magical effect doesn't work unless your wearing it (for healers is a perma serenity+3 (which does stack with other puritys, even though 1 serenity lvl is half a purity :/)

Anyway, glad to see your putting my epic legs to good use Vell, did i mention i've changed my mind and want them back? ;)

K

Khalen

Originally posted by Archeon
Cronns more or less right, except the mob that drops the necklaces is supposed to be queen Kula (you kill her while wearing the full set and the necklace drops into your bag like a OTD quest...

...atleast thats how i belive it works, seeing as nobody has a full TG set or has dropped the SI epic in midgard its hard to say :)

OH, and you can wear the necklace with or without the armour, but the magical effect doesn't work unless your wearing it (for healers is a perma serenity+3 (which does stack with other puritys, even though 1 serenity lvl is half a purity :/)

Anyway, glad to see your putting my epic legs to good use Vell, did i mention i've changed my mind and want them back? ;)

Ehm we had it like a normal drop... can't remember there being an OTD involved...

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Khalen
Ehm we had it like a normal drop... can't remember there being an OTD involved...

Ahh, i've just got the impression it was dropped by Kula... Damn le'lib-thing french site!

O

old.LandShark

Tried wearing Apoc neckie, but you can't even put it on without wearing a full set of Sidi armour. From what someone did on Pendragon, I believe you can: put full suit of Sidi armour on, put neckie on, take armour off and only lose the endregen/power regen or whatever... it won't actually un-equip the neckie or anything.

V

Vell

Right, so first of all I need to get the few parts of the Monitor armour I've got left to get.

Then I need to organise a raid to kill the queen, and it will drop like a normal drop. If I'm wearing the set when we kill Kula, does she definitely drop it, or is it just a random chance?

Then I'll need to win the drop on the lottery, and given that it has good stats, everyone will probably vote for it, so the chances of me winning are quite slim.

Hmph.

Oh, and Achy: I wub you :wub:

S

Sarnat

I think in mid both the king and queen can drop the neccy, not sure if one is guaranteed to drop or not.

O

old.LandShark

I'm under the impression that an uberneckie will be dropped every time Apoc or equivalent mob dies. Can of course mean a few attempts necessary - first time we killed apoc he dropped the useless hp regen neckie. ;p

V

Vell

Right.

So I need to get the pieces of the armour that I haven't got yet.

Then we need to kill Kula while I'm wearing it. Do I need to be wearing it? Or just have it in my bags? Do I have to wear the armour all the way though the raid? Or just put it on before we pull her? Or put it on just as she dies? (the bits I've got so far are a bit gimpy tbh, so the longer I can go with my proper armour the better).

A necklace WILL drop - but it could be any of the uber necklaces, rather than the healer one? That sounds a bit stupid.

How many different necklaces are there? Are they class-specific or can anyone wear them (if they have the set of TG epic)?

So many questions!

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Vell
Oh, and Achy: I wub you :wub:

Yeah i know, everyone loves me. I had a guy trying to chat me up on the last dragon raid.... though that might have been because i was wearing my robe/skirt...

Well if anything i know i'l make an attractive female if i ever decide to have a gender changing operation :D

A

Audhumla

First off.. 1 level of serenity = 1 level of purity. No difference at all. They stack with diminishing returns (and there's diminishing returns from only using one of them the higher you get the less raise in effect you get, i.e. going from 4-5 total gives lower raise than going from 3-4, Danyan did some tests on this way back)

Second.. the necklaces are mana regen 3 or end regen 3. Mana regen stacks with serenity and purity, end regen probably dont stack with shaman buff but I wouldn't know.

As far as I know you dont need to wear it when you kill the Queen, and you probably shouldnt since most drops in TG has cold-procs, so they are not very good to use in that dungeon. As someone mentioned, i also believe that it's a "normal" drop and not a OTD of sorts.

V

Vell

Originally posted by Audhumla

As far as I know you dont need to wear it when you kill the Queen, and you probably shouldnt since most drops in TG has cold-procs, so they are not very good to use in that dungeon.

So I don't have to wear it? Although wearing it isn't too much of a problem for me since I'm a healer I don't get hit. Or at least shouldn't get hit anyway. I managed not to die on the last raids we did, although I did go LD about a billion times.

F

Flimgoblin

nah you only need to wear the full set of armour when you want to use the necklace - it'll drop regardless.

A

Arnor

IT IS ONLY ICELORD KVASIR THAT HEALS FROM COLD PROCS/SPELLS!

just had to clear that up, EVERYONE is 1000000000% sure that cold makes everyone in tg heal like hell. THEY DONT

A

Audhumla

Just dug this up at the other whine forum (vnboards, that is):

"The Queen drops 4 necklaces that you can only equip once you obtain the full set. The necks have +21 to a stat, 10/10/10 resists PLUS either perma end regen 3, perma mana regen 3, +30 str/con or +30 dex/qui. (the +30 str/con and dex/qui stack on top of everything"

And @ Arnor: Nice to know thats its only Kvasir, i knew it wasn't many but wasn't sure exactly who.

Y

Yussef

Apoc in Caer Sidi has had his necklace droprate nerfed so he doesn't always drop it. Might be different for mids since you have multiple Apoc type bosses.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Audhumla

And @ Arnor: Nice to know thats its only Kvasir, i knew it wasn't many but wasn't sure exactly who.

"Just plantin seeds"

spread the word

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom