Turkish sheep die in 'mass jump'

Gray

FH is my second home
Clearly this is the fault of games manufacturers

The Turks should demand all Lemmings Games banned!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
This clearly shows how stupid sheep really are.

Aparantly you can slaughter a sheep a few yards away from another and that one oblivious to this fact its fellow sheep has just been killed.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Sheep are stupid, seen a sheep dog surfing on the backs of sheep in a pen. They havent a clue whats going on. Funny shit I can tell you.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
dysfunction said:
This clearly shows how stupid sheep really are.

Aparantly you can slaughter a sheep a few yards away from another and that one oblivious to this fact its fellow sheep has just been killed.

Aren't most animals like that?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
They reckon pigs are about as intelligent as dogs, which is quite clever really .

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Cats are really, really intelligent - but they are not concerned by mere human interests ...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes that would distract them for their plans for total world domination. TBH I will be glad when they do take over, it means that both the cats and us will not be subjected to ratemykitten ever again.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
From the sheep perspective, it can be considered as funny story.

For someone who gives a f*ck about other humans, the whole villages livelyhood has been nearly wiped out, equal of a modern city getting every, except one, store blown up and as such, not that amusing.

I found it semi-lollable.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I do feel for people who's livelyhood could be ruined.
My question would be,however, why did they let their sheep wander near a cliff?

Also I'm certain the Turkish government would help them out what with the EU farming subsidies they get...and the like.

Will

/bin/su
dysfunction said:
Also I'm certain the Turkish government would help them out what with the EU farming subsidies they get...and the like.
Normally you need to be in the EU to get the subsidies...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I'm sure Turkey do get given Farming subsidies...maybe its not from the EU...

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Sheep emoted onward to the rest of the flock - zerk followed :p

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Ch3tan said:
Yes that would distract them for their plans for total world domination. TBH I will be glad when they do take over, it means that both the cats and us will not be subjected to ratemykitten ever again.

I believe my cat is planning world domination, black cat, evil look in the eyes, kicks people in the teeth (Really she does..).

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
throdgrain said:
They reckon pigs are about as intelligent as dogs, which is quite clever really .

Dogs are immensely stupid, and practically incapable of learning anything on their own. Their "intelligence" is forced into them through training and repetition. Do it enough to any animal and they'll be the same. Put a dog out in the wild, it'll die very quickly. What is comical about dogs is that given the size of their brain, they should be intelligent. However, they are the villiage idiot of the animal race and their intelligence is superseeded by that of animals with a much smaller capacity to think: rats in particular.

Will

/bin/su
Mazling said:
Cats are really, really intelligent - but they are not concerned by mere human interests ...
My cat ran straight into a wall last week. I don't think she is very bright at all. She is called Milkshake...because she is white and thick.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

I imagine that the aformentioned dogs, cats and pigs would all be the same as the sheep in that if you went into a room full of dogs or cats, axed one of the heads off; I don't imagine the other dogs/cats/pigs thinking "oh shit, he's cutting another cat's head off, i better run or maybe help". It's liking watching bison on the TV, unless they're being chased by a lion, they just stand there. If the lion is eating their best mate 20 feet away, again they just stand there.

rynnor

Rockhound
Swift^ said:
Dogs are immensely stupid, and practically incapable of learning anything on their own. Their "intelligence" is forced into them through training and repetition. Do it enough to any animal and they'll be the same. Put a dog out in the wild, it'll die very quickly. What is comical about dogs is that given the size of their brain, they should be intelligent. However, they are the villiage idiot of the animal race and their intelligence is superseeded by that of animals with a much smaller capacity to think: rats in particular.

My dog just read this and forced me to type a denial!

As someone who has owned both cats and dogs I would say its difficult to rate them - cats vary in their trainability where dogs identify with people more and are generally trainable. I have had cats who would come at a call and a few other tricks but nothing major - this could be down to lack of intelligence or lack of motivation - its difficult to tell.

I had my current dog from puppyhood - I was amazed how fast she learned human body language - to dogs showing your teeth is a threat sign but she immediatly learned that from a human its a sign of happiness.

She still has the ability to learn the meaning of new words from just 3 or 4 repetitions and she learned toilet training in a couple of weeks. If I compare this to human children she's way ahead of the curve - it takes months to toilet train kids and I think she actually learns the meaning of words faster than them.

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
My dog learnt to go to the toilet in the back yard like, instantly without being taught lol.
Just, when you take her for a walk, she refuses to go and runs to the back yard to have a pee as soon as you get in :p.

rynnor

Rockhound
Swift^ said:
Their "intelligence" is forced into them through training and repetition.

This is true for humans also so are humans intelligent? A human baby is the most stupid thing in the animal kingdom - it has so few instincts and left to its own devices would quickly die - every other animal has more instinctive knowledge than humans and some creatures like reptiles know all they need to from birth.

By this definition are humans the most un-intelligent of all animals?

Damini

Part of the furniture
My dog growled at his own bottom after he farted, and the only commands he ever learnt were sit, lips (where he would smear his face over a window, pulling the nose up to make him look like something from A League Of Gentlemen) and cuddles. My cat, whilst refusing to do anything you asked, learnt how to open the fridge, and used to hide packets of crisps behind potted plants, so she could sneak behind and eat them out of sight. I think intelligence very much varies from individual pet to pet.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Cats are generally more intelligent than dogs.
Cats just dont do what humans want them to do :p
(You have to use reverse pyschology on them ;) )
Dogs can be trained to do things, but that doesnt make them intelligent :p

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
rynnor said:
This is true for humans also so are humans intelligent? A human baby is the most stupid thing in the animal kingdom - it has so few instincts and left to its own devices would quickly die - every other animal has more instinctive knowledge than humans and some creatures like reptiles know all they need to from birth.

By this definition are humans the most un-intelligent of all animals?

Might have something to do with the fact that, for the last 3000 years or so (probably more but I am being conservative) humans are being born into an extremely safe environment whereas most animals are born into a environment that will eat them as soon as mummy goes to get some food. Perhaps babehs were born with hardcore ninja skills back when we were still living in caves and had to worry about being turned into snack food for tigers, bats, donkeys, moths, ants, spiders, turtles, goldfish, cows, sheep and mice. A new born animal has to learn how to stand up, walk and then run like a motherf**ker in the space of ten minutes or it is dinner for something else. A new born baby just has to figure out how to work the boobies and that is it.

Anyway, there is a huuuuge difference between instinct and intelligence.

As for cats and dogs...I'm still struggling to teach my cat not to sharpen her claws on the furniture or the carpets or the doors or my legs. 14 years later she still hasn't learnt. I'm not sure if this is because she is stupid or because she just give a shit about what I want. More than likely it is a combination of the both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom