Tsunami documentary

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Did anybody here watch this a few nights ago?

What a bloody excellent piece of film making. In case you're unaware, its a documentary told mainly from the viewpoint of those people who were there at the time. Much use is made of home-video footage, before, during and after the disaster.

If you think you've seen the 'best' of the footage on the news, then you really need to see this. The footage is edited together and put into context, and the resulting disaster is very moving. If, like I, you wondered how the rather small waves (compared to a Hollywood film say) could kill so many people, once you've seen this programme you'll understand. The force with which the sea moved inland, carrying everything with it, is awesome to behold.

If you want the torrent file for this (its a very fast download) 90 minute programme, PM me and I'll give you the URL.

Fantastic programme, one of the best things I've seen all year.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
The wife watched it and said it was very good. Will pm you :)

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Yeah, thnx Tom. It replied at first with a note saying max connection to tracker. But I left it for a couple of hours and it was done when I came back.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
yeah 260kbs a second or something.

And your right the footage is unbelievable, I still get sad when I see that man and woman hanging onto the fence and trying to get to the cafe balcony when the second waves hit only to be swept away.

Cannot imagine the fear/horror/dread you must feel in a situation like that. We can only take heart from the good people in the world that gave to help reduce the effects of the people that lived in these places that where unfortunate enough to be involved in this.

I have no doubt alot of candles will be lit this Christmas in memory of the thousands who lost their lives.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
"I put my hand down to my leg and it went through a hole in my thigh"

Yikes!!! Bloody good documentary though. Although playing Knocking on Heavens door at the begining was a little evil.

1000 people in that village and only 10 survived. More Yikes!!

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I didn't catch the documentary but I remember seeing another 'aftermath' type of programme not long after the tsunami. The presenter showed a hurricane shelter situated near a beach where 30 or so children had taken shelter in. Unfortunately the shelter was not designed to be tsunami proof and they all drowned there. So sad, and so frightening ... human life is fragile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom