Trouble since NF

Xallow

Fledgling Freddie
I am having serious lag and graphics issues since NF. I am getting some strange 10-20 second lags, when the lag finally ends the screen blinks and my char is twisting and turning like mad. Also the npc guards textures mess up sometimes, they get little squares all over in many different colors.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
upgrade graphics drivers
upgrade direct x

what graphics card/processor/memory/OS?

Xallow

Fledgling Freddie
Graphics drivers are the newest, as is direct-X

AMD 2400+ processor
Geforce 4 ti 4200 graphics card 256mb ram
512 mb ram
Windows XP

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Xallow said:
I am having serious lag and graphics issues since NF. I am getting some strange 10-20 second lags, when the lag finally ends the screen blinks and my char is twisting and turning like mad. Also the npc guards textures mess up sometimes, they get little squares all over in many different colors.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Does these weird texture problems happen in other games? if so your card could be overheating.If this is the case then you could probably maybe check www.overclockers.co.uk site and get an artic cooler for it, not sure if they do any for that model though.

Also try get 1gb ram since daoc does take an awful lot of memory.I am pretty sure your card is overheating though if the textures are acting strange unless you are using the beta 67.02 drivers which have texture problems apparently.If you got £200 lying around you could buy one more 512mb ram stick and a radeon pro 9800 which should help i imagine, perhaps ask someone who plays daoc who has this card, see if they get many problems and ask their pc spec too.

Gizmo

Fledgling Freddie
I have the similar spec as the guy, but with 1gb ram instead, using latest drivers and directx too, never had these problem unless the fan on card is dirty, so my advise would be CLEAN the fan, or make sure it have enough power, atleast a 400w powersuply.

That helped me when i went from 350w to a 500w got rid of the strange errors my card would make.

Hope this makes any sence at all ;)

Cheerz

Xallow

Fledgling Freddie
Well, seems like cleaning out the fans solved it, thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom