Trolls....

B

Biggilus

Are they a viable race for non-shield melee classes? I remember a time when noone would look at a troll, not coz they smell, but coz the extra 30 str wasnt needed over dex/qui. Just thinking along the lines of zerker and 2h thane (28parry, no shield thane), maybe a troll woudl fit in better over a norse?

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Biggilus said:
Are they a viable race for non-shield melee classes? I remember a time when noone would look at a troll, not coz they smell, but coz the extra 30 str wasnt needed over dex/qui. Just thinking along the lines of zerker and 2h thane (28parry, no shield thane), maybe a troll woudl fit in better over a norse?
I'm a lifetime Trollaholic and I say yes.

:D

Though that would be more for the Zerk than the Thane, Norse works well for 2H Thane as well. If going 2H Thane, whichever race you roll, go +10 Str/Dex/Pie. For Zerk, go +10 Str/Con/Qui.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
base stats are also very preferential to savages h-h spec as well (being about 15 more points averaged over Str/Dex than any other race iirc).

Glast
Maoix SM

Excal
Blinx Ranger
Phantomby NS

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Phantomby said:
base stats are also very preferential to savages h-h spec as well (being about 15 more points averaged over Str/Dex than any other race iirc).
The only drawback with a Trolll Savage, H2H or 2H, is that pretty much all your defence is Evade, and with such low Qui a Troll won't Evade half as much as (say) a Kobbie Savage, even though it's your secondary rising stat. They definitely hit harder, though. Troll is pretty much the only serious choice for a 2H Savage - you're using a Str-based weapon with Str as only your tertiary rising stat, so you need as much as you can possibly get.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
10 Str 15 qui for troll zerk, I did that and used 90qui temp with qui3 took me to 249 or 255 qui iirc ;)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Cozak said:
10 Str 15 qui for troll zerk, I did that and used 90qui temp with qui3 took me to 249 or 255 qui iirc ;)

Troll has 58qui base at level 50, 93 from buffs.

250 - 58 - 93 = 99 required in template with none on creation.

So with 15 qui start, you'd only need +84 in template.

In that case, maybe 15 str 10 qui is a better option, or 10str 10con 10qui...or if you're confident you can get 99 quickness in a template, sod it on creation altogether and get 15str 10con! Or 18 str!

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
With +10 Qui at creation, you need +99 Qui in gear and Aug Qui 2 to hit cap.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
With +10 Qui at creation, you need +99 Qui in gear and Aug Qui 2 to hit cap.

Urm... with 10 qui on creation...

35 (base) + 23 (secondary stat) + 93 (buffs) + 10 (creation) + 99 (items) + 6 (qui2) = 266 (16 overcap)

Unless char builder is wrong and it's not a secondary stat or something.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
eggy said:
Urm... with 10 qui on creation...

35 (base) + 23 (secondary stat) + 93 (buffs) + 10 (creation) + 99 (items) + 6 (qui2) = 266 (16 overcap)

Unless char builder is wrong and it's not a secondary stat or something.
Sorry I was talking for Zerk (or any other class with no rising Qui), not Savage...

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
Sorry I was talking for Zerk (or any other class with no rising Qui), not Savage...

Ah ok mate :) that works out then.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Much better things to spend points on than aug qui as well so if you can get a sweet temp with 99qui in thats cool, I went charge3 det4 pain2 (aiming for 3) before I was going to get qui was at 227/228 qui without any aug :) So I would still advise 15qui 10str.. my zerk had 411 str without any aug str either which was enough for me till higher RR.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Never ever go 28parry, when you can go 27parry, 10(7)shield and get engage (and guard1), engage is a lifesaver in both pve and pvp(especially vs archers).

Talking about a 50stormcalling, 50weapon - Thane.

B

Biggilus

ah very useful that engage thing, will remembr that if i ever grind my thane up
just wondering with a bit of hardcore playing,. form 24-50, 1 month? mostly solo btw (as i play retarded hours)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom