tRoG is no more.

G

Generic Poster

Originally posted by Teh Krypt

Your just as bad as me, licking someone elses arse here..

And that would be... ?

T

The Fonz

ymca.gif

J

Jupitus

... and some of the border guards for hibbie land look like him too :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Jupitus
... and some of the border guards for hibbie land look like him too :)

Filthy Alb!
*feeds Jupitus to a hungry Firbolg family*

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Belsameth

Funny tho how the "Generalites" seem to be able to say and do anything, including telling people to die of aids on a regular basis, yet when a Forumite does something like that (yes, it's not nice. yes, he was a n0rty boy. no, it wasn't actually THAT bad)
a mod, and especially one of the owners, bans him.
whats next? banning everybody who can't proof they have blond hair and blue eyes?

um. this probably won't be as nuanced as I'd like it to be but I'll give it a shot.
it is not true that generalites, as you seem to like calling us, are allowed to go as they please. it may indeed seem so to you, but to give an example one of the most prominent people got a week's ban for posting a nasty link. I think (yes think) that even though some of the general forum posters have some credit built up they will get hammered just as hard if they act like idiots.

yes, I am aware that I'm judging with the same double standards you're mentioning. example: that die of aids thing. it's a _very tired joke imo, and I personally find it quite distasteful. if you can't take it, then put the person who said it on ignore and use the 'report to a mod' link. same thing applies to any neanderthal who feels he or she should try to screw up your foruming pleasure.

however I must say that I dislike the 'us and them' thing far more than people swearing coherently or someone unleashing his 'comedy genius' on me. The same thing/rift/line of thinking (perhaps you've noticed) exists between the so-called "irc peeps" and the "forum peeps". For some odd reason that only an anthropologist can explain properly mixing well isn't an option. I was glad when I saw certain individuals from these forums start to post in the general forum, and you know full well that some who are active in the general forum post here, regardless of actually playing this game or not.

ah well, I didn't really have a point when I started this so I might as well stop. not everyone in the general forum will burn you at a stake for daring to post there, and not every DAoC player is a role-playing sword-totin' maniac. some are and some will though, but that's life.

-TdC, creator of the honey glazed kitten saute(with lemon grass)

O

old.Gombur Glodson

I'll just keep my opinion to myself.

Otherwise someone might get killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom