Trip down memory lane

Toggers

One of Freddy's beloved
Been hit with a dose of nostalgia recently and found myself reading through old threads and thinking that for me there was no other game like this one. I’m pleased it’s still going, not that I would return because for me it’s a fond memory of great days and should stay that way.

Reading through the old threads got me thinking of the flaming that used to go on against individuals, guilds, playstyles and the pure rage that we used to vent to each other, at the time it felt very personal if directed at me or anyone I played with but looking back it’s what made the game what it was, sh*t got personal and the community was a massive part of how we got absorbed into the game.

I remember fondly trying to do group rvr on my pally at around lvl 45 and the realisation that I hated the character in group rvr so then ended up making the scout to then realise I preferred the banter of a FG so rerolled again to a therg to then realise I didn’t like relying on random clerics and then to reroll finally to my cleric and then settling in to play with the same group of people, all of whom I considered friends and who I had the best banter with. Played all day and night with these guys and regularly got drunk with them whilst they wondered why after a few hours the laughs got louder and the heals came far slower

The grind of TOA, dual logging whilst waiting for mobs to pop, being forced to attend all day raids only to miss out on the credit because of a random bug, then spending untold hours pulling a certain type of mob and then returning to FH to debate over who pulled the arti first and if someone went ld or just logged with the loot. Whoever thought that would be fun and encourage the realm to work together clearly never had a life outside of the game or understood what made the game in the first place.

Think I quit for the final time around 2011 which meant I had 8 years and god knows how many hours invested in this game but looking back the adders, wannabe leets, zergers, soloers, nice guys irl, arti stealers, raid leaders, guild mates, grp mates and friends all made this game and what a game it was!!!

Cheers

Tog

P.s I realise most of the people I played with don’t read this forum anymore but they might like me get hit with a dose of nostalgia and look up the forum one day so to them personally “hello f*ckers!!!”

Toggers

One of Freddy's beloved
“Whom I considered friends”

Hello bambi! Miss u dude! #memories

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
There’s no school like the old school. ...... anyone got a time machine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom