TribesNation

M

MYstIC G

Right, I've run out of Ideas, time for all you Tribes 1/Tribes 2 peeps out there to gimmie some idea of what to do with the damn thing cos otherwise it'll probably just fade even further into the background.

Serious stuff though please.

O

old.caz

scripts download section

section for clan skins or skins submited by people

vechile & weapon skins

tatics pages

O

old.GRiLLA

gossip

Forget scripts, there are plenty of other places to get scripts from so TN would never be a deffinative collection like the Tribes2Depot.

TN should stick to the UK\Euro community and it's issues. Report on ladder matches, steal news from forums about the latest gossip, make it easier for tribes to get more of their news public eg. new members etc.

Tribalwar and PlantTribes will always be the global service providers, TN can provide us with the 'South Today' local news.

GRiLLA

O

old.KmA_MANTIS

Originally posted by caz
scripts download section

section for clan skins or skins submited by people

vechile & weapon skins

tatics pages

What did i tell yer about vehicle and wep skins eh? :p

M

MYstIC G

dunno, what, i've not got the greatest of memories

O

old.KmA_MANTIS

That was @ caz.

They will get you kicked you off server if CRC check is on :(

M

Mongrol

I agree with that other bloke. TN was always originally for local community gossip and match reporting. We don`t need some mad stringent reporting structure like what was attempted before either. Just news on recent ladder matches, BWTL matches, even scrim reports and gossip (who`s scrimming who, how did they get on) are of interest. Get more community personalities mentioned, who`s flaming who? who`s making cunt of themselves on the forums this week? this gives it a more homely feel and lets everyone get more familiar with everyone else. Readers have to participate too, post news, goss, anything. It is "our" (the communities) site afterall.

O

old.AntiPop

I agree with Grilla and Mongrol, the one thing T2 lacks atm is a sort of Tribes Magazine (like Match for football). The UK/Euro scene is just the right size for this sort of news.

I was looking to make my own site along these lines but couldn't find the staff to help out. If TN is going to go that way I'd be keen to get involved :)

AntiPop
antipop@beerbelly.co.uk :)

G

GReaper

Theres very little UK news to show on tribesnation because nothing is going on.

No BWT2L. This is one of the most major things which the UK community has to report on. Until the league has started, there will be nothing BarrysWorld related to report on. Whatever happened to the organised megagames? Playing new maps with plenty of experienced people.

As tribesnation itself reported, the game went gold in March and was released in the UK in April. It is now November, 7 months down the line. Has anything happened at BarrysWorld for Tribes 2? Not really.

Until people actually start up alternatives to report details on - there won't be much news other than theladder news.

M

Mongrol

TN shouldn`t just be reporting on UK and Barrysworld stuff. It`s clear the Tribes2 UK scene is severly limited if it exists at all. Tribes2 only has a Euro scene atm so thats where TN should be focusing until there`s a BWTL league to help foster UK support.

M

MYstIC G

problem with that being that everybody looks to euro-tribesplayer for their euro fix atm, so although im not saying focusing on that area would be a bad thing, i'm not sure TN's focus on that would do anything more than make it look like an ETP copy :(

O

old.Sogo

I feel that the way forward for TN is to provide UK team scrim/ladder/league reports along with some shoutcasts.

While the UK's scene is no doubt smaller than other Euros, there is nothing stopping us from doing 'casts and match reports a lá ETP, but for our community.

I know one guy (from a well known UK team) who already does this for OGL games, and it is very entertaining.

Promoting the UK T2 scene in a positive way can only have positive effects. It's gotta be worth looking into.

What d'ya reckon ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom