tribes3 beta, get it if your fast

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Is that a 'don't download it, it's shit,' or a 'it's good, but get's boring after like 2 days'?

YES, IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
anyone know where i can get this that isnt shitty file planet?

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Coim said:
Is that a 'don't download it, it's shit,' or a 'it's good, but get's boring after like 2 days'?

YES, IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. :p

Well, if you must know, I played it for a good few hours.. but that was only because I had absolutely nothing better to do at the time. It's like UT2k4, but not as good.. and I didn't like UT2k4.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
In summary:

Download it if you have a few hours that need to be wasted away, otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
I have lots of hours that need to be wasted away.

Fucking bored. :(

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Well, I'm buying Burnout 3 for my xbox on friday so hah! You should too!

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Burnout 3 looks l33t. I remember playing Burnout 2 on ze PS2. It owned. Burnout 3 looks even cooler.

I need money. :(

Miss

Fledgling Freddie
Tribes was the reason i started online gaming.
It's one of the few fps shooters that actualy require some presonal skill.
Tribes 1 swept my feet away and Tribes 2 just got me deeper into the online gaming scene.
I have no doubt that Tribes 3 is going to be another very succesfull game.
The aspect of a jetpack simply gives you the freedom of movement in the game that none other game has.
This is one game i wouldn't leave unbought/untested if it was up to me to make up someone elses mind.
It might feel different in the beggining if your not used to this type of games and especialy the jetpack feature, but in time you will either learn to love it or you will hate it because of the lack of adjustment to the jetpack feature.

Another new winner for sure! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Miss said:
Tribes 1 swept my feet away and Tribes 2 just got me deeper into the online gaming scene.
The aspect of a jetpack simply gives you the freedom of movement in the game that none other game has.
This is one game i wouldn't leave unbought/untested if it was up to me to make up someone elses mind.
It might feel different in the beggining if your not used to this type of games and especialy the jetpack feature, but in time you will either learn to love it or you will hate it because of the lack of adjustment to the jetpack feature.

with exception of tribes1 (i played qtf at that time) that story is _exactly_ like mine ;)

gogog tribes!!!

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
I remember watching the E3 trail of Tribes 3 it looks very interesting, but I lost interest in Tribes after all the cheating in Tribes 2.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Vepo said:
I remember watching the E3 trail of Tribes 3 it looks very interesting, but I lost interest in Tribes after all the cheating in Tribes 2.

never did have probs with cheating in t2, had some initial baby-ilnesses with lamors being ass*****, but which game doesnt have an abundance of those?

too bad t3 wont support 256 players :\ that was sooooooo roxx in t2. Get bomber, get altitude, switch to bomber seat, drop your load and BAIL BAIL BAIL! 20 kills minimum! :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
Miss said:

actually, i would say CS is the only fps game that doenst require as much skill as the others.

Miss

Fledgling Freddie
What i meant by "one of the few fps's that require personal skill" was that Tribes takes it even further with the jetpack, not only movement on land but movement on land, air and water. The use of vehicles brings a whole other level of skill to the game aswell.

I have to agree with CS = noskill fps though :twak:

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
HAHA I know what you mean Arnor. I used to be a very good pilot in Tribes/Tribes2, but i've tried it now and then over the past years and I suck at it now.

I always loved running people down in the 1 man hover bike (forgot the name) and I remember in Tribes one you could change things, I remember there be invisible 1 man flying vechiles and I would just ram into snipers onto of the hills.

Was a great laugh.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Miss said:

ever tried the game "jetpack" or "jetman" or something like that? :/ he has a nifty jetpack too!

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Played T1, great game. Played T2, loved it.

I have to say that unless T3 is incredible, i wont bother. Planetside sets the standard nowadays for this type of game imo and there really has to be some major new breakthrough in gaming tech to make this game even mildly interesting.

I agree with the general theory that CS = zero skill...imo CS = hax0red, every server has some bastard cheating...even worse when it happens in clan matches with a ref who watches it but cannot and will not do anything about it :)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
ever tried the game "jetpack" or "jetman" or something like that? :/ he has a nifty jetpack too!

old skool, now your talking games that got me into games!

-

But Duke Nukem was first with jetpacks in an fps that ive played.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom