Tribes, the Q3A Beater

T

Trojan1

Damn i really must buy this game on next payday. I must admit that i'd never seen the game until i went to Fusion99, but i gotta admit i liked the look of it.
It just ain't fair. I keep hearing all this hype and i cant afford to go and get it yet
frown.gif

------------------
Regards From Trojan1

P

paz

And if it isn't, then Tribes 2 is sure to be...

PC Zone gave Tribes (only) 88%, anyone else think this is the ultimate condemnation they just want pretty graphics and not the best gameplay in years?

-----
Parrais
parrais@bigfoot.com

[This message has been edited by paz (edited 20 May 1999).]

T

TedTheDog

Tribes is the best Teamplay game there is.
Its in such a league of its own the standard type of gameplay testing these mags do for their reviews just cant cater for it. Its a quantum leap for these buggers and they failed to make it.
Maybe they'll take note of Tribes 2?
Oh well.
I was in virgin megastore yesterday and saw the Starseige Universe box in their #2 bestseller slot which suprised me a little after the mag reviews. Shows that ppl read the online reviews as they seemed to understand what he game is all about and gave it higher marks.

Well, its a theory.

S

Skeeve

You know you like the game so ignore the idiots, one of those rubbish mags even gave turok2 a good score ffs.
wink.gif

E

Exocet

Tribes is great. I've almost entirely stopped playing Q2 because of it, except for clan meets.

Buy it. Buy it now. Unless you already have. In which case don't.

F

Fusion

Tribes isn't a Q3 beater purely because both games are of different content and style. It comes down to personal preference at the end of the day. Its also a bit premature to presume this on the basis quake3 isn't finished so their isn't much substance to this argument.
You have to remember that Tribes will appeal to a different audience from the quake games.

As a team game its unmatched but those looking for a more pacey game will be better of looking elsewhere, preferable quakeworld.

E

Exocet

Well I think that Tribes is a Quake beater. But as you say, it is a subjective viewpoint.

The two games are VERY different and I'm glad that they are. That way I can still enjoy both.

[GA]
[KT] Exocet

S

Shelob

Well for me tribes is better than q3a because its infinetley deeper and basically more fun.
I used to play oodles of qw online, now I play tribes exclusively (ish) online.
I still play QW on a LAN tho for its pure unadulterated adrenaline.

[BR] Shrapnel

P

Peej

Tribes is a great teamplay game, but then you can't compare it to Q3 just because it's a FPS. they have compeletly different styles of play, nuff said
smile.gif

S

Speccy

Well, i can't see Quake not being the DM/FFA game of choice for most people but Tribes is certainly making a big dent in the Quake CTF crowd. Ive always played CTF/Teamplay mods in Q/Q2 but I am also spending a lot more time on Tribes than Q2 these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom