Tribes 2

M

mirieth

Just started playing T2 online again (hooray for me d/ling the 87mb patch on 56k :p) and was wondering if anyone can tell me if there's any active forums for T2 alike to these forums for daoc?

Cheers.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

P L A N E T S I D E, you bastid! :eek:

*starts whipping the shizznack out of Mirieth - with teh pimpstick(tm)*

M

mirieth

>2gb of patches to download, no broadband. 'Nuff said :(.

M

Munkey-

then again, its stupid to play tribes 2 on a non-bb connection. It lags more than britains decision on the euro.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Munkey-
then again, its stupid to play tribes 2 on a non-bb connection. It lags more than britains decision on the euro.

:clap:

Well said! :D

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
P L A N E T S I D E, you bastid! :eek:

*starts whipping the shizznack out of Mirieth - with teh pimpstick(tm)*

that good, Sicko?
I remain sceptic, tho played with the idea of trying it for some time now

M

mirieth

Originally posted by Munkey-

Not for me. I played in the CTF ladder for a year with 56k and never had any problems. It's smooth as baby's bum on a decent server.

Unless you've played on non pub-servers then you may have had a different experience - I do agree that on 56k pub-servers can be hell. Though even on pub-servers I do okay - I managed 3 flag caps on the public game.de katabatic server earlier ;).

Edit: I forgot to add that on a good pub-server I average a ping of 150-250 which is playable and on a private server (practices, scrimms etc.) I average around 100-150.

O

old.LandShark

Capping on katabatic pubs tends to be a cakewalk unless their entire team is defending and all the clamps are on the flag area :D
Anyhooooo... T2 netcode is generally fantastic and it's much easier to adjust your lagged aim with a spinfusor than with, say, a shotgun or a <insert random PS weapon here>

T

The Kingpin

I found my T2 today, even tho am playing bf1942 alot at the moment..

I might give it a whirl later, 11 weeks off, am sure i can fit it in *mwahah*

My Alias in T2 is Santrex

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Belsameth
that good, Sicko?
I remain sceptic, tho played with the idea of trying it for some time now

It can be fantastic fun - as long as you get into a good outfit (*sucks up to Jup*:p).

I love that Starship Troopers feeling I get during some battles - and PL is just a great outfit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom