Trial question

BamBam

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,

I was wondering if the european 14 days trial include the catacombs engine? Including new character models.

BamBam

Fledgling Freddie
Oh boy, GOA arent too smart now.

Ofcourse they arent clever enough to include it in a trial like the US.

When a new player logs in to see those 23 year old models they are gonna laugh and dont buy the game.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Yes it does if you use the New TOA client. This client uses the Catacombs engine and will thus benefit from the Catacombs cahracter models and the opportunity to experience the New Towns and Tutorial patch.

Heta is incorrect.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
you only get ToA with Mythic afaik, so no catacombs models there either

bleeh ok! Requil posted at same time as me :)
Didnt know they models were put into the new versions of ToA etc, just went after which Client it was.

IainC

Heta said:
you only get ToA with Mythic afaik, so no catacombs models there either

bleeh ok! Requil posted at same time as me :)
Didnt know they models were put into the new versions of ToA etc, just went after which Client it was.
ToA is free on EU servers now as announced in our news last week. There is an enhanced ToA client available which includes the Catacombs character models - again as explained in our news.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
ToA is free on EU servers now as announced in our news last week. There is an enhanced ToA client available which includes the Catacombs character models - again as explained in our news.

I dont read EU daoc news, I just troll these forums

BamBam

Fledgling Freddie
Hello Requiel

I followed the 3 trial steps and was directed to dl a file called LauncherDAoC_TOA_uk.exe but when I installed and updated the graphics ingame were not Catacombs, what I am doing wrong?

And what news are you refering to?

IainC

BamBam said:
Hello Requiel

I followed the 3 trial steps and was directed to dl a file called LauncherDAoC_TOA_uk.exe but when I installed and updated the graphics ingame were not Catacombs, what I am doing wrong?

And what news are you refering to?
That link is for the regular ToA client, the New ToA client will be made available as a full download early next week, currently it's available as an update to the New SI client (which used to be the old trial client). You can download the converter here if you have a New SI client. Otherwise as soon as the new ToA client is compiled you will be able to download it directly - I'm assured this should be done within a few days.

News regarding free ToA on EU servers was here, here and here

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I have to say, even I am confused about the range of clients/downloads/trials/keys/licenses/accounts/subs available.

BamBam

Fledgling Freddie
/scratches head

So where do I get the "new SI client" ?

IainC

SI is no longer supported and so the New SI client is discontinued as of DR release.
Currently we offer the following clients - ToA, Catacombs and DR.
In addition the New ToA client will also work on our servers but this is not available as a full client yet, it was offered as an upgrade to New SI before DR release so that players using the New SI client could upgrade and keep using the Catacombs graphics engine. It will be made available on our download page as a full client very soon.

This will mean that there are four clients that work on EU servers:
ToA - minimum supported client with access to SI and ToA content, free to all subscribers/triallers.
New ToA - catacombs graphics engine with access to SI and ToA content, free to all subscribers/triallers.
Catacombs - available to subscribers, offering full access to SI, ToA and Catacombs content.
DR - available to subscribers offering full access to SI, ToA, Catacombs and DR content.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
bumping this
downloaded the TOA client thats on download and the one u get with the free trial, NONE of em come with new catacombs graphics, come on GOA u can do better then this

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
yah, my bro dl the so called new gfx models toa ... but still nothing :(

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
you can download the DR Client and use this client even for a TOA licence, this is what im doing at the moment -you dont get access to the cata / DR fluff but you do get the updated gfx's etc (unless our friendly GM's decide to put the blocks on it :)

noblok

Part of the furniture
Oboy said:
bumping this
downloaded the TOA client thats on download and the one u get with the free trial, NONE of em come with new catacombs graphics, come on GOA u can do better then this
Did you download the ToA client or the new ToA client? I remember having catacombs models enabled when I created a trial account and played new SI. It seems odd that it'd be bugged with new ToA :).

If you downloaded new TOA, did you start that or did you just click your old TOA icon? As far as I know downloading new TOA doesn't upgrade your old TOA client, but just works as a new client.

For Eggy: the lowest client you can play in is now ToA. GOA also offers new ToA, which is basically ToA, but with catacombs graphics. I think you have to create a trial account to be able to download this new ToA, at least I didn't find it udner "downloads" on the chronicles page :).

Other clients are Catacombs and DR, which you need to acces the content of these specific expansions.

That's what I understood at least :).

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
I think you have to create a trial account to be able to download this new ToA, at least I didn't find it udner "downloads" on the chronicles page :).

i did create a trial account and followed the link it gave me to the download, but the version i got was the same they have under there website under download. I think its just GOA thats lazy and again cant hold what they promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom