Help Tri-wing screwdriver

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Anyone in Kent with a Tri-wing screwdriver I can have/borrow for a day or does anyone know of somewhere that stocks them? I've got a GC disc stuck in my Wii and can't get the fecker open without one.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I needed one for my router and popped to Maplin. Can't see the set I got but sure it was under £10.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Them changeable head type screwdrivers won't work I'm afraid. Not thin enough to get into certain holes.

Will have to order one online and sit it out.

Pain in the arse as I can fix it in like 30 seconds if I had the right screwdriver. I even tried melting the casing of a biro and pushing it into the screw hole to see if it would melt to the shape of the screw. It did, but it wasn't strong enough. :(

Yaka

Part of the furniture
kenny you can borrow mine if yer wants

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I ordered one yesterday afternoon and it arrived today. Bit of a result for just over 2 quid incl p+p.

Got the disc out. Put it all back together and tried it again. It got stuck again, doh!
So I pulled it apart again and it seems that it's 50:50 as to whether it cocks up or not. Seems the GC discs can sometimes slip over some sort of lip just inside the loading slot and it that happens they get jammed. I didn't rip the guts out of the wii to see if I can correct it as I only have two GC games and rarely play them. It copes fine with Wii games as they come no where near this "lip". Ah well I've got the screwdriver now if it cocks up again. :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
try it without the front plate on the dvd end. if they go in and out fine. then its prolly the little padding thingie on the dvd slot blocking it you should be abel to trim it with a stanley knife

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom