Transparent Windows

G

galdora

Hi all,

Just a quick question. On many of the screen shots shown on this board the windows (chat,conc,friends,grp mini, etc) are transparent. Mine arn't. How's this done?

Could have waited until I get home and have a look at the keyboards settings. But just sat here bored at work, so I thought I'd ask the question.

Thanks for any help you can be.

O

old.Whismerill

Right click on the element you wanna change, then increase its transparency on the lil poping window.

G

galdora

Aaahhhh, that's what that annoying right-click pop-up thing is for. The alpha one?

G

galdora

Are we talking about the same thing SFXman? I'm on about the ingame windows mate.

T

Thorarin

Yes, the alpha setting determines transparency. 0% would be invisible, 100% would be fully opaque.

S

SFXman

galdora, I misunderstood and wrote how to get transperant windows in Windows :)
Then edited since I realised what I had done, heh. 0% alpha in-game makes some windows totally transperant and the text etc. becomes very bright (but this only works in the compass and message box I think).

M

matax

Any alpha changes will be permanent changes - if you just want to take a screen shot with no windows/interface etc showing use the TAB key to toggle them on/off.

E

Elric IA

Even if you use the TAB key the compass and performance meter will still show up on screenshots. The TAB key clears all the toher windows (chat, character, hotbar, friends, etc.)

R

Roo Stercogburn

When prepping screenshots I hit Tab, SHIFT+N,SHIFT+C, then screenshot, then switch back on the various hud elements again. I don't bother if the only part of the pic I'm interested in is dead centre and away from the various toolbars and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom