STEAM Transfering game saves/etc

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I realise there's 'Steam Cloud' where this data is saved, but is it automatically saved on Steam Cloud & on your PC, and if it's not on Steam Cloud, is there a way to x-fer the information onto Steam Cloud?

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I think its saved on both at the same time. If theres a more up to date save on your PC (say if you play with no net connection) that will overwrite the Cloud save. I have noticed Steam will try and sync with Cloud servers on exiting a game.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Be careful. Steam Cloud is title dependant.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
what he means is, steam cloud isnt enabled for everything on steam, only certain things

so if you have 10 games, delete steam, and reinstall, only 5 will have your config and saves....

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
If you're on Windows 7, there's a Steam folder in your Documents folder C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Steam. I think thats the path off the top of my head but this should point you in the general direction. Obviously if you have your data location set to another drive it will be on that drive letter as the starter. Game saves for games made from Steam games go in here I think. At least, it did for my Mass Effect game saves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom