Transfer Chars?

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Do mythic do this? move chars from a server to another?

I have heard that they have done it in the US (i think) but do they do it on in EU?

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Mythic offer this service.
GOA are looking into it. Point is that GOA servers run a different system or smth? and therefore its not as easy as it is on Mythic.

Atleast thats what i heard last time.

Keres

One of Freddy's beloved
mikke said:
Do mythic do this? move chars from a server to another?

I have heard that they have done it in the US (i think) but do they do it on in EU?

I think you are referring to something else where you can move characters from an account to another account, not a different server. The point was that if a couple both had 50s on one account and wanted to play together then Mythic could for the sum of $40 (I think) to move a char to a new blank account, but it would be still on the same server.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
cemi0 said:
Mythic offer this service.
GOA are looking into it. Point is that GOA servers run a different system or smth? and therefore its not as easy as it is on Mythic.

pryd directory -> copy -> excal directory -> paste?

How hard can it really be, if they just cba to try? :eek:

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
mikke said:

don't think the americans offer this service - they offer the service to copy your char to the pendragon test server buts thats all afaik...

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Mythic dont offer to move chars between servers.
However you can transfer up to 4 characters to a new account.
GOA doesnt yet.

Thought it was this you were asking about.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
mikke said:

i doubt its that easy

Pohjan Poika

Fledgling Freddie
soon goa has to get server clustering aswell or they will be in deep shit with the rvr population, since there are some people that are leaving the game due to the fact that they cannot face changes in a game and/or cba to fix it them selves by arranging spots where they do thier beloved fg fights.
since most of them tr0ll these boards and sit im da irc and discuss fights they've had.

Worfen

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:

:clap:

User exists, overwrite? (Y/N): YES

:clap:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Pohjan Poika said:
soon goa has to get server clustering aswell or they will be in deep shit with the rvr population, since there are some people that are leaving the game due to the fact that they cannot face changes in a game and/or cba to fix it them selves by arranging spots where they do thier beloved fg fights.
since most of them tr0ll these boards and sit im da irc and discuss fights they've had.

cluelessness reached new heights, grats being the first on that mountain.

:!!!

yes +1 r0x

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:

lol a hell of a lot harder than just that :(

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Pohjan Poika said:
Idiocy comes in many forms. You are one of them.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Tears said:
And so are you :)

I know you are but what am I

What the fuck man? You sound like a 10 year old, unless your his mate rl / online etc and are just fucking with him. Either way only you and him would get that joke over a public forum :D.

As for transfer stuff, ye would be cool if you could but remember that some people have the same Names on different servers and I doubt either would like to have to change there name just so they could start on a new server, also there are multiple servers for a reason. To try different realms out etc, sorta doesnt make sense when you want to transfer server just to take the easy way out, just dont feel like doing the work needed to have a charac on that server and so want it insta-click CS / Planetside style. Although I'm sure some people will claim they wish to be with their friends on a certain server or simply dont like that realm / server.

That said I wonder why I cant just pay Goa to just give me a rr6 character of my choice with all the items I request, crafted or dropped and ML line chosen while having no RA's spent. :m00:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
mikke said:

Didn't realise they were running "Microsoft DAoCServer 2000 XP + ME"

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Didn't realise they were running "Microsoft DAoCServer 2000 XP + ME"

They do ... just upgraded from "Microsoft DAoCServer '95 SE" to solve the lag :p :fluffle:

Bloodhunter

Banned
goa prolly can but then every1 would want transfer their uber rr11 ml10 chars to camlann it it would be too much work for them :p

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
just reroll it will only take you ooooo about 6 months to get back where you are.

And tbh the reason they dont do char copy is probbly very simple IE way to much hassle and it cant be just a case of cut and paste because if i remember how the code work each item everywhere has a unique ID code to stop people duping, also housing lots as well all your artifacts quest encounters.

It wouldnt be just a case of cut and paste it would be a case of cut recompile and rebuild the whole character data base. Or somthing dunno not seen the code for daoc :)

but thats the reason i would give you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom