Trading realms, would it be fun?

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
How would you feel if GoA announced they would change realmareas around?

So lets say you took all alb chars ect and moved them to the mid land areas, moved middies to hib and hibbies to alb.

All keeping their realm, but getting an all new PvE area + different homearea in NF.

For me that could really make a lot of fun. Totally new kinda PvE raids to go to.

Discuss...

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
dunno, dont go to classic areas nomore :p

but i think i wouldnt enjoy it:p
when a new player asks for directions i can give them easye. but whit the area change, that would be gone (hahahah)

dunno what to really say, trange idea there

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
I didnt just mean classic, also SI, catas or whatever areas that are different in the realms.

And enlighten me, Gaheris? US server? and how is that one? Like I said or? :)

But I didnt really want a new server. I just wanted them to change the current one, so all keep their chars ect, but get new areas(or old, but new to that realm)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Baldrian said:
And enlighten me, Gaheris? US server? and how is that one? Like I said or? :)
Co-op server.

And nah I wouldn't like that to happen.

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Co-op server.

And nah I wouldn't like that to happen.

Ok no Co op was not what I meant, I dont want to travel to other realms, I want them to switch.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I play all 3 realms so it wouldn't make any difference to me, so I say no =)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
I play all 3 realms so it wouldn't make any difference to me, so I say no =)

good point there!

roll another realm on another server

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
good point there!

roll another realm on another server

Nope, because its not the point at all. I wanna run hib/mid lands with my alb classes, with no hibs/mids around.
and I wanna do it with all the same people as is in alb now.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
would be cool if they swapped the SI lands around.

I imagine it's not easily done given you have to deal with all the people that logged out in the normal zone..
(though apparently a german server had the epic dungeons swapped for a week or two - would like to try galladoria with my albies :))

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I think it would be nice for a GoA event if they did that for say 1 week or so.
Though I guess its a near impossible thing to do because some people might be logged out somewhere in Midgard then the next day they log back in inside a wall or something as their realm has changed to Hibernia or so and theres a wall at the location they logged out.

Though swapping realms for some time would be rather fun and will make the classic area's populated again atleast for aslong as the event lasts.

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
would be cool if they swapped the SI lands around.

I imagine it's not easily done given you have to deal with all the people that logged out in the normal zone..
(though apparently a german server had the epic dungeons swapped for a week or two - would like to try galladoria with my albies :))

Aye a lot of epic dungeons/mobs ect I would love to try in mid/hib with my fellow albs. :)

MaCaBr3

Banned
I think it's very stupid that u can't go in the pve area of another realm. Artis and other crap aside, the only way to know another realm, is to start a char on another server or buy a another accounts for the same server.

Himse

FH is my second home
MaCaBr3 said:
I think it's very stupid that u can't go in the pve area of another realm. Artis and other crap aside, the only way to know another realm, is to start a char on another server or buy a another accounts for the same server.

go play pvp.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldn't mob droppings be a problem as well?

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Ame said:
mob droppings

Eww :eek7: Thats a problem too in your mainland... Emagine what kind of waste there must be in Dartmoor with all them horsies...

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Pygme's with a verdant animist :O
Or even better, redcaps.. OLOL GIVE

But serious now, I think its a cool idea, perhaps not for the hardcore RvR junkies (but they wouldnt even notice it!) and would be tremendous fun for the majority of players.

Itemized drops might be a problem - but it would be fun. And Albs or Mids could see how wank the Hib SI-dungeons are :p

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Swapping the epic dungeons for a week would be fun!

Just remove all the drops so it isn't a problem, and if your logged in there you return to your last bind point :clap:

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Baldrian said:
Nope, because its not the point at all. I wanna run hib/mid lands with my alb classes, with no hibs/mids around.
and I wanna do it with all the same people as is in alb now.

Well come camlann and you can go anywhere you want(allmost) without meeting a singel soul. Hint is to avoid popular artifacts, ToA havens and SI capitals. Rest is more or less empty most of the time :eek7:

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
Swapping the epic dungeons for a week would be fun!

Just remove all the drops so it isn't a problem, and if your logged in there you return to your last bind point :clap:
Thought most of the point of the epic dungeons were the drops though.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Ame said:
Thought most of the point of the epic dungeons were the drops though.

If your going there to farm yes the point is the drops.

I know the first time I went to Sidi I didn't go for the drops however. I went cos it was a cool new zone I hadn't seen before, and lots of fun it was.
If they swapped them around for just a week, that would be enough time for the 70% of the playerbase who has only seen one of the epic dungeons to go there and go oooh pwetty.
Then they can put them back again!

Since TOA most of the SI dungeon drops are crap anyway, the times i've gone to sidi recently were cos I wanted to kill apoc having not done it, the drops were a minor bonus and mostly went on non-50 alts.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Himse said:
go play pvp.

When was the last time you saw a sidi raid capable of taking out apoc organised on the PVP server, eh?

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
When was the last time you saw a sidi raid capable of taking out apoc organised on the PVP server, eh?
Since Horde controlled over half the population of the server.

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah could be a 1 week event or maybe 2. It would be really awesome I think :)

haoth

Fledgling Freddie
i wish minstel where a mid class then i could grp with hunters <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom