trading bug??!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphios

Fledgling Freddie
right, today me and chosen guild dont gov encounter, i got the vest, and we lotto'd, a guy from chosen won the lotto, so i happily traded the item over to him, i ld'd after that and came back, i said gratz to him and he said he had not got the vest, so i looked in my invent, and the vest was not there, i was abit confused by this and atfirst i thought they was joking, but it turned out they werent....
i checked my invent and it wasnt there, just some other drops off danos,
at this time i did get some abuse, but i cant blame them tbh, i did offer to provide screen shots at that very moment of my full invent with clock on so they could see how fast it took to take each screen shot, so there was no way i could put it in different bags, they said no to this and still blamed me for stealing it, i dont understand, i have been playing daoc for over a year now and i may be alot of things, BUT IM NOT A THIEF, and i dont think its fair that im gonna get some shit rep for stealing gov, when i never!!
and the fact that they wouldnt accept screen shots there and then with not even a second in between each screen shot seems abit funny, i started to think they actually had the vest but just wanted to get me in shit..
also i have never heard of artis just vanishing into thin air, and i did 100% ld after the trade was complete, so i seriously have no idea were the hell it is at.
im currently still camping gov and waiting for danos to pop again, i did wait 48 hours for it this time, so why would i be wasting my time sitting there for another 48 hours if i had the vest....
i want to know what the hell is going on?

Gray-CF

Fledgling Freddie
i know Galid had smth similar to this recently - lost 4 items when trading with his bb afaik

maybe he can at least confirm that so peeps knows its possible?

Runirn

Fledgling Freddie
sounds like a known inventory bug, try to swap an item in your inventory to the first empty spot, the item should appear in the spot you swapped the item from.. try the 2nd and 3rd too if it doesnt work.

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
oblimov said:
sounds like youve lost faith in humanity :p

Or maybe he's just stopped being naive, unlike 95% of the rest of people.

Reser

Fledgling Freddie
Just hope you telling the truth tbh m8. Thats all i gota say

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
it used to happen a lot afaik when we had dark age of LD/server crashelot

Twist

Fledgling Freddie
Heard about a similar problem once before when the server crashed and it turned out to be a result of the last char save [allegedly]

Player A with nothing has char saved, accepts item, then LD's. Player B gives item over, has char saved, and LD's. Both log back on without the item :(

Nephilia

Loyal Freddie
Like I told you ingame Aphios I have sent GoA an email to find out what happened. If your telling the truth I will apologize for calling you a thief/lier and you can laugh at me all you want.

They responded with this today, so I guess we find out what happened tomorrow afternoon:

Response (CM) 09/15/2004 04:05 PM
Hi There
I won't be able to check the server logs until late tomorrow afternoon however out of experience the chance of it disappearing in a link death is fairly low.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

tierk

Part of the furniture
Surely Goa have logs of everything so why not just try to get confirmation from them and that way everyone is happy?

aphios

Fledgling Freddie
any other emails you get please redirect them to me, so i can read them for my self and not just summit posted on a forum.

aphios

Fledgling Freddie
and also ask if there is any other way of it just randomly disapearing becuse tbh i seriously dont have it lol !

Miss

Fledgling Freddie
something simular happened to Ozrique aswell when he was transfering Broodmother Fang to another char, he had it returned by goa though.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
aphios said:
and also ask if there is any other way of it just randomly disapearing becuse tbh i seriously dont have it lol !

Like someone wrote, there is a display bug in inventory sometimes. take a item in inv that you can see and move it down 1 slot at the time, gov might just pop out from a empty slot.

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Aloca said:
Like someone wrote, there is a display bug in inventory sometimes. take a item in inv that you can see and move it down 1 slot at the time, gov might just pop out from a empty slot.

Yep, had that bug whilst I went LD moving stuff from my vault, thought I must have forgotten to remove the item from my vault or moved it to the wrong character but lo and behold whilst I moved more stuff around it suddenly showed up as if previously invisible!

aphios

Fledgling Freddie
hmm i did buy gov today... and i think i bought it because the 1 of danos dissapeared? ;o
me buying gov has nothing to do with the 1 that got lost during LD lol :/
WHICH I HOPE GOA CAN FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED SO THIS BS CAN STOP
thx.

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
aphios said:
hmm i did buy gov today... and i think i bought it because the 1 of danos dissapeared? ;o
me buying gov has nothing to do with the 1 that got lost during LD lol :/
WHICH I HOPE GOA CAN FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED SO THIS BS CAN STOP
thx.

Well.. If i was a thief who just stole Gov..
First thing i would wanna do is try and cover my back..
hmm i.e make a thread.. then ofc i have a Gov hiden so i need a story on how i got it, Brought one.. likely story .. easy heh?

im not accusing anyone but sounds funny to me and yes im in a **** mood

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
did you take the screen shots? if so lets see em you tea leaf. ;)

Eclain from your post you sound like your the one that won the lotto? :D If he turns out to be telling the truth i think ur apology should be one of the first ;)

goa's log will not only be able to tell if it dissapeared but also tell if he bought one of CM :D

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
Funkdocta said:
Eclain from your post you sound like your the one that won the lotto? :D If he turns out to be telling the truth i think ur apology should be one of the first ;)

Nope i just hate lie'ers and thiefs and as i said im not accusing him just sounds funny

aphios

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, me and elcain just hate each other so i think thats why hes being a twat

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
elcain is ur standard moron these days
u'll learn to live with it

aphios

Fledgling Freddie
i know elcain from 2 previous guilds, and yes he is an ass =)

vintervargen

Banned
2 small tips if you want ppl to believe you:

1. be the first to take the initiative to contact GOA for logs.

2. use less "lol" "omfg!1" "I DIDNT DO IT" etc.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom