Trade Skills

O

old.Chronic

Hi,
Does anyone know a few good sites that have lists of Trade Skills & where items can be found in game Please.

Thanks..

F

Flimgoblin

Speaking of tradeskills, not many people seem to know how much better crafted armour/weapons are than the shop-bought stuff (or the dropped stuff).

AF 44 armour at 95% (crafted) is effectively AF 42..
AF 44 armour at 100% (crafted) is AF 44
AF 44 armour at 89% (dropped) is effectively af AF 39
AF 44 armour at 80% (some dropped stuff) is effectively AF 35

doesn't seem huge I suppose... times it by 6 (for each bit of armour) and it's beginning to make a difference...

Also if you check the friday grab bag from last friday, sanya was saying how the quality has a 'double dipping' effect...
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/321.php
if someone has a 100% weapon on your 80% armour, as well as the difference in AF or whatever, they get _an extra_ bonus based on that 20% difference...

OK, so being a crafter I obviously want people to buy crafted goods :) but I thought people might want to know that higher quality often outweighs the bonus hps/stats/etc. that you get from the dropped magical items.

(NB: the crafted stuff goes from 90%-100%, so it may not always be a huge deal better than the 89% drops... I know a lot of crafters will give you discounts if you want them to try for better quality... but it can get expensive)

This aducation was brought to you by the Albion Crafter's Union :)

O

old.tRoG

if you refer to the post above you can clearly see that store-bought armour is awful :)

buy crafted!

(hey, at least it'll make those people on the daoc tradeskills forums shut up about there being 'no market' ;) )

S

svar

Yes, crafted is always better than store bought, but almost every time wrose than drops. Why? Well most every class but tanks use their armors only for bonuses. If you are a caster it does not matter if you have full set of AF 46 or nothng on you, you will die in 3 hits max anyway. So bonuses on drops outweight the quality facrot by great deal, except for tanks. Tanks are only classes that have actual use for crafted armor, but then again lvl 50 epic armor is all 100% qua, AND it has nice bonuses so...

I am sorry for crafters, i truly am.

F

Flimgoblin

I'd have to concede that point - casters don't need decent armour...

it's the difference between 2 and 3 hits to die... maybe... sometimes no difference at all :)

For tanks...

the bonuses actually ain't all that impressive..... and do they actually do that much for you? +4 dex might sound nice... but what does it do?

Yeh it is a bit hard to compete with lvl 50 epic armour :) but until you hit level 50.... get some crafted gear.

S

SFXman

Wonder can scouts get any useful crafted stuff. Bows? Armor isn't a big deal since we are supposed to kill before the target gets to us :)

D

Danya

Find a fletcher, they can make you a bow ;)
In fact on Prydwen I know there are several fletchers of decent skill - you could try Shenonder in SotL, I'm sure there are others too.

G

Gekul

And when you look at Aeiedil's post, crafted weps seem even better :) Gets complicated when you think of the dropped with bonuses weps though.

S

SFXman

Maybe after I can't get my hands on a magical weapon anymore I will go for a 100% quality bow and thrust weapon... then enchant them both.
Oh yeah anyone got any idea how good like a 10% bonus is or something?

S

svar

Player crafted weapons of highest level materials and quality can be enchanted for up to 35%.

S

SFXman

Yes, 35% aye? Seems quite nice indeed. Oh yeah and I must correct me saying I must 100% quality items since now I have been told they are extremely hard to make, let's make it 90-95% with a nice enchantment bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom