Tracking a phone?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Do you guys know any way to track a lost cellphone. It is active at the moment. Old Nokia Xpress music 5800. Can call it. Must be somehow you can find out where it is. Approximately.

Poag

m00?
Can contact your phone network provider. They 'may' tell you its approximate location based on tower triangulation.

However i wouldn't hedge my bets on it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've seen stories of people tracking lost ipads or iphones because the teef took pictures on it and they were automatically uploaded to the owner's photostream (or whatever it's called), or by clever folks renaming the device. I'm sure the provider might be able to help but it's always worth putting something like Cerberus on if it's possible (ie if its not an old nokia).

My first port of call would be looking in one your girlfriends' apartments, though. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Where did you have it last? Where have you been after that? Is it stolen or did you jsut lose it?

Kind of need to know info :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
good android phone tracking app recommendations?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Triangulation info not usually given to end user for reasons of security..bit pointless these days of course...you could beg..say your dead relatives pictures are on it..in future use that app that messages the gps position just ad the battery dies or when you txt the command.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
installed. seems awesome. doing the week long trial atm.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
There's an official Google one.now, believe it's Android Device Manager, not sure if it works without Google Apps for Business but worth a look. I prefer MyXperia as it seems to kill the battery less, but think you need taste in phones to use that ;-)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The advantage of having a Sony brick is that nobody wants to steal it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
installed. seems awesome. doing the week long trial atm.

Root your phone and install it secretly. Then it disappears from all phone menus and cannot be uninstalled by hard reset. And the thief will never know it's there.

Poag

m00?
Triangulation info not usually given to end user for reasons of security..bit pointless these days of course...you could beg..say your dead relatives pictures are on it..in future use that app that messages the gps position just ad the battery dies or when you txt the command.

Indeed, but as hes looking for an older featurephone it wont have any droid or ios tracking on it. Thus his only chance is tower triangulation :(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
good android phone tracking app recommendations?

Somewhere in Google dashboard if you want to be worried about what they're recording...if you turn on phone tracking, it records where your phone is on a minute by minute basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom