L

Legolias

Shocking imo :) left out IP's/names :

1. 13 ms 15 ms 13 ms xxxxxxxxxchello.nl
2. 16 ms 16 ms 15 ms xxxxxxxxxxupc.net.nl
3. 19 ms 19 ms 19 ms xxxxxxxxxxupc.net.nl
4. 14 ms 14 ms 14 ms xxxxxxxxxxxupc.net.nl
5. 244 ms 247 ms 247 ms xxxxxxxxxxaorta.net <--- here starts the lag
6. 692 ms *** 702 ms us.xxxxxxxx.aorta.net <--- here is the serious problem.

7 - 20 are basically 110 - 140 ms pings which are in europe again.

Basically this shows chello routes through Holland > US > europe > France > GOA.

The problem with our constant lag is clearly somewhere in the US... also this shows that the absolute minimum ping we could have is 150ish ms :/

L

lakih

Find out who owns the routers, send them a mail with tracerts over a vast period of time, it might help.

Those of us using BBB from sweden had this problem a year ago and it worked out fine, we manage to get rid of the bad routing and lowerd our lag quite a bit. Its always worth a try.
Hope it works out for you.

W

Wij

Sounds familiar. When I was a UT admin / Clan Leader I constantly had people whining about Chello connections to almost everywhere. Their peering was abysmal.

O

old.windforce

had same problem

chello did shit about it so i ditched it and get adsl

i have constant 90 ms ping most of the time

chello sucks

/edit ps. they have strong peering with some yanks and really don't like wannadoo. guess who is fecked...:(

N

)nick(

Been there, done that... got adsl instead.

Chello were routing most traffic via the US for ages when I was with them. I sent them numerous e-mails and they didn't do anything about it. This lasted about a year and then I decided to ditch em and get KPN adsl which gives me excellent response times of about 25-40 even to DAOC.

B

boogyman

Originally posted by Balthy
:(

yep I only have red lag now, will try and order adsl today

i got adsl ... 4 days now perma yellow lag ingame and ping to goa site ~450.... if it continues i get rid of adsl.

B

boogyman

Checked with visual tracer ... f*cking copenhagen, 500 ping :(

A

angara-ffs

Originally posted by -nicolas-
Been there, done that... got adsl instead.

Chello were routing most traffic via the US for ages when I was with them. I sent them numerous e-mails and they didn't do anything about it. This lasted about a year and then I decided to ditch em and get KPN adsl which gives me excellent response times of about 25-40 even to DAOC.

Its the cheapest way for them since UPC is located in USA.
It sucks, ADSl >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chello :D

no use calling them, mailing them..this is the way their traffic goes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom