TP SS merged

Nibor

One of Freddy's beloved
After some negotiations we can proudly announce:

TP and SS merged today.

Still working at alliance to make it fit for clustering.

Wished some more small guilds < 10 members would follow this example, to get more working units in Albion again.

Thx for your attention

Comos

Loyal Freddie
This was a good idea of Nibor, we need to get ready for those guild patches that are coming up. TP was inactive with only a few members remaining, now we're much stronger again.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
If all or even just many of those little guilds did merge together, we'd never have enough to claim all the towers and keeps, to be honest. Its hard enough getting guilds to claim as it is.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Kagato said:
If all or even just many of those little guilds did merge together, we'd never have enough to claim all the towers and keeps, to be honest. Its hard enough getting guilds to claim as it is.

I wouldn't mind the towers not in siege range of the keeps to be unclaimed tbh. At least then, duo-trio teams can attack em to try to get some action to them without having to be part of the massive zerg all the time. Maybe that would spread some of the action over the frontier.

Nibor

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato said:

After clustering there will be enough guilds to claim, as Pryd/Albs will want their share of Keeps/Towers too.

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Is it:

a) Shadowlord Prodigy
b) The Society

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
Good luck

Good luck to both.

Two nice guilds with smashing people in them, should hopefully make one very nice guild.

Sorry to see The Prodigy name go, but I can keep my old alts in there for keep claims if ever needed.

Regards

Ashgen

izual

Fledgling Freddie
Great job nibor

nice 2 see some preparation 4 clustering.

I hope we can kick the mid's n hibs on excal and pryd in the future :)

Loonatik

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato said:

Small, inactive guilds usually don't have enough BPs to claim towers or keeps anyway. Small, active guilds is a different thing of course.
I think Albion would benefit from a few more merges like this one. With new very small guilds popping up each day (only to disappear a few weeks later) it's impossible to have a working alliance situation. Several of the old backbone guilds are now significantly smaller than they used to be. Smaller guilds means less guild activity (MLs, RvR nights, Arti hunts etc) which the whole realm will suffer from in the end.

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
Loonatik said:
Small, inactive guilds usually don't have enough BPs to claim towers or keeps anyway. Small, active guilds is a different thing of course.
I think Albion would benefit from a few more merges like this one. With new very small guilds popping up each day (only to disappear a few weeks later) it's impossible to have a working alliance situation. Several of the old backbone guilds are now significantly smaller than they used to be. Smaller guilds means less guild activity (MLs, RvR nights, Arti hunts etc) which the whole realm will suffer from in the end.

Are there any traditional style guilds left?

The game has changed beyond any recognition from 2 years ago. PvE is a means to an end, done only to get items and not for the PvE experience, RvR is king and with that comes elite "RvR focus" guilds, which are by implication small.

So while I agree about combining small guilds for the benefit of all, is there actually a need for old type guilds doing old type guild things?

Not sure if it's an "Albion" thing but there is more and duoing and trioing (is that a word?) in RvR, which shows me the way the game is heading.

Anyway, good luck to SS and TP amalgamation, SS and TP used to be a premier guild in both PvE and RvR, I hope together they can regain that status.

Regards

Ash

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
DAOC and guilds have changed, though I disagree about the soloing and duoing, its becoming increasingly rare and generally 'limited' to things like poc camping or stealthed bridge campers.

Actual roaming duo's only a few brave, bored or reckless tend to do.

Or op'd warlocks etc of cause.

But back on topic, RvR is generally considered the end game, when the game first started it often took casual players a whole year to reach level 50, specially if they tried to do quests, explore and join in on epic raids etc like many of us did, so its only natural many guilds were both PvE and RvR orientated.
Whats more back in them days people also viewed guilds differently, having gm'd 2 I know alot of people expected guilds to 'entertain' them and arrange epic raids or events and so forth and hold regular meetings.

People don't care as much these days for such things, heck with ML's to do theres far to many raids to worry about as it is !

And now being easier to hit 50 and get RvR ready on a casual level its natural I think most guilds will try to focus on RvR.

Aashild

Fledgling Freddie
Someone should merge with Royal Bavarians and Black Falcons imo ... they got loads of BP , but they seem to be vanishing off the map ... both great guilds :worthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom