TP/SS in Hadrians Wall

sorcerer_spliff

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 6, 2004
Messages
16
You guys are nice and all but... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD can you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease take your fotm groups back to emain/odin? The last refuge for gimped small groups and soloers are about to dissapear because of you.

Thank you.

:worthy:
 

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,332
haha, roam HW with fotm-setup 4 TEH WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
 

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
3,777
sorcerer_spliff said:
You guys are nice and all but... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD can you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease take your fotm groups back to emain/odin? The last refuge for gimped small groups and soloers are about to dissapear because of you.

Thank you.

:worthy:
Agreed however theres more then just those 2 guilds zerging it.
 

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
420
I solo alot HW. I also run duo and with 3-4. I have also led SS groups to HW but I would hardly call them fotm.

We usually run HW when we are missing key classes and unable to field the 'optimal' setup, and would therefore struggle in Odins/Emain. We generally don't like to zerg unless it is in realm defence, or the enemy are zerging and so HW is the only real option. Our HW grp (when full) is often 2 Reavers, Merc, Pala, 2 Mincer, Sorc, Cleric. And that is our good setup :)

Part of it aswell is trying to be more proactive in realm defence, by maintaining a presence in HW. I understand that this can be a bummer for soloers like yourself (and often me), but I think Albion needs a higher profile in it's own frontier.

I don't think HW will change that much for soloers in the time it has left. It is still viable. Even Odin's is still viable solo primetime for a buffed to the balls non-stealther if you are prepared to suffer the odd gangbang and persevere.
 

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Jan 27, 2004
Messages
481
sorcerer_spliff said:
You guys are nice and all but... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD can you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease take your fotm groups back to emain/odin? The last refuge for gimped small groups and soloers are about to dissapear because of you.

Thank you.

:worthy:
You dont own RvR zones.

Why do people feel the need to 'claim' areas. If you even looked at the rvr situation atm you might have posted differently or most likely not posted at all.

I wasnt in the said grp but I have been known to go to HW, as for the fotm grps ?.............A grp with a reaver/ friar and sometimes not '2' clerics omg. Hardly fotm.

and Kagato please, 1fg is hardly a Zerg. If a solo'er gets caught by a fg thats chance he took when he left the tk without stealth. Just like a person leaving a tk unbuffed in epic armor, with no cleric and not knowing what a sorc is ;).

Tbh, I usually let them go, solo'ers but no always ofc. BD's Die on sight for example!. Other grp members get frag happy, quick to respond, bored etc :D.

Dont worry anyway, Toa inc. HW back to the boringing little zone it is that nobody use's for rvr except for roleplayers :m00:
 

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
3,777
Vindicator said:
You dont own RvR zones.

Why do people feel the need to 'claim' areas. If you even looked at the rvr situation atm you might have posted differently or most likely not posted at all.

I wasnt in the said grp but I have been known to go to HW, as for the fotm grps ?.............A grp with a reaver/ friar and sometimes not '2' clerics omg. Hardly fotm.

and Kagato please, 1fg is hardly a Zerg. If a solo'er gets caught by a fg thats chance he took when he left the tk without stealth. Just like a person leaving a tk unbuffed in epic armor, with no cleric and not knowing what a sorc is ;).

Tbh, I usually let them go, solo'ers but no always ofc. BD's Die on sight for example!. Other grp members get frag happy, quick to respond, bored etc :D.

Dont worry anyway, Toa inc. HW back to the boringing little zone it is that nobody use's for rvr except for roleplayers :m00:
I never said 1fg is a zerg but to be honest, to 1 person 3 people is a zerg, but that is besides the point, I was merely pointing out to the original poster that its not just those guilds in HW, which is actually in your defense.
 

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,095
We've been running 2fg of gimps and freaks around HW every Monday night for ages, and still getting owned by the odd fotm Hib group that somehow got lost on the way to Emain. It's OURS! OURS I TELL YOU!!!! :twak: :)
 

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
206
sorcerer_spliff said:
You guys are nice and all but... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD can you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease take your fotm groups back to emain/odin? The last refuge for gimped small groups and soloers are about to dissapear because of you.

Thank you.

:worthy:

last nite there was like 2 fg hibs and 1-2 fg mids, you wanna solo em all?
go play a single player game if you wanna own a zone imho
 

Darksbane

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
48
Get zerged in Emain, Get zerged in Odins, we Move HW and over last 2 week had some very good fights and some very nice capture/defence moments at Beno.
And a further note, 2fg hibs camping MMG for more than 30 minutes last night :flame:
Deserve to die imo
 

Marc

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
11,046
I have been running with the SS groups up in hadrians wall the past few nights and ive had some the best RvR up there. There are hardly ever any soloers in HW now. no more so than u get in odins or emain and we arent "zerging". Had some really nice 1fg vs 1fg fights every night, and dont forget, mids have been taking keeps every night so both myself and a few friends from SS, along with TP have tried to be more proactive when it comes to realm defense.
 

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
7,805
Gordonax said:
We've been running 2fg of gimps and freaks around HW every Monday night for ages, and still getting owned by the odd fotm Hib group that somehow got lost on the way to Emain. It's OURS! OURS I TELL YOU!!!! :twak: :)
Roleplayer :X

Was some nice fighting when we took keeps in hw, especially eras was great fun... defend your frontier, but lol, don't roam in 4 fg pls :/
 

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
939
Hope u aint reffering to us as fotm-destroyers :p we like to farm 2-3 fgs of albs :flame:
 

Chilly

Balls of steel
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
9,046
Just fyi, MOST keeptakes by mid/hib happen after HW gets zerged and (as always) albs get beaten/cry like whores and go back to emain leaving 2-3fg of bored hibs or mids who then (probably already owning beno) piss off into pennies/snow and take the closest keeps, i see it ALL the time after the albs leave. Would be better to never bring the albs FGs then the hibs wouldnt eithere, apart from VGN, cos theyr all fuckers
 

Tua

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
75
Chilly said:
Just fyi, MOST keeptakes by mid/hib happen after HW gets zerged and (as always) albs get beaten/cry like whores and go back to emain leaving 2-3fg of bored hibs or mids who then (probably already owning beno) piss off into pennies/snow and take the closest keeps, i see it ALL the time after the albs leave. Would be better to never bring the albs FGs then the hibs wouldnt eithere, apart from VGN, cos theyr all fuckers
Is that a compliment? :>
 

Iridius

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
20
bah

This is exactly how Odin's went....

A la American Pie (mostly) / The Saga Begins

A long long time ago in, the Mid frontier so far away
Odin's was a great zone to play

So I found me and my mates
could run around in small groups, it was great

But then the Full groups started to appear....


Then what followed did not thrill us
The zerg came and tried to kill us

We escaped from that zone
and went to defend our own home


Now Odin's the zone I admired most
if full of Berhons, you go... your toast!
now in HW the zerg comes
and is starting to boast!

....I guess I go play Atlantis

Something touched me deep inside...
the day small scale RvR died

And they went singing:
My... my... these here FOTM guys
with no skills, we get kills when the soloers fry
we ported from home because we don't want to die
singing soon I will be uber and fly


Oh well had many great days /evenings until now was good while it lasted

oh and btw whoever it was who was trying to run the Beno retake last night - was a shambles I have never been on a more poorly organised keep-take ever

- clear our the zone before committing to keep
- lock down the mile gats to stop reinforcements
- 3-4 trebs up before rams and blast the crap out of the trebs / users inside and hit them so hard they wont know whether to scratch their watch or wined their ass
- get wall climbers to get groundtargets on the siege equipment / users and get mashing
- then think about rams on the door (3) - not one and get the guy to set up with NO HEALER in his groups so that he is insta-toased by groundtarget damage
- have lots of people healing these people they must not die and make sure ram repairs are kept up
- have casters and climbers aggravating people on the front wall to keep them back
- multiple trebs on the people inside, 1-2 climbers to identify new groundtarget locs when needed
- when outer door is down 2 more trebs inside to stop the pbAoEers from blasting the inside of the inner door + gtAoE wizards if you have any
- 3 rams and well healer users again on inner again makeing sure rams are not destroyed
- once inner door down trebs and gtAoE casters switch to groundtargets in the tower to interrupt healing / resing / gtAoE / PBAOE
- dont rush up and die - smoke em out for a while - drain the healers / shammies power pools try to kill a few of the casters
- once they are oop and the DMs start to role attack carefully and keep the treb and gt pressure on at all times

^^ a some what formulaic strategy and to be sure it won't pan out quite like that but I am sure if poeple only used their heads any problems can be solved and in the end it's not that hard
 

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
8,324
Here's what happened on monday btw :)

HG arrive in HW, there's about a fg of soloers around, TP were either already there or arrived soon after with 2-3fg, SS had a fg...

the albs mill around (in their little groups - not all as one big zerg btw :p) killing the odd mid or hib fg at the milegates, then all the albs get bored, we were about to go suicide but noticed everyone else suiciding and decided "might as well stay now"

then 5fg hibs trample us through the milegate and sack 3 keeps...

We need an HW booking sheet :p
 

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
2,185
Darksbane said:
Get zerged in Emain, Get zerged in Odins, we Move HW and over last 2 week had some very good fights and some very nice capture/defence moments at Beno.
And a further note, 2fg hibs camping MMG for more than 30 minutes last night :flame:
Deserve to die imo
About those hibs at mmg.

I was shooting at them from a far distance while my friend stood closer watching those guys run around wondering what the f*ck was hitting them. :kissit:

Had a really good laugh about it. ;)
 

sorcerer_spliff

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 6, 2004
Messages
16
Zil said:
last nite there was like 2 fg hibs and 1-2 fg mids, you wanna solo em all? go play a single player game if you wanna own a zone imho
Marchegiani said:
I have been running with the SS groups up in hadrians wall the past few nights and ive had some the best RvR up there. There are hardly ever any soloers in HW now.
Chilly said:
Would be better to never bring the albs FGs then the hibs wouldnt eithere
This is what i mean, before albs started camping HW with a couple of balanced groups 6 hours every day, there wasnt any 2 fg or 1-2 fg mid there. Sure once every two hours you got steamrolled by a fg coming throu a mg but when you had made your way back from the pad they had usually become bored (having killed all the soloers and small groups) and either suicided, headed to sauvage or tried to take a keep.

RvR guilds already have emain and odin for fg v fg action and odd ones like myself have been having fun in HW up til now. And you are right Zil, of course I can't own a zone or book it, I was mearly pointing out that what you guys are doing is causing a lot of grief for me (and prolly a lot of other HW regulars) and it makes me sad thinking of that the days of soloing may finally have come to an end.
 

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
939
We go Hw when we cant make the group with the classes needed to compete at highest lvl.
 

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
206
well spliff the main reason out fg went hw last nite was cuz no matter where we went in emain we had 3 fg behind us + the 100ish other albs running around there, and in odins 1-2fg mids wtfpwned us over and over and after shrooom school hibs left.
 

Marc

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
11,046
Divinia said:
We go Hw when we cant make the group with the classes needed to compete at highest lvl.
Exactly, SS never goes HW with the optimum set up. We go there when we lack the required classes for emain/odins
 

Remem

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
419
Darksbane said:
Get zerged in Emain, Get zerged in Odins, we Move HW and over last 2 week had some very good fights and some very nice capture/defence moments at Beno.
And a further note, 2fg hibs camping MMG for more than 30 minutes last night :flame:
Deserve to die imo
keep ur useless guild in emain pls.
 

Generation

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
136
Marc said:
Exactly, SS never goes HW with the optimum set up. We go there when we lack the required classes for emain/odins

Unfortunately for alot of us HW soloers your non-optimum group (which is generally still a fairly decent setup with CC and heals) will still attract a few fg's of enemies into HW. Granted, ppl can rvr wherever and however they like but it's a bit of a shame cos HW is the last refuge for us classes who aren't wanted at all in any form of group.

Stood at atk emain for over an hour trying to get grouped with my reaver and didn't even get a crappy pickup group, then logged my cleric on to port back from emain to alb and was spammed with invites. It just shows the poor state of RvR atm and the complete lack of clerics in Alb (mainly due to them being boring as hell to play).

When HG head to HW in a fg we generally get a decent fight, but our non-optimum setup usually has no CC, plenty of gimped chars, and if we're very very very lucky we might even have a cleric (smite specced ofc :p). Often we meet hib/mid groups of a similar standard and can have fun, but lately the groups roaming HW have been pretty close to fotm setup and us lowly gimps can barely RvR at all. All you're doin is encouraging even more ppl to go join the emain zerg cos they can't survive for more than 5mins otherwise. :(
 

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
420
Generation said:
Stood at atk emain for over an hour trying to get grouped with my reaver and didn't even get a crappy pickup group
Reaver is a great assist tank, whether slam or SR spec, and brings some great tools to the fight. The problem is that the typical emain pickup gang haven't a clue. Reavers can also make great MA's if the player is comfortable with it. Needs good backup from your demezzers though.

Hard to suggest how to overcome the 'non det' stigma other than you are in a good, no bullshit guild who I know aren't anally retentive over classes/specs.

I have often run with a 3 reaver group and the damage output is awesome, and the fun immense. I also have to solo alot when the guys aren't around, but soloing with a reaver is some of the best fun I have had in this game. Sure, primetime you get trodden into the dirt alot but Reavers are one of the few non-stealth classes that can do it.

Don't wait at atk emain for an hour. waste of precious time. Who cares if a fg gangbangs you? Just /release and go back. Amazing how much fun wrack can uncover ;)
 

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
206
dont get how you can say hw is a solo place, we went last nite after odins run and got killed by 4fg hibs.. all solo at the same time and same place? think not
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom