Toughness vs Aug Con

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
This would be for a paladin as I'm sure con affects HP different for each class archetype.

Is it worth going to Toughness 5 over Aug Con 5? Or is there a middle ground where it's worth getting ACon3 and toughness 3 instead of 5 in one?

Or....?

I'm kind of at a loss as to what RAs to get on a pally so just looking for anything :)

Taaa! :)

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
soooOOooo why have Aug Con at all? Or (can't be bothered to check atm) don't all classes get toughness?

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
:O are uan alb now phil ???

Or is it for a classic server char.

Hehe

Aye, toughness does give overal more hp than aug con, in fact i barely notice aug con 1 or 2 increase when i used it, most people do say to go a mix of both to save rp tho.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
knighthood said:

Hehe

Aye, toughness does give overal more hp than aug con, in fact i barely notice aug con 1 or 2 increase when i used it, most people do say to go a mix of both to save rp tho.
mixes give less hp then toughness5
hmm maybe aug con3 + toughness4 gives around the same amount hp(only for tanks i think tho)
aug con3 + tough4 gives around 50less hp then tough5 and saves u 4 rspts(for tanks), for casters it gives u around 80less hp then tough5

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
This would be for a paladin as I'm sure con affects HP different for each class archetype.

Is it worth going to Toughness 5 over Aug Con 5? Or is there a middle ground where it's worth getting ACon3 and toughness 3 instead of 5 in one?

Or....?

I'm kind of at a loss as to what RAs to get on a pally so just looking for anything :)

Take an item off with con on it see how it effects your hits pretty simple i would think...

On certain classes like warrior it is better to take a few levels of aug con than toughness. The best calculation you can make is to work out how many hitpoints per rsp you will get.

As an aside you have plenty of RA's to get on a palading first anyway.. i.e. det 5 , mob4/dex4 (if shield on classic) , str 4 and mop4 (if two hand), lw1, purge , IP if solo , blah blah blah etc... Are you high enough RR to even start thinking about this?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
there is a post somewhere that shows a comparison between toughness5 and aug con 5.

they show good combinations of the 2 but toughness5 is quite alot more hp than aug con5

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Bahumat said:
there is a post somewhere that shows a comparison between toughness5 and aug con 5.

they show good combinations of the 2 but toughness5 is quite alot more hp than aug con5

If it isn't quite exact, it should be VERY close to how much your inf would gain with each purchase combination. The two skipped combinations (Tough 3, Con 3 and Tough 4, Con 4) were left out intentionally, as they'll always be inferior to the listed path by either cost, output or both.

1pt Tough 1 25 hps
2pt Tough 1, Con 1 39 hps
4pt Tough 2 75 hps
5pt Tough 2, Con 1 89 hps
8pt Tough 2, Con 2 104 hps
10pt Tough 3 150 hps
11pt Tough 3, Con 1 164 hps
14pt Tough 3, Con 2 193 hps
20pt Tough 4 250 hps
21pt Tough 4, Con 1 264 hps
24pt Tough 4, Con 2 293 hps
30pt Tough 4, Con 3 329 hps
34pt Tough 5 400 hps
35pt Tough 5, Con 1 414 hps
38pt Tough 5, Con 2 443 hps
44pt Tough 5, Con 3 479 hps
54pt Tough 5, Con 4 523 hps
68pt Tough 5, Con 5 574 hps

Given that, I'd have to say that it appear Tough3 is the most efficient investment if you want to conserve RPs, and Tough4+Con2 is probably the highest point to stop at if you want the highest HP return possible without getting into absurd RP costs.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
The effect of augcon depends on your class, heavy tanks will benefit the most, also it will be better since the introduction of CLs, I think that's an old table. But certainly point for point toughness is a lot better for any class.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
knighthood said:

Yeh decided I needed a new challenge as I ran out of spots to make new chars on all my accounts. :)

Cheers for the help mates.:)

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:

Or....?

200 hits here and there will never make a big diff. Spec in something more usefull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom