touch screen monitors

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I want to buy a touch screen monitor for my desktop - Chrismas present to myself.

Anyone got one or know of a good brand they can recommend?

tia

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol where the hell do you think you are??? do we look like the vanderbilts to you? jeeeese lol most of this lot can only access the interwebs by nicking it off their neighbours while they are out making sure no one has pinched the bricks from under their cars!

Bloody touch screen! The only time this lot use touch screen is when they spit beer at it and use an old sock to wipe it off.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol lamp you just want to stand in front of your screen doing that swooshy thing tom cruise does in minority report dontcha!!

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
My job is repairing and replacing EPOS equipment so I get to deal with touchscreens on a daily basis.

The two kinds that I particularly like are PREH Commander MC15 (15") and Nixdorf Beetle M D1 TFT.
The PreH one has a standard DSUB connection for the VGA and connects by USB for the touchscreen facility.
The Nixdorf one is a better screen IMO, but it uses a proprietary connector. You need a Nixdorf TFT controller card to go with this one.

Thing is that the price is £LOL unless you get one second-hand from eBay or somewhere.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
in my past job i was speccing up custom kiosks, bear in mind this was 4 years ago now, but ELO Touchscreens were the best we could get back then.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
wouldnt bother with them, in my personal experience of having 1 they're utter cack and a waste of money, why press a screen when you can do it equally as fast with a mouse.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
aye, I shan't say I told you so but...

*passes chodax a sock* fgs you really ought to do somthing about those untimely beer ejaculations old chap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom