Totally pwned

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Been a BG1 whore for months, took my 50 Chanter out from DL for a wander, this guy is just a char to give lvl20 command, no armour, realm abilities...nuthin.

Got jumped by some sorta player, who stunned, wacked, mezzed me then picked me up in a seating position and flew me down the hill (TOA ability I presume).
I was dead in a second, not a single thing to be done...obvious really my char is very low in abilities.

My point is the growing gap between part time and hardcore players was always bad, but now it's silly.

STOP GIVING EXTRA ABILITIES!!!
Where's it gonna end?

We'll be throwing atom bombs at each other eventually.

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
Job said:
Been a BG1 whore for months, took my 50 Chanter out from DL for a wander, this guy is just a char to give lvl20 command, no armour, realm abilities...nuthin.

Got jumped by some sorta player, who stunned, wacked, mezzed me then picked me up in a seating position and flew me down the hill (TOA ability I presume).
I was dead in a second, not a single thing to be done...obvious really my char is very low in abilities.

My point is the growing gap between part time and hardcore players was always bad, but now it's silly.

Where's it gonna end?

Ahahhahhaha, you really think u can just walk out with no equipment with a char not meant for soloing and no realmabilities or ML:s and just kill ppl? Even a part time player must realise you cant send out ppl with no armour or weapons to kill ppl, you need to fix stuff first.

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
So your unequipped RR1 chanter probably with no quickbars got killed by an ML8 mincer....

Sure, an unequipped RR1ML0 chanter should be able to "pwn" everything, and should never be killed.

1. At least get some armour (heh, would you run out in BG1 with no armour then whine if you got "pwned?" :|)
2. Get buffs before you move out into RvR (99% of others do, so if you dont, you are at a disadvantage)
3. Learn how to play your character to at least a minimum degree

Minstrels are pretty lethal caster killers and always have been, they have lots to interupt casters and the ability to get away if they are in trouble, wouldnt worry too much about it, you'd have got owned by it pre ToA, and pre SC/RAs.

Job

Well yes, getting owned by with such a char is obvious, a RR1 Mincer would do it.

My point is that giving more and more abilities is not the way to go in the game.

The chase is endless and pointless, the game is about balance and combat.

Would you play football, if the other team could could earn points from playing more than you to get a smaller goal?

Job

Ahhhh BG1.

Home of the lazy.

How about /24 command Mythic?

Jus gonna buy an uber char off E-Bay methinks.

And still get pwned ,cos I've no idea how to play it.

- English -

Resident Freddy
learn.

bg teaches you nothing, just about 1billion albs camping MB 24/7

Zorewin

Fledgling Freddie
That was probably me sorry :) but he i needed some more rps.. and its not that i did get the ability of zephyr for free infact it costed me 3 months of toaing to get my gear etc rdy and then its the ONLY usefull ability in my ML sojourner line..

Bleeker

Can't get enough of FH
heh Feathers did that on me yesterday at hmg/HW i almost fell off my chair laughing :clap:

Job

LOL ,it was funny cos I've never seen the spell before.

I'm like 'holy shit, take me back to bg mummy'

OK big boy gonna leave my full ench specced pet outside DL, get some drood to buff it's little ass.

Yeah , I know..insta stun....runs off.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Job said:

Where's it gonna end?

QQ imo

chanters are bastards to kill 1v1 ml's or not .. all they can do is set pet on you and kite > nuke..... or qc stun and debuff wtfpbaepwn. quit whining :) everybody has access to ml's , sure some lines are better than others . but u got the tools as a chanter to combat some of them.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Jpeg[LOD] said:
chanters are bastards to kill 1v1 ml's or not .. all they can do is set pet on you and kite > nuke..... or qc stun and debuff wtfpbaepwn.
Enchanters can debuff their own nukes (heat), but not their own PBAE (energy). :)

Sigurd

Banned
Hmm first time that happened to me, was in a huge battle between hibs and albs... I ran onto the flank as usual to pick off casters and the minstrel caught me, funny thing was I either seemed able to still attack or just one hit him when I was "free" because said minstrel died by my hands by the time I'd stopped sliding around like a seal on drugs.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
QQ imo

chanters are bastards to kill 1v1 ml's or not .. all they can do is set pet on you and kite > nuke..... or qc stun and debuff wtfpbaepwn. quit whining :) everybody has access to ml's , sure some lines are better than others . but u got the tools as a chanter to combat some of them.
Mincer > chanter anyday tbh

A friend of mine got a 50 animist down to 10% hp before getting staffed to death with a 31 mincer. :O
Did anyone know you can actually stun the animist nukes?

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
quick question havin not played since toa came out can bards get this "bitch slap" ability?

[BF]MaD

Fledgling Freddie
its the same in any other game/sport

examples :
unreal tournament -> a guy who plays 24/7 will beat u silly 1on1, are u gonna whine to the makers of the game that u should be able to kill him ?
warcraft 3 -> a guy that plays 24/7 will beat u silly in under 15 minutes or less , u gonna whine to blizzard ?
soccer -> a guy that plays more than u , is gonna kick ur ass any day of the week

practice makes perfect my friend. if u dont wanna get beaten silly , do what u always did , and dont leave ur realm with ur chanter. or go finish toa & whatever else u want on ur char.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Its ofc no wonder he lost here, but the analogy with the smaller football goal is a good one actually - in sports and non-persistant games (i.e. not mmorpgs) you get better by practicing but you do not gain actual physical benefits such as a smaller goal or shoes that make you run faster and aim better etc (stuff that is unrelated to your body).

Mmorpg skill = understanding of the game + reaction speed + gear and abilities.

Lately the last part has increased alot in importance.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
[BF]MaD said:
its the same in any other game/sport

examples :
unreal tournament -> a guy who plays 24/7 will beat u silly 1on1, are u gonna whine to the makers of the game that u should be able to kill him ?
warcraft 3 -> a guy that plays 24/7 will beat u silly in under 15 minutes or less , u gonna whine to blizzard ?
soccer -> a guy that plays more than u , is gonna kick ur ass any day of the week

practice makes perfect my friend. if u dont wanna get beaten silly , do what u always did , and dont leave ur realm with ur chanter. or go finish toa & whatever else u want on ur char.
Not that I agree with the thread maker, but what he was saying was that its not down to skill the same wasy it is in UT, War3 and soccer, its down to items and abileties AND skill. Skill will always mean less in a game like DAoC.

The reason Mythic are adding more and more abileties is to keep people interested.

Sigurd

Banned
Korax said:
Not that I agree with the thread maker, but what he was saying was that its not down to skill the same wasy it is in UT, War3 and soccer, its down to items and abileties AND skill. Skill will always mean less in a game like DAoC.

The reason Mythic are adding more and more abileties is to keep people interested.

*Cough* I think you mean football

Job

Of course Mythic are giving rewards to hardcore players, they have to give them something and I for one can't think of anything else than better spells/abilities.

The game has changed so much, and newbies are surely put off by the amount of time that has to be put in to compete.

They are slowly making a game of haves and have nots.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
SoulFly said:
Quality QQ

pwn.jpg

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
aye, it was the zephyr who got you, he would had been easy rps otherwise :<

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Job said:
Of course Mythic are giving rewards to hardcore players, they have to give them something and I for one can't think of anything else than better spells/abilities.

The game has changed so much, and newbies are surely put off by the amount of time that has to be put in to compete.

They are slowly making a game of haves and have nots.
Not just newbies. I have several level 50s on my (inactive) account, some with reasonable RR, and I am really put off ever returning by just the thought of having to farm MLs, TOA items and get my SC redone etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom