Total Annihilation

W

Wij

OK, just got this on budget cos I heard it was a classic. What can I expect ? :)

S

Sir Frizz

expect from the genre defining game alot of robots, (unless its TA kingdoms) titanic struggles between air and sea units, and alot of explosions involving nukes. only problem is nowhere i've looked supports it online any more:( also the misions are rock 'ard

have fun:)

W

Wij

Think I'll finish Starcraft: Brood War first.

Just finished the original. Took me a week. I'm guessing Brood War should be harder tho...

S

Sir Frizz

Brood war is harder, some of the terran missions nearly killed meh :(

W

Wij

Just on third Protoss atm. I like the fact that I don't have to start with no tech tree all over again.

S

Sir Frizz

COME ON WIJ!!! thats not good enough now is it?:eek:

at least 20 hours a day!:)

O

Ono

Wij matey.

TA is a stunning RTS. It is the ONLY other game I have played lots online outside FPSs.

I would dig it up and play again but I think that since the Cavedog went down the support of Boneyards (their multiplayer service for TA) has gone too.:(

S

Sir Frizz

hooooow daaaaaare yoooooooooou wij, tutututututut, TA in its day absoulutely owned online or offline, no matter what the service LOOOOOOOKS like:eek:

S

Sir Frizz

in TA? firstly select...wait a minute-ITS IN THE MAUNUAL!!!;)

W

Wij

You don't get a manual in the budget version. Just a shitty pdf file :(

S

Sir Frizz

oh, ok...then select the units you want with a drag-and-click, then press ctrl and from 1-9 you can put units in group, simply recall them again by pressing the number you assigned the group to

:clap:

W

Wij

Originally posted by the-frizz
oh, ok...then select the units you want with a drag-and-click, then press ctrl and from 1-9 you can put units in group, simply recall them again by pressing the number you assigned the group to

:clap:

I thought that's what it would be seeing as that's how it's done in every other RTS but it didn't seem to work. I must have boobed then :)

I'll try it soon...

O

old.UKTwister

Me and my cousin have a weekly TA match.

if we all leave our icq's etc.. we can join via ip.

W

Wij

Incidental note:-

Bah, just been double-crossed by that bitch Kerrigan :(

W

Wij

Kinda. Them Dark Archons r00lz0r tho :D

Sending the enemy Carriers packing back home is fun :)

S

Sir Frizz

you should get some of the addon units for TA, the raptor kicks ass!!! krogoth also is a sight to behold, it cleans house, takes bloody ages to build tho:(

i also like the inroductory movie for the add-on pack for starcraft:clap:

i like rts games:)

S

Sir Frizz

do you build up alliances? only way ican win, and then you turn on them with a massive force muhuwahahaha

W

Wij

The time we played AoK Regicide (kill the King) and took off our shirts and hung towels across our backs like a King's cape was the strangest game I played :/

Alcohol eh ! :/

O

old.coolme

well, well, well.......... bugger me, some late emerging fans of the THE only RTS game on the planet.

Hi btw :)

I have a CD full of maps, units, experiments, patches and all sorts of TA goodies that were downloaded 3-4 years ago, in the prime of its era.. I have been thinking about uploading them to and FTP box somewhere for old times sake.

Grouping does not work till the game has been patched up to the (here we go again) the latest version,,,,

Cheers for the trip it is the best RTS, and I for one would love an FPS based on TA lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom