Rant Tory Frontbencher Arrested Over "Terrorism"

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It'd be funny if it wasn't true

David Davis told the BBC the case was reminiscent of Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe

...fair enough comparison IMHO.

Who was it that said the anti-terror legislation wasn't going to be bent and twisted so it can be used against normal citizens then? :eek:

At least it's amusingly being used against politicians. Maybe they'll learn a lesson and try to protect our freedoms a little better. But probably not...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, anti-terror law, the scourge of the 21st century.

*waves goodbye*

I'll be getting jailed by the police in about an hour for saying that.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I will wait until the real facts are reported instead of omg they arrested him for nothing stories. Someone from the home office has been caught giving out information that should not have been. Now he is caught he has named this Mp. something funny is clearly going on.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Strikes me that Jacqui was getting fed up with embarrassing leaks and actually wanted to find out who did it. Makes a change from government leak enquiry's where they don't want to find out who did it!

Rather reminds me of Yes Minister (but then again most things in government remind me of it too):

'The job of a professionally conducted internal enquiry is to unearth a great mass of no evidence.' (The Complete Yes Minister, pp. 178-9)

Jim Hacker: "I want this traced at once. It must have been someone at yesterday's meeting."
Sir Humphrey: "Well, I'll set up a leak inquiry straight away."
Jim Hacker: "I don't want a leak inquiry. I want to find out who did it."

Sir Humphrey: "The ship of state, Bernard, is the only ship that leaks from the top."

Another leak? This isn't a department, it's a colander.
- Jim, The Compassionate Society

The first law of political indiscretion, always have a drink before you leak.
- Jim, The Death List

Also this article from 1995 is rather appropriate:
Whitehall Leaks turn into a tidal wave

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I will wait until the real facts are reported instead of omg they arrested him for nothing stories. Someone from the home office has been caught giving out information that should not have been. Now he is caught he has named this Mp. something funny is clearly going on.

You'll never know the real facts. And if you read the article, he was caught receiving the information, not leaking it. And if its the information that the Reg article alleges, then I'd say that was manifestly in the public interest anyway.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And the point is - he's been arrested under anti-terrorism laws...

...can people not see that this is absolutely, positively, fucked up beyond all recognition????

All the "nut jobs" and "conspiracy theorists" are right yet again. We're the ones that get fucked over by this sort of legislation. ID cards are next people - and it's nothing to do with "safeguarding" the public. It's to do with controlling us.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
And the point is - he's been arrested under anti-terrorism laws...

...can people not see that this is absolutely, positively, fucked up beyond all recognition????

All the "nut jobs" and "conspiracy theorists" are right yet again. We're the ones that get fucked over by this sort of legislation. ID cards are next people - and it's nothing to do with "safeguarding" the public. It's to do with controlling us.

Spot on. We as a people had forgotten years ago when we voted in this shower of shite that personal control of your life "for you own good" is the labour party's, and indeed any left-wing partys, major aim.

No-one saying the Tories are perfect, christ if anyone thinks they want a job telling people what to do they should seriously be looking at thier motives, but at least the tories idea is mostly to leave things alone.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
orange-Oswald_Mosley+troops2.png

its in the best interests of the country, folks !

Chilly

Balls of steel
ffs you bunch of uninformed peons. He wasnt arrested under the terrorism laws. He was arrested by the closest bunch of police to do a search at the time.

He called on Gordon Brown to "rule out any further use of anti-terrorism powers in cases that have nothing to do with terrorism," although the Metropolitan Police stressed the arrest was made under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act and not anti-terror legislation.
From: BBC NEWS | Politics | Cross-party fury over MP's arrest

Embattle

FH is my second home
Hyped story for political capital, seems to be working rather well too.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Back from teh pubeh :)

Chilly; & Embattle;3463554 said:
ffs you bunch of uninformed peons. & Hyped story for political capital, seems to be working rather well too.

May I be the first to say CTFOADOA!!!1111!1 you intellectual retards! :clap:

I say THIS to ye!!

When you read Harriot Harman (Labour) saying:

the speaker may want to review the processes by which authorisation is given to search the Palace of Westminster

You should read:

You're a bunch of thick fucktards, so when I raise the question of legistlation against Westminster you say "it's good and nice" and not "you NAZI bitch", which you really (and quite obviously) are......youthickfuckos...

But hey! If you don't like it, I've got proof that cost me my BEARD here: :eek:

Attachments

• hail!.JPG
    hail!.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 28

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hey, if my girlfriend can understand it (and laugh) then you should be able to figure it out...

...but then you vote labour, so probably not :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom