Torrent Question

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Nothing naughty going to be said, worry not mods :p

I've been using uTorrent for a while now (v1.6 i think it is) and it was working fine for a long time, although the last week or so it's been a nightmare getting some things to download. One or two out of about 6 things has downloaded successfully, the rest have just snailed along at <5kb/s.

However when i open them in BitLord, the speed is much better at 30-50kb/s.

Anyone know why this is happening?, it doesn't seem to be the torrent themselves, moreso the clients.

:cheers:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Have you changed the ports etc? Normally ISP's check what default ports these programs use, then block them.

Think it's either cHodAX or PorKnuTz who are the legends with torrents.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Sounds like you need to do some port forwarding or something. No idea how you do it though. I'm sure someone here knows how though.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Most ISPs use traffic shaping now too so it may not be very fast in the evenings, mine works like a charm after midnight, can get a couple of gigs done.

(i live in ye'oldy worldy countryside and have awful bandwidth)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Just randomize the port in the options. fixes most things. Some problems right now with certain trackers being blocked or attacked. Even some of the sites have been under attack. Take a look at eztv which right now goes straight to google. Also some of their fixed bandwidth was getting chocked up.
Also, be warned - some blogs in US mentioning people getting the first warning emails from Copyright companies. Seems they have people downloading and noting down the IP details of everyone else they can see - track them down throught the ISP's and band - warning sent.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What are torrets? This sounds a bit like something piracy related. Isn't that like stealing a car? Or a purse? Or killing someone? Or freezing your granny and humping her with a glove on your pumpernickel?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Well i heard downloading music funds International terrorism and drug dealers

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I use u-torrent. I download my stuff at like 5am in the morning. I get speeds of 250kb/s. If I download during peek hours, I average about 40kb/s. And I've got the worst broadband package in the world.

When Moses parted the red sea, he was getting faster download speeds than me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom