Top gun's? Who the hell are these guys?

F

Faeldawn

http://myplanetside.station.sony.com/leaderboard.jsp?action=change_world&worldId=21

This is gonna sound really strange, but am i the only person who has never heard of most of the top fraggers on Werner?

Apart from Mikk (TR sniper) and SneakyNL (TR cloaker) and Dakoth (VS Laggy git :)) i have never heard of any of the other TR or VS top guns, and only half of the NC are familiar names.

I know there are a lot of continents large game area etc, but 17 out of the 20 enemy players i personally have never heard of.

It strikes me as odd as i can name prolly 20 or so other players that i see constant death spam from day after day (often my own).

I wonder if there is some secret 1337 continent that all these guys live on, kinda like the PS equivalent of Jurassic Park :)

P

[PS]Venom

Well, Nez is an officer in Sov Guard, and so's DrClink and I believe they're both on the leaderboard, nez 1st for kills etc.

I keep running into revenge and occasionally Aki, but that's about it.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Dakoth is my outfit leader; nice guy maintaining the Sweedish ownership of online games.

M

mid_Efour

the top NC killer firebird (not 1337) is a very good tank gunner, think hes got himself a dedicated driver aswell good guys/good team.

F

Faeldawn

Yeah i grouped with Fir3bird when he was Br 4 :), this guy(?)deserves to be top-gun coz he's just bloody good :)

Also met some guy (think his name was Nezz or summit) who musta read this coz when he killed me he said "now you can say you met me :)" or something along those lines :)

B

bone_idle

Doesnt mean anything to be ' the top gunner '. Oh wow youve killed lots of people :rolleyes: . Its a team game but the unsung heros go by without a sniff. How many peoples vehicles/armour have i repaired, dropped a healthpack for someone, stopped a hack or something. :eek:

C

.Cask

They all pale in comparison to a good cornish pasty.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

What Bone_Idle said...

it's the guys repairing AMS', MAX armor and run around yelling "FFS stop releasing, I aer a doctar!!1" being the true 'heroes'.

Being on 24/7 = lotsa kills = Top Guns? No, sir. I don't think so.
There are hardly any well known players for me in a positive sense. You have the global spammers like Chloe with his/her/its brainless grand strategic schemes or b00n the g00n spamming "we need ANT here or there" instead of putting his ass into one to do it himself.

I on the other hand... I am a god. :p

M

mid_Efour

if u are god, then u must be my dad, cos im Jesus.

dont take away their glory moment, its no worse than RR10 people on daoc, 24/7 for the win. No one, calls them potty mouth names :(

i resepct you for your healing/repairing/mining keep up the good job(s)

J

Jonaldo

I'm not particularly great at the game, but that makes me better than most :p

oh btw Efour.. v v v :D

G

Gekul

The gameplay in planetside doesn't promote "Skillz" in the same way as other FPS games.
Killing isn't hard. And if you play a lot, you get a lot of kills.

C

Cronn

I'm all of the NC top 10.

Apart from Aki, that n00b just camps spawn tubes. I never do that.

S

SoWat

I've run up against some good players... and I never get to know some of their names!

Like the sniper we just can't find... highly mobile, and keeping everyone's head down by hitting them once and scooting. They wouldn't get many kills doing that, but they do contribute more to their team's success than the rest of the herd.

Like the ANT drivers who trundle along in their vehicles, normally alone, bring nanite to a base.

Like the engineers/medics who heal/repair anyone who looks like they need it.

Hail the unknown heroes

:clap:

S

Sarum TheBlack

I do a lot of stuff I get no credit for.. spending ages at the bases just behind the frontline mining the entrances, driving across the map with an AMS to back up an assult.. and in a BR or two flying about in a Gal to ferry squads and ANTS to where they're needed. It doesn't really bother me that doing these things won't get me a high BR, or on the top fraggers lists, I'd much rather have the personal satisfaction of knowing I've contributed as best I could. I wouldn't call myself an unsung hero though.. there are many players much more dedicated to this sort of thing than I am. And much better at it too.

Of course, every team needs the fraggers too.. can't cap a base with everyone waiting at a warpgate with an ANT.

It's the way life works... those who quietly get on with doing what's needed don't make the headlines. David Beckham buying a skirt does instead.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Agnt, the #2 NC on Werner is in my outfit and a decent enough guy. He's also pretty skilled - he can take me down in a knife fight without me ever hitting him :/.

He does play a lot, mind :)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by bone_idle
Doesnt mean anything to be ' the top gunner '. Oh wow youve killed lots of people :rolleyes: . Its a team game but the unsung heros go by without a sniff. How many peoples vehicles/armour have i repaired, dropped a healthpack for someone, stopped a hack or something. :eek:

As an engineer myself i totally agree with all you say, i just found it to be strange that i hadnt heard of a lot of the top killers on the server.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

It's not really a surprise that all the "Top Guns" ie Billy-no-mates with lots of time (which surely is an issue here) on their hands have the most kills.

I usually remember the ones that give me a hard/good fight. One can't really concentrate on the killspam, can I?;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom