TV Top Gear Xmas Special (Middle East)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Anyone else think its a tad disappointing?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Haven't watched it yet as I am watching something 4od, will check it out in a bit.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Bit in the manger right @ the end was a laugh, but apart from that, I thought it fell short of the usual epic TG challenge standard

Quite enjoyed the new Little Britain spin off, Come Fly with Me.

iplayer both if u missed them

Turamber

Part of the furniture
It was immense! But then I have Palmyra, Damascus and Jerash on my 'must visit' list. I can't imagine there would be too many forumites who would have appreciated, or even comprehended, some of the usage of Bible passages and references to some of Jesus miracles.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You're not Dr Sheldon Cooper are you?

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
I thought it was epic and funny.

Get dropped inside Iraq and then told to drive to Isreal. In cars that are clearly not up to the task.

Some great scenary and gags in it.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The Stig gag was monumental on every level and it would appear May really did hurt himself with the tow strap and that was a schoolboy error for him.

It is just Last of the summer wine with cars, but pulls it off with class, the Top Gear crew simply play the buffoons we all wish we could be and all in the backdrop of some of the most amazing places on the planet, I would guess that is the most of Iraq that many brits have seen.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
The Stig gag was monumental on every level and it would appear May really did hurt himself with the tow strap and that was a schoolboy error for him.

It is just Last of the summer wine with cars, but pulls it off with class, the Top Gear crew simply play the buffoons we all wish we could be and all in the backdrop of some of the most amazing places on the planet, I would guess that is the most of Iraq that many brits have seen.

I haven't seen it yet but looking forward to it. I also like your analogy of Last of the Summer Wine, quite accurate I reckon.

Lost as to your Iraq/Brits comment. Why would British people want to see more of it?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
cause iraq can be a nice country with nice landscapes ..even tho theres been a war there .. dur !

Marc

FH is my second home
Top gear hasnt been any good since 2006 so im not surprised in the slightest this was a disapointment

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
cause iraq can be a nice country with nice landscapes ..even tho theres been a war there .. dur !

Most countries have nice landscapes - my inferrence was questioning why Brits in particular want to see it; for some Brits maybe the occupation/invasion (whatever term politicians use for it nowadays) of it means nothing and so it's no different from another nation in that context.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I have no desire to see Iraq. Its right up there with Mogadishu, Bogota, Caracas, & Grozny.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Enjoyed it immensely. The ban on the BBC in Iran, the border crossings, having to sneak into Israel, escaping from one warzone into another, the minefields, the ugly walls and security fences surrounding Jerusalem, the presenters abandoning their flak jackets after realising how nice the populace were.
Worked on a number of levels, not bad for a comedy car show.

Job

That show improved the great british publics impression of Iraq,simply because it wasn't the propoganda bullshit the news networks usually drip feed the clueless morons (The type who react to the facial expressions of the newsreaders on ITV news which is in the same league as Hello magazine).

Who can blame us when all we see is soldiers walking around no-go areas in carefully orchestrated 'situation in Iraq' specials.
It's the same as every time the news outlets venture 'Up North' and come to Liverpool they find a toothless dunce,with an accent scousers can't understand and stand him in front of some derelict road they searched for, to give the right impression and then we wonder why all southerners think Liverpool is one step from Beirut.
If you base your world around what TV gives you, you will get what you pay for.

Before and after we bombed Iraq in was a modern, civilised, secular country,
and was run by a nutter who just didn't bother to hide all the bad shit politicians do over here behind closed doors.

Job

Yup, do you think they were looking up the facts themselves?

'Oh look love it's Iraq, and no-ones got blood on them!'
(except May)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom