Tooth fairies and inflation.

M

maxgirth

My poor lad only received £4 for his tooth,his m8ts at school however are getting upto £20,should I move to another place, in order to keep up with the more index linked to inflation buyers of ivory?.

O

old.Spug

Shit... I remember receiving 5p, and being dead chuffed, and running off to by 1/2 p sweets...

A

Addlcove

20£???

when I was a kid the going rate was 10kr (app 1£) damn I wanna be a child today and get 20£ (200kr)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Well, £20 does sound very steep, but you do know that if you don't give your kid as much money as other parents give their kids it means you don't love them and you're a rotten father :p

G

Gallak

Um, ouch, £20? Don't kids have 28 teeth? Thats £560 by the time you've finished, aren't there better things to spend the money on, like days out and holidays?

C

calif101

*cough* i used to get sixpence,shows my age i guess

T

tris-

its only a tooth ffs, the kid should be paying YOU for making him exist in this world with all those teeth he loves so much.

M

maxgirth

I`m not to worried about this,as long as the price stays the same,
as he`s now borrowed £16 pound of me,which he has off set against the next 4 teeth to drop out;).

S

Sharma

i got....FIFTY PENCE, i used to buy a mars bar with it :)

K

Kaitlyn

I used to get some chocolate coins, I think she was investing in the future.
Of course, my teeth would be under my sisters pillow as I had a terrible fear of small pixie like creatures flying around me while I slept.

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by Kaitlyn
I used to get some chocolate coins, I think she was investing in the future.
Of course, my teeth would be under my sisters pillow as I had a terrible fear of small pixie like creatures flying around me while I slept.

and you didnt have a fear of waking up with melted chocolate all over your head? :p

There was a tooth-fairy strike in our area once, should've seen the chaos. We had a backlog of teeth hanging around for about a month, but once the unions had stopped throwing toys out of their prams, the compensation package (tube of toothpaste, a mars bar and a gift voucher for Marks & Spencers) and the apology letter was more than worth it... although i don't speak fae, so the letter might as well have been in sanscrit for all i know...

M

maxgirth

Now i`ve got older I leave fillings under my pillow,and the nice gypsy fairies buy them for scrap,plus they tarmaced my drive for me;).

G

granny

I used to get 10p. But my dad also used to write little notes that were supposed to be from the tooth fairy and they were written in runes like the ones in the illustrations on the covers of the Lord of the Rings books and they were really cool, made the tooth fairies seem like some kind of ancient, magical creatures rather than funny fluffy fairy things. My dad was cool :)

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by granny
My dad was cool :)

hopefully still is ;)

I´m getting a wisdoms tooth? (that the name? ) atm hurts whenever I chew in that part of the mouth.

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by Addlcove
I´m getting a wisdoms tooth? (that the name? ) atm hurts whenever I chew in that part of the mouth.

well, im no dentist, but i would suggest not chewing in that part of your mouth, perhaps? Or perhaps use someone else mouth to chew?

Mind those pikey-gipwack fairies, max - Woke up once, and i had rolled over onto ones arm, so he tried to sell me a Cartier watch when i saw him there, later it turned out to be a convicts electronic tracker - im now destined to spend the next 8 years in a fairy penitentiary for "grand theft tooth"...

bastard stiched me up good n proper...

M

maxgirth

Originally posted by The Real Redi
well, im no dentist, but i would suggest not chewing in that part of your mouth, perhaps? Or perhaps use someone else mouth to chew?

Mind those pikey-gipwack fairies, max - Woke up once, and i had rolled over onto ones arm, so he tried to sell me a Cartier watch when i saw him there, later it turned out to be a convicts electronic tracker - im now destined to spend the next 8 years in a fairy penitentiary for "grand theft tooth"...

bastard stiched me up good n proper...

LMFAO :clap:

O

Old_Bean

My parents dashed all my teeth out to avoid the cost.

Miserly bastards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom