Too many kids...

Santa's little helper

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys..

I play on StormScale, which has most Daoc-players.. My friends went there, so i did the same.

One thing that could ruin my joy of World of Warcraft is... you guessed it: KIDS.

I hate them, they make me wonna hurt someone.

You use 1 hour to setup a Van Cleef grp, and when we are 10 feet from our goal, some kids goes: "Sorry, mommy says dinner now. Bye." or this one, i love this one: "I have to go to class now, bye".

.. idiots.

Post your thoughts

Pinp

Banned
Made an alt on Stormscale / Alliance and the amount of kids/noobs is way higher than Daggerspine, spend ages making a group and people will do retarded things, happens everytime =|

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Santa's little helper said:
Hi guys..

I play on StormScale, which has most Daoc-players.. My friends went there, so i did the same.

One thing that could ruin my joy of World of Warcraft is... you guessed it: KIDS.

I hate them, they make me wonna hurt someone.

You use 1 hour to setup a Van Cleef grp, and when we are 10 feet from our goal, some kids goes: "Sorry, mommy says dinner now. Bye." or this one, i love this one: "I have to go to class now, bye".

.. idiots.

Post your thoughts

Firstly, it's not just kids who do this.

Believe it or not some people have a life that takes precedence over a game, this kind of thing happens in all online games all the time with pick-up groups, im afraid you just have to accept it.

Personally i always expect this to happen now (after 3+ yeard of DAoC it becomes second nature), so am never too fussed when it does happen, just go do something else, try again another time, nothing worth getting angry over :)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I found the maturity level on WoW to be alot lower than what I'm used to on Prydwen. Kinda what put me off the game.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
I could make some comment about it being the most daoc-player server, but that would be cheap. ;)

Not had too many problems myself, beggars are the main annoyance for me.

Vesuvius

Fledgling Freddie
Even adults need to eat.. to be fair, not everyone can eat at the computer. yes its annoying for someone to join an instance group when they know full well they'll be sitting down to a meal with there family in 30 mins. and as for classes? i'm 22 and i'm still at college, i call em classes when infact their often lectures.

point is your not dealing with kids. just people who take life as priority over game.

but your right, people shouldnt join a long lasting group when they know they cant stay in it for long.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
I agree...

Ohh, and stay off Daggerspine, kids, we r actually having fun here! :)

leemako

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Firstly, it's not just kids who do this.

Believe it or not some people have a life that takes precedence over a game
OMG, im so glad im the first to flame you! You Tallen, my boy are obviously of the younger persuasion yourself and have missed the point our friend here was making. Where a child would say his dinner is ready and log his sorry ass out a adult would in the event of hunger pains reach for the nearest bag of hula hoops or cold pizza from the night before. Were not saying its the young ones fault were just saying it annoys the shit out of us and we prefer to fight alongside people with a little more independance.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
leemako said:
Were not saying its the young ones fault were just saying it annoys the shit out of us and we prefer to fight alongside people with a little more independance.

I dont really agree that the thread starter meant that. He just meant that its irritating that people join an instance party when they full well know they cant finish it (or the party leader should have told them it would take 2+hours).
I have no problem with people finding their classes or eating together with the rest of their house more important than some game. However if you know you cant play for atleast 90 minutes without going afk for more than 10 minutes, you really shouldnt join an instance group imo.
But this has very little to do with kids though, as adults are prolly just as likely to do this aswell.

It doesnt really bother me though. It is irritating, but it is also a fact I learned to accept when playing mmorpgs. Besides that I play mostly with guildies at the moment so the amount of time someone just logs after having "just" joined hasnt happened to me yet in WoW.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
leemako said:
OMG, im so glad im the first to flame you! You Tallen, my boy are obviously of the younger persuasion yourself and have missed the point our friend here was making. Where a child would say his dinner is ready and log his sorry ass out a adult would in the event of hunger pains reach for the nearest bag of hula hoops or cold pizza from the night before. Were not saying its the young ones fault were just saying it annoys the shit out of us and we prefer to fight alongside people with a little more independance.

So! say, for example, your an adult, and your wife/girlfriends made you something to eat (or for the ladys, your husband/boyfriend).

"SHUT UP WOMAN! I MUST KILL THIS GHOST! ILL JUST EAT HULA HOOPS"

boy she's a lucky lady the one that catchs u ;)

also, i myself as one of these kiddys often eat at the comp, tho sometimes i think "you know what? id actually like 2 see my family :)"

just fucking grrrrrrrrrr rar <barks>

Santa's little helper

Fledgling Freddie
Just that kids have the tendency to go /quit all the sudden - more often than others i know. It's right, i like to play with people with a bit more "independence"..

If my girlfriend makes me food, and she KNOWS im sitting and playing games, she knows i'll be eating there.. and she will be eating with me at the computer. She knows me - why else would we be together?

If we had agreed to eat together, i would never join an instance but go and solo some monsters, so i any time could go /quit, without wasting anyones time.

Luckily i got my instances done tonight :).. So im happy again

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Haven't noticed that many kids on Stormscale/Horde .. at least not at high level :p .. but perhaps that will come. But if you check the Barrens General chat it seems like all kids are still stuck at Barrens spamming the channels with crap and caps :p Soon 2 months after the release it hasn't changed.

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
WoW is regarding kids no different then any other MMORPG. I have played most of them and they were all about equally bad/good.

As a rule of thumb :

- At low lvl there are plenty of kids/immature types.

- At high lvl and among the more "dedicated" players few kiddy/immature people remain.

Also watch out calling an immature player a "kid". In my case quite a few times people that acted like "kids" turned out to be +30 years old, while some 14-year olds I met fully acted like grown-ups.

Note : it *does* seem there are markedly more kids in Alliance then in horde though, just like in DAoC Albion attracted more "kids" then the other realms, especially Hibernia.

leemako

Fledgling Freddie
Dont get me wrong, its fun having kids around on the server, mean this one time a lad was spamming the channels in ogrimmar asking for a good name for his guild, so i told him " 'Herpes', its latin for death squad " and he was very happy with this. Im an evil bastard, but its guys like us that are the bread and butter of the Horde baby!

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
The most annoying is the situation where u set up a group of randoms to kill 'a boss', along the way to the boss one of the group says 'oh i need to kill this 'boss' could you help me do that first, then we'll do yours' so... We help him kill that boss and yep, you guessed it next thing that happens is.... Sorry gotta go now...
:wanker:

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
They should all just bunk school so they can reach the maximum level quicker. :rolleyes:

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Its because its easter holidays - they all come out to shine :(

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Gat_Decor said:
TWe help him kill that boss and yep, you guessed it next thing that happens is.... Sorry gotta go now...
:wanker:

This behaviour is far from being restricted just to children.

It is, however, universal to :wanker: in mmorpgs the world over.

Siphon

Fledgling Freddie
Regarding kids at Stormscale:

It's the "little brother-big brother syndrome".

We all know NP etc is there, big brother (represents skill and devotion), so little brother, the less skilled, want to follow them and play with their "big brother".

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
tbh this topic is ridiculous.
i know a hell of alot of 14yr olds etc i have about 5 or so in my guild who are perfectly fine. they are polite if they need help will ask for it and say we are doing a instance and 1 must leave for some reason they apologise and go.
things can get in the way of playing the game for any1.
no big deal its quite often on most instances if u lose a player u can find sum1 to fill the spot. either sum1 wandering around or a person u actually have met ingame who u can pm to help u out (if u dont know any1 like this then its probable ur not to social or a complete bastard and no1 likes u because u fuck people around or something altho maybe ur just new :p )
i have on many times been doing a instance and have had to leave either unexpectedly or for dinner or whatever.
its a problem every1 can have and all u can hope is that people apologise and leave in a polite manner.
now dont get me wrong there are many "kids" young and old who play the game.
judging by the amount of pathetic people at IF who do nothing but stand at the AH and beg for money its not hard to see why u could get this impression. but dont mistake this for too many kids. take it for to many idiots who dont have manners or are to lazy to do anything for themselves (the kind that played the 1button wonder Bonedancers in daoc :p )
anyway it seems i have gone abit of a rant. nvm :D
just remember... complaining about some1 having to leave is insane. its the manner in which they leave.
this happens in all games and isnt isolated. so just stick with it get new members or try again later.

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Lakashnik said:
tbh this topic is ridiculous.
i have on many times been doing a instance and have had to leave either unexpectedly or for dinner or whatever.

Remind me _not_ to invite you to a group for an instance then ;)

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Gat_Decor said:
Remind me _not_ to invite you to a group for an instance then ;)

lol. if but we played on the same server. then we could meet up and u could not invite me. now that would be fun :)

Ziva

Fluffy
Lakashnik said:
just remember... complaining about some1 having to leave is insane. its the manner in which they leave.

I disagree with that. Sure if people need to leave in case of an emergency everyone will understand. But you know upfront instances can take up to 2 or more hours. If you inform the people you raid with upfront about having to go afk for dinner or having only 2 hours in total then they can decide if they want to take you along or not.

But leaving in the middle of the instance for anything other then an emergency is just plain selfish and shows some really bad manners imo. I have to say that luckily i haven't bumped into this a lot but i can imagine it must be frustrating. It's about the same as people running off after you helped them do their stuff without helping you get yours done.

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Wow is a far more mainstream game then all the other mmorpgs out there, for a very large part of the player base its their first time they ever play a mmorpg. As time go and people get higher/play more they get a better understanding about the game, and will probaly learn not to join instances if you dont have enough time etc.

Its annoying yes, but i dont blame em, we all need to learn :)

And all people can be forced to leave a group sometimes irl is just abit more important then a game :)

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Ziva said:
I disagree with that. Sure if people need to leave in case of an emergency everyone will understand. But you know upfront instances can take up to 2 or more hours. If you inform the people you raid with upfront about having to go afk for dinner or having only 2 hours in total then they can decide if they want to take you along or not.

But leaving in the middle of the instance for anything other then an emergency is just plain selfish and shows some really bad manners imo. I have to say that luckily i haven't bumped into this a lot but i can imagine it must be frustrating. It's about the same as people running off after you helped them do their stuff without helping you get yours done.

only problem is unexpected things can happen during the instance.
SM for instance. when people talk about it they mean all 3bits which can be upto a hour + per section dependingon grp.
i have done this many times and some i have started and had to leave after doing maybe 1or2sections for whtever reason because its taken longer than expected.
i have done the whole of sm in 6hours before with a slow grp and about 2.5hours with a relativly fast 1. things arent always as simple as this. i really dont see people leaving as a problem as long as they apologize and are polite about it. sure its a inconvienience (sp?) but its nothing thats gonna kill ur gaming.

altho i agree on the point that the people who u help then bugger off are complete fuckers to put it nicely. thee best i have had so far is this guy who asked to join our VC grp and we said ok even tho he was lvl 17 which is abit low sometimes but he was paladin so figured he could at least heal... and he seemed ok cept for a few stupid comments untill the end. we did vc and we wer having trouble but we took him down and as we started fighting the adds he ran got the head rolled on the bind on pick up he didnt even need or use (done this once before but he insisted accident so we 4gave him) then insted of staying to try and help out he just disbanded and ran off.
we all died cept 1 of our grp after that.. the rogue who couldnt rez. and by the time we ran back thru VCs body had gone so we couldnt pick up the head an letter.
people like this go on a blacklist and i warn all guildies about them. funny thing is many weeks later i have seen lots of the same people in IF near the AH begging for money items and to be dragged along to gnomeregan even tho they are still about lvl 21.

Aldias

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with Ziva. And unfortunately as other said, wow is way far more popular than Daoc in other game styles like strategy games and action games. So the bigger amound of community that WoW collects is new at mmorpgs. So is "natural" in some terms their social behaviour to be poor. Simply because they didnt have this social experience in action or strategy games.

Personaly in the server i play (Shadow Moon) we have very good social behaviour from both alliance and hordes. Not much ganking and not much selfish players.

My advice to you that experience raid problems, just try not to pick randoms.
And for pve raids at least (even if is 1 fg) pick ur guildm8s that u trust their gameplay ;)

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Aldias said:
Simply because they didnt have this social experience in action or strategy games.

I don't think it comes down to that, its simply a case of more people = more idiots. These people have questionable social skills full stop, be they out on the town, playing snap or online.

WoW has a much broader crossection of people playing it, so the odds of encountering different kinds of idiots, of all ages, are higher.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
People on my server who speak swedish in general or other broad channels absolutely piss me off totally, even some guildies we have are swedish who are embarrassed by their stupidity and ignorance.It's supposed to be the so-called unofficial swedish server but still takes the piss when people do this, i have nothing against swedes i been playing with many nice ones for ages from daoc and now in wow.Guess these ones are the ones who skip school and type "k" as a reply to every sentence which must be the most annoying reply ever.

Certainly have found the WoW age group to be more immature than daoc but i have met many nice people though, i have only met a few silly people so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom