too all stealthers.

E

envenom

Hi Envenom here to all stealthers finding it hard to get groups out there all ive got to say is dont give in you have so much fun ahead of you with that class u wouldnt believe it.
i know its hard getting groups ive had trouble myself but ive got through and im now lvl 48 so 2 more lvls to go and it will be over for me.You guys will be there too if u just keep cracking on :)

dunno if this will help anyone but i hope so

Envenom lvl 48 nightshade

O

old.Thalion

Well, all the fun at higher lvls won't help em if they never get there :(

O

old.Iriba

Originally posted by envenom
i know its hard getting groups ive had trouble myself but ive got through and im now lvl 48 so 2 more lvls to go and it will be over for me.

What you mean over? You gonna get fed up of game and quit after you reach 50? ;)

E

Ebonn

Agree with thalion, gratz on your lvls btw envenom :clap:

H

healer_mcheal

Most high lvl groups (decent ones) will let a shade or ranger in because they are very needed in rvr (most of my groups have either a ranger or shade or even 2 in)

E

envenom

il still be playing but what i meant was youll never see me looking for a group again :D

but when i have lvled i have a enchanter or druid to lvl and I WILL make sure 1 stealther gets in my group always :)

O

old.giriam

Actually its like every single person to ever hit 50 makes a shade or ranger alt, so the realm is crawling with them.. and lets face it, they dont really work optimaly in xp groups. If you chose to play a class that is group-unfriendly then live with that or reroll.

G

A

Aeiedil

giriam, i am tank enough for pbaoe groups with the bonus of never losing my aggro :p

C

cjkace

Who needs groups?

Patience and knowing what to fight will get you there too. Took me over 54 days of actual played time, but I got there, and I grouped for less than 10% of that time.

O

old.giriam

Sure aeiedil, i can tank glimmer knights aswell if you stick me in a group with two 6 sec wardens, 3 shield heroes guarding me and a dedicated druid.

You tank a lot better than that ofcourse, but it helps to exaggerate a little to get the point accross:

Lets say that a ranger and a shade replace two "proper" tanks in a group. Suddenly the healing power of a bard is no longer enough to keep everyone alive (or if he can, the downtime grows to enormous amounts) so we have to get a druid. If we need a druid then that means a nuker has to go to make room for him, which means the mobs will live longer, and so on and so forth.

The point in plain english: even though shades/rangers can tank in the right groups, you have no right to get angry when a group prefer a real hero, they are better than you at it, xp comes faster.

Its the same for me, do you see 400 void eldritches on these forums on a daily basis, crying "woe is me, people prefer mana elds because they do more damage"? its the exact same thing, people will pick the best options available to them, deal with it or reroll to something that isnt a rve-group-gimp.

/end rant

G

E

Eblessair

Originally posted by old.giriam
Sure aeiedil, i can tank glimmer knights aswell if you stick me in a group with two 6 sec wardens, 3 shield heroes guarding me and a dedicated druid.

You tank a lot better than that ofcourse, but it helps to exaggerate a little to get the point accross:

Lets say that a ranger and a shade replace two "proper" tanks in a group. Suddenly the healing power of a bard is no longer enough to keep everyone alive (or if he can, the downtime grows to enormous amounts) so we have to get a druid. If we need a druid then that means a nuker has to go to make room for him, which means the mobs will live longer, and so on and so forth.

The point in plain english: even though shades/rangers can tank in the right groups, you have no right to get angry when a group prefer a real hero, they are better than you at it, xp comes faster.

Its the same for me, do you see 400 void eldritches on these forums on a daily basis, crying "woe is me, people prefer mana elds because they do more damage"? its the exact same thing, people will pick the best options available to them, deal with it or reroll to something that isnt a rve-group-gimp.

/end rant

G

ive been in fin grps with more than one stealther class, and it worked fine.....so shh..

K

Kobold

But aren't you a dedicated dr00d eble hehe :p

Btw, you can only be guarded by one person at the time :m00:

O

old.Thanatlos

I personally dislike elite exp teams simply because of the fact that it singles out a lot of classes..
Not just because rogues don't get in these groups but also because the support classes needed to start a group of their own would rather have such a group which gains more exp..

Dunno what my point was exactly :)
But anyway.. I enjoy grouping with shades, rangers, void elds, light enchanters and any other classes that get ignored by most groups...

Not saying I don't like a pure tank group from time to time but I think if everyone varied a bit a lot of these classes would have a lot less difficulty in finding a group..

G

Gilead^

Lol envenom i was watching a mates screen when u where in a fins grp and you where refusing to taunt,i dunno how u got to lvl 48 without taunting against fins tbh,but gratz anyway

O

old.Thalion

Fin group even works when it has 3 rogue classes ... but most ppl will never find that out because they never try :m00:

E

envenom

i think youl find gilead that i was taunting when NEEDED i was there incase the 4th fin came which it usualy did and i handled it NP but the fact that i have such high dex and i use a shield i block and evade so maybe i use less healing then the tanks do mate ok sometimes i wil get the shit kicked out of me but I CAN HANDLE ANYTHING A TANK CAN nuff said

K

Kobold

Yeh I teamed with you in Fin group before envenom, and you did good ;)

I CAN HANDLE ANYTHING A TANK CAN nuff said

donno if I can agree on this one though hehe :m00:

A

Aeiedil

Lol envenom i was watching a mates screen when u where in a fins grp and you where refusing to taunt,i dunno how u got to lvl 48 without taunting against fins tbh,but gratz anyway

lol, reminds me of a ranger a while ago afraid to pull because he might get aggro. i been taunting my ass off at fins since 44 when i get groups there :p

Giriam i never said anything about real tanks etc, but a fins group can work perfectly well with rogues in

Warden, Bard, Druid, 2x PBAoE, 3x Tanks

If pos the tanks shoudl be shield, and with high level players 1 shield tank and 2 shades work wonders, as proved when i had a fins group which had both iziz and i in among others. the warden can also join in the tanking.

Unfortunatly these facts are often ignored, so now the strugle for the last 25 bubbles continues:m00:

E

envenom

on the last 15 bubs now aeiedel :D cant feking wait had enough of groups now :)

A

Aeiedil

bloody showoff, some of us dont seem to get groups, or get told theres already x amount of people in the queue before them, or the group is just splitting, or sommit like that.

E

Ebonn

Agree with Aeiedil, comon guys lets boycott envenom :p

just kidding m8, nice 2 c some shades are getting groups :)

O

old.Tzeentch

I'm a mentalist, with mana regen 5, and I don't get groups, 'cept the ones I make, or harass guildies to come with me on 'hunts' for items.

Funny isn't it.

Btw, you guys who hit 50 <not stalker classes>, do you guys EVER want to group for xp again? <I know you don't need it>

There is a lot of 50s that could help a lot of people nearing 50, but they don't, and sure, that's their choice, but it's funny when people who are 50 come and say it's easy getting a group blah blah and give you the entire speech on how to do it.

E

Ebonn

I was talking 2 a lvl 50, and they were saying all they had 2 do when they got 2 lvl 50 was craft, RvR or hunt for drops, said wot about helping those who wernt lvl 50 yet, and i got no responce
( not atall a go at the person involved they have helped me many times b4 ) but just an example.

O

old.Thanatlos

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
Btw, you guys who hit 50 <not stalker classes>, do you guys EVER want to group for xp again? <I know you don't need it>

Yes, I do.. not for the exp but to help out the folks who still need the exp..
I refuse to start groups to help other ppl gain exp though but I am available when asked nicely and I believe so are a lot of other lvl 50s out there ..

I try to help out ppl as often as I can but I cannot do this if not asked by people who need help in the first place.. Don't be shy and ask me, just don't expect me to be on standby 24/7 ..

I

iziz

To people who want a lvl 50 to help. I'm always available (when the albs aren't zerging and the mids aren't ztampeding) to help when you need an uber 35% evading tank :). Always have been, but then no-one wants a shade to help do they :p

(in the unlikely event that you do want me don't forget to "/send Aeiedel help us! we need your uber little shade body to tank for us!" before you message me)

F

fade-

I only just hit 50 2night but will be helping at least ebonn to lvl though I never want to see another fin again! so hopefully we'll be makeing some nightly glimmer knights grps cus then we can go after drops as well :)
if ur 47+ and want to join us pm me in game, no ns's or rangers though plz that spot it filled (no offence)

O

old.Aeolus

Originally posted by old.Thanatlos

Yes, I do.. not for the exp but to help out the folks who still need the exp..
I refuse to start groups to help other ppl gain exp though but I am available when asked nicely and I believe so are a lot of other lvl 50s out there ..

I try to help out ppl as often as I can but I cannot do this if not asked by people who need help in the first place.. Don't be shy and ask me, just don't expect me to be on standby 24/7 ..

Same here and totally agree with Thanatlos ..............

You dont get 1.4 bubs into 50.5 by not helping others get expo, seems some people have short memories and even shorter promises.

S

spankya

Firstly I just want to say a big WELL DONE!! to envenom :) He's stuck with it and is lvling well :) Same goes to ebonn :) You're doing great too mate!! Get that lvl50 guys!

Just lately I've group with the envenom, ebonn and Alexx who have replaced tanks.... and frankly, u did a darn fine job!! Ok u get hit harder sometimes than the tanks, but u seem to get hit less which balances out. Saw Alexx reach lvl50 in my group and he was well happy!! Nice going mate! Get on with owning in emain :p

As for other stealthers who see me around, feel free to ask for a hand, a group etc.

Back again to the subject of people not grouping stealthers... well this I would just like to point something out to some peeps hwo stupid they are.... some people say: 'stealthers r crap they cant tank or do anything useful in am exp group'. Ok fair enough, we all have our own view :) But then in RvR you hear the same person saying: 'Oh ffs, I got backstabbed and died... where the f*** are the nightshades to kill off the stealthers??'. Or you hear: 'I need a scout to see what is at the wall... where the f*** are all the stealthers??'

If you want stealthers in RvR then help them lvl!!

Little not to Giriam: your comment: 'Its the same for me, do you see 400 void eldritches on these forums on a daily basis, crying "woe is me, people prefer mana elds because they do more damage"? '

My reply: A void eld can solo a yellow mob easily, and often orange mobs without getting hit and just using a bit of mana. A NS solos a yellow and sometimes barely walkes away alive and has to sit on his/her ass for ages to heal.... NS's need groups to lvl

Sorry for the long reply :D

E

envenom

yeah ive just been lucky so far coz lvl 45-48 so far has been really easy getting groups at fins dunno why maybe ppl think i can tank them well :D hope so anyway coz nothing is gonna stop me now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread