Tomorrow (Wednesday June 26) is Patch Day

S

SFXman

I was just going to post it aswell! GREAT news! WOOT! "Middle of next week" was a promise to be trusted it seems :)
Please do not give us the usual "The servers will probably crash for two days and there will be a million LDs, causing me to die and wither away because I will have nothing to do." stuff ;)

A

Alrindel

Actually I am assuming it will not be possible to play at all tomorrow. The servers will be down most of the day and only if all goes well will they re-open in the afternoon.

There's good cause to be optimistic: they have now done the 1.45-1.48 patch twice on Excalibur's database and it worked very well both times. And the testing on Gorre was much more extensive this time than last time.

However just in case, I have lots of GTA3 still to play, and two good books on the go. ;)

S

SFXman

I have nothing else to do, on my computer that is.. except post on these forums. Although I COULD borrow NWN off a friend and test it out (I know it isn't out yet but it can be downloaded off the net).

O

old.tRoG

I have nothing else to do, on my computer that is.. except post on these forums. Although I COULD borrow NWN off a friend and test it out (I know it isn't out yet but it can be downloaded off the net).

:eek: you naughty boy! (im really just jealous because i cant download a 10mb file with this dinosaur of a computer)

now, back to what i was going to say anyway.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :) :) :)

battlegrounds are here! battlegrounds are here! battlegrounds are here! battlegrounds are here!

sing! dance! battlegrounds are here!

[EDIT: I bought ff9 on saturday, and i think that might just maybe last me a day or three (hey, its only 4 discs big, lol)]

S

SFXman

oooo maaaan... can't wait for the BGs! 23 friar which I will quickly get to 24 and 34 scout which I will get to 35... then I will spend quite some damn time in just the BGs, screw levelling for a while :D
This is going to be great... oh yeah and the extra spec points for my friar! YIPPEE!

O

old.Alliandre

Ooh. Flaming people with spells who aren't purple con without having to run around hiding in the middle of some high lvl hibs for ages :)

OMG. The ovens on fire. brb to post some more :p

F

Flimgoblin

How's the burnt stuff Alliandre? hope yer ok :)

edit: falling asleep.. can't get names right...

O

Orin Askhammare

Originally posted by old.tRoG

[EDIT: I bought ff9 on saturday, and i think that might just maybe last me a day or three (hey, its only 4 discs big, lol)]

Better be 3 long days then :) I played it and loved it. But then again I own FF IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX and X ;)

S

Silence

ill give goa some credit, for getting it out a bit early, still sux they gotta keep servers down over half the day..

ne one got link to exact patch note changes? (sue me for being lazy)

F

Flimgoblin

Mythic usually spend a few days recovering from patch hangovers ;)
(the patch that patched the patch that patched the original patch)

so don't worry about it being a few hours downtime

Even if the servers were back up quickly, the amount of traffic downloading the patch would make it laggeeeeeeeee if you could manage to connect.

O

old.smurflord

Come on guys, give GOA a break. The only reason the servers were down lot last time was the Denial of Service attacks launched against them from dim-witted script kiddies trying to spoil everyone's fun. The downtime caused by GOA to do the 1.45 patch was only about 8 hours. Don't slag them off for things that were not their fault.

S

SFXman

Word. I see we have other believers amongst us, or then just people that don't whine over nothing :)

F

Flimgoblin

You may saaaay I'm a dreamer...
but I'm not the only one...

boredboredbored wanna be at home playin 1.48 :) (not that I could if I were at home...)

S

SFXman

Like... 5½ or so to go... :(
I want to go r0x0r in the final battleground! I am logged in front of the medallion merchant and all, plus I just dinged 35 last night so am the max level that can enter... this is going to be sweeeeeeeet!
What the hell should I do in the meanwhile :confused:

Hmm... JKII: Jedi Outcast mayhaps... or some graphics for my Deviant Art profile or... goddamnit let us login already! :D

F

Flimgoblin

Myself I've gotten addicted to Morrowind as well as DAoC (being torn between the two which sucks)

Morrowind is good for when I cba grouping :) (as solo DAoC doesn't appeal to me much)

I wonder how soaked the patchers are gonna be when it hits primetime... they've said they've done some improvements so it can't be as bad as 1.45... might still be painful though.

O

old.cerebus

So is it going to be full of stealthers or are we going to get some good RvR fights going down?

I suggest a big 'keep battle' tonight, winner is the one that holds the keep at Midnight CET.

Beware my alt in the first Battleground, he's an uber gimp!

S

SFXman

Wonder what my crush merc would be like if I got him to L24 and went to the first battleground, could be very interesting :)
What about my max staff spec L23 friar which I will get to 24 and go to the first battleground, might be quite excellent :)

F

Flimgoblin

You can go at level 23 you know... don't have to be the top level for a BG :)
(though it helps you r0xx0r j00 n00bs or whatever you do)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom