todays news

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
5-08-2005] The Camelot Reporter

This week's news deals with the next version for the European servers, the discovery of the island of Agramon that we mentioned last week, the schedule for the Games Convention, renegades of Albion and the Master Level 1.6 and 1.7 steps.

Next version will be 1.77
Without waiting for server clustering to be implemented, we have already begun working on the next version. Once again, you will be offered two versions at the same time. Version 1.76 brings new functionalities for guilds by adding interactions and challenges within those. As for version 1.77, its main focus consists of creating "classical" servers, that is servers without the Trials of Atlantis zones and with a lesser buff capability. We are closely examining American servers of this kind and we intend to conduct a survey in September to assess your level of interest in this kind of server. Naturally, we will take into account the language preferences of the European communities and the impact on the servers currently operational. Anyway, nothing will be decided before September and we will keep you informed on that matter in the meantime.

Tests for server clustering
The implementation of the server clustering is running its course but it turns out that it will be more complex than expected. Therefore, the test phase might be longer than what we initially planned. However, we still hope to implement the Excalibur-Prydwen and Carnac-Orcanie clusterings before the end of August. Of course, we will keep you informed of the tests' progress.

First pictures of Agramon
We are now much better informed about the island which will emerge from the North Sea in version 1.78, since we had the opportunity to explore it. You can access it by crossing bridges from the frontier zones of Emain Macha, Odin's Gate and Hadrian's Wall. With its uneven landscape, the island can be reached swimming or sailing only from the beaches located next to the bridges. Once on the island, two paths, crossed by a wall, will lead you to the heart of the island, a place of fierce combat, as attested by the ground's bad condition and the destroyed vegetation.

e Games Convention, biggest Video Games Tradeshow in Europe, will take place in two weeks (from the 18th to the 21st of August) in Leipzig. This week, we will share with you the full program since some of these events might be of great interest to you even if Germany is not that close. On Saturday the 20th, Matt Firor, Vice President of Development at Mythic will present the next expansion, Darkness Rising and we will try to give you the opportunity to attend their conference as we did last year. The other main event will be the presence of the German band Alphaville who some of you might already know since they had some international hits. The singer of the band, Marian Gold, plays Dark Age of Camelot and wrote a song about the game. The band will be present on the stand on the 19th of August for autographs. By the way, Alphaville will release their new album at the end of 2005.

There will be plenty of animations, and if you plan on going to Leipzig, you will find all the necessary information on the Games convention website. Don't forget to visit the GOA stand : Hall 5, stand B12.

Server shutdowns on Tuesday
A small maintenance operation to correct some language files is planned for Tuesday morning on all servers. The servers will shut down at around 10.30 a.m. and will re-open at the beginning of the afternoon.

Maximum number of coins that can be carried
Along with the evolution of the game, some characters managed to accumulate great riches and in particular, enormous amounts of money. We remind you that the limit a character can have with him is 200 Platinium. If you withdraw too much money from your Consignment Merchant at one go and thus exceed the limit, your character will find himself with zero gold left. Whilst in most of the cases we can give you back the amount your consignment merchant was carrying, the amount that was on your character before the withdrawal will be definitely lost.

Don't forget to use the /settle x command where x is the amount in copper that you would lke to withdraw from your merchant. This command enables you to withdraw in several installments the money your consignment merchant carries.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
unbeliveable rly

clustering gone from hopefuly at the end of june too.... hopfuly at the end of august.

eble

Fledgling Freddie
its a shame really, lots of people were looking forward to clustering.

and as most hibs didn't care when albs did a double relic raid, (ofc thinking we will get reset in a week or so) means we got to suffer the other realms looking after our relics.

What I mean by hibs didn't care is, just the general rvr situation in emain with insta port sorta made lots lazy, why bother moving from a good rp flow of emain for anything else.

disappointed, but silly us to believe possible dates given, we should know a lot better tbh :D

eble

Dorimor1

Banned
I'm starting to get very annoyed.

At the start of June I was planning for clustering by organising an experience group and various other things. Clustering was said to happen at the end of June and now people are starting to get frustrated.

Why can't Mythic stick to a date. Sentences like 'The implementation of the server clustering is running its course but it turns out that it will be more complex than expected' is utter bullshit. I'm not saying that its untrue but I think thats a weak explanation for something that they could've mention about weeks ago.

Gamah

Banned
mythic don't run the euro servers..I don't know how people can whine about a company when they don't even know who the company is :p

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
And this is why we try not to give ETAs for anything until we are absolutely sure that we can meet them. It's a lose-lose situation for us. We either give you an estimate and get flamed if we miss it or we say nothing until we have a definite date and then get flamed for not giving enough information. It's not possible to guarantee that there will be no problems or delays with a project unfortunately or else we'd happily give you definite dates months in advance.
In this case there's been a delay. I don't know exactly what it is but I do know that we've been testing extensively for the past few weeks and our technical teams have been in constant communication with Mythic over this. It's being done as fast as it can be done.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Requiel said:
And this is why we try not to give ETAs for anything until we are absolutely sure that we can meet them. It's a lose-lose situation for us. We either give you an estimate and get flamed if we miss it or we say nothing until we have a definite date and then get flamed for not giving enough information. It's not possible to guarantee that there will be no problems or delays with a project unfortunately or else we'd happily give you definite dates months in advance.
In this case there's been a delay. I don't know exactly what it is but I do know that we've been testing extensively for the past few weeks and our technical teams have been in constant communication with Mythic over this. It's being done as fast as it can be done.
but how the fuck can you miss 2 months by an ETA?

nocare-

Banned
ye you give no ETA's so you can delay it another 5 more times, you got that right.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
1.77 is adding a clasical sever did i read?

if not sorry, was rushing through as busy

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Gamah said:
mythic don't run the euro servers..I don't know how people can whine about a company when they don't even know who the company is :p
does it really matter if its goa or mythic whos to blame? its not like it will make it faster - ye i know if you wanna whine _directly_ at them you needa know the company, and i think its shabby that most people seem to think its mythics fault. But just because you think its another company does not neglect the right for whine ;>

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
omg poll about classic server..

/prays to the holy DAoCgods that we get a classic server

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
A month or two, who really gives a fuck? It's not the end of the world to wait a bit.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Don't moan about the delay, GOA have been honest with us and that is all I care about, another 3 weeks isn't going to kill anyone and at least we now have a rough time frame of when we can expect it.

zYnc

Loyal Freddie
Screw clustering, classic server and new emain, that's a wet dream coming true.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I might very well vote No for classic server on that survey. Reason beeing that with the current playerbase it will utterly kill the normal servers, and i dont want to see all the effort put into my characters on those servers be wasted. People can play Classic on US after all if they really want to.

Im not sure though, it is tempting to have one here - i would definetly roll any new character i wanted to make on such a server if we had one. I just dont want to lose the ability to play my old ones, which i effectively would with one of those servers here since rvr would be completely dead on old servers.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
I might very well vote No for classic server on that survey. Reason beeing that with the current playerbase it will utterly kill the normal servers, and i dont want to see all the effort put into my characters on those servers be wasted. People can play Classic on US after all if they really want to.

Im not sure though, it is tempting to have one here - i would definetly roll any new character i wanted to make on such a server if we had one. I just dont want to lose the ability to play my old ones, which i effectively would with one of those servers here since rvr would be completely dead on old servers.

clustering will give us 3-5 months of active rvsr, but sooner or later playerbase will start to drop again... and there wont be anymore servers to cluster with soooo i dont think it will change a thing, i would like a euro_classic server, it would be full with ppl... yea yea not all of em english and stuff, but who cares when you see 2k-3k ppl logged on :p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Dorin said:
clustering will give us 3-5 months of active rvsr, but sooner or later playerbase will start to drop again... and there wont be anymore servers to cluster with soooo i dont think it will change a thing, i would like a euro_classic server, it would be full with ppl... yea yea not all of em english and stuff, but who cares when you see 2k-3k ppl logged on :p

I believe you are very right here :)

It will be same old same old even with cluster, fun for a while but.. not in the longrun.. trend shows declining numbers last year on both excal and pryd, cant see how cluster will make it any different over a larger perspective of time.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
thing is with a classic server how many people would play it here? and how many of the ones that wanted classic just went to the US ones?

Neo

Loyal Freddie
If OF would be implemented i would vote yes, but since classic servers
are stuck with NF im gonna vote no. Ok so there is no ToA, well merry fucking christmas,
enjoy ur Darkspire raids instead, same shit different name. Once u have ur ToA`ed/ML`ed chars
its all good. Imagine going back to the old boring all look alike crafted armor/weaps,
no cool looking weapons/staffs/armor etc and no FOP. Imo the DAoC charm didnt die with ToA.
It died when New Frontiers came.

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
im kind of torn in this issue. i want to vote no because: i want excal/pryd to be active servers where we have +2k pop

and yes because: i want to be able to play others chars while not putting so much effort into it.

i would love to get a level 50 going and rvr in just one week

classic server are also an excellent time for me to buy a second account and level a char to 50 without getting left behind. since i came to daoc just when SI was out i have always felt a little left back

Raguel

Fledgling Freddie
after we get a classic server, all players will whine to get a graphic downgrade? In a few months we will be playing 'Pong' again :p

Plz whine less and let ppl at goa do their job which they do good imo

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I actually think GOA are handling the clustering issue properly. Like Requiel said they can't win. Personally I don't live and breathe this game like some people here, I'd much rather GOA took thier time and got it right than rushed it for the kids who can't wait a few months.

Seriously peeps, if your that wound up, go outside now and then. Don't forget your orange anoraks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom