ToA: ok to delete mythic and SI folders?

S

Sekrab

Hi, I am a ToA user and I'm running low on disk space. I wondered if it was ok to delete the "Mythic" and "Shrouded Isles" folders from my C: drive seeing as how I run camelot from my ToA folder now... does anyone know if deleting the 2 seemingly redundant folders causes any problems?

I apologise if this had been asked before, I did a few searches for folder delete directory etc...

thanks in advance.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
as far as i know u can delete em

i deleted just the classic folder and had no problems

didnt delete SI coz i had to use the client for my 2nd account that wasnt TOA activated

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
Yup fine to delete them, in fact only got TOA installed on both my PC and Laptop.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
If you have a TOA cd you just need the TOA install. The old install (daoc classic or SI) you had previous you can delete (maybe backup the char files for settings and quickbars).

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Maybe a bot off topic:

How u move ur keyboard layout from SI to ToA ?

starr

Fledgling Freddie
I assumed since updating to SI and then ToA required repopulating my quickbars that char information was held in the folder corresponding to the client used.

If so, you just need to find which file in SI folder and copy it across to ToA

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Little guess, maybe Keyboard.dat? But check the options to be sure if all the keys are assigned proper again. Could be that some new optional keys have been added in the list and shifted the nrs again...

Poag

m00?
and for quickbars and screen layout its <charname>-<number>.ini iirc

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Khale said:
Little guess, maybe Keyboard.dat? But check the options to be sure if all the keys are assigned proper again. Could be that some new optional keys have been added in the list and shifted the nrs again...
i did try that but didnt work :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom