ToA Lotto's - ML Raids

Raine

Fledgling Freddie
Well since ToA came out alot of raid leaders have use different set ups as how items should be lotto'ed which is cool as its there raid, there rules.
But a request to some peoples common sense, dont lotto for items u cant use and have no characters (BG Alt) that can use it just so you can sell them. Most raids a variety of weapons and armour for different classes usually drop plz if u see nothing you like to USE dont lotto.
As the higher ML's approach us I can see more disagreements occuring when 5 mages and 1 hero lotto for a top MP spear in a high ML and half of them dont even have heroes. Just seems to be heading that way from the raids i have witnessed.

Please lets keep alittle more respect for fellow players in the community.

Thanks.

Raine

P.S We had decent lotto rules in SI why change what is not broken.

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
i agree with you to some point and i usually dont lotto if there aint anything i dont need, but as some people see it when you do ML's the drops are just a small bonus and i agree to that too, i go to a ml raid to finish the ml or get ml xp not to get drops, but drops are a bonus and i'm happy to get anything i can use but wont lotto for anything i wont use.

and i guess it's up to the raid leader to make up rules etc

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
totaly agree, i actually think most artifacts are utter crap due to some of the stupid respawn times and exp rules, some of the stuff that drops off the higher ml encounters will be very important if people wnt to cap stuff so therefore why should anyone be able to lotto for anything? remember this works both ways for all the (lets say CS heros) who get shafted in a spear lotto can also bid for chanter stuff to shaft the chanter out of the uber robe or whatever. i think everyone should only be able to lotto for something they can use, like it used to be.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Old argument.

Why can't a character lotto for an item for a lvl 50 alt (or main even)?

What if that player only bought his/her druid along on that raid to help others, got no ml steps done and got no mlxp from it, BUT their main character is a Hero...can't they lotto for a Hero item?

To deny such a player the opportunity to lotto for their hero will discourage them from helping in the future and thats a serious problem (an example is Nightshades that come on a raid to get a Shade item but they have druid/bard/hero/mage alts who would contribute more to the raid but must bring their shade to be able to lotto for the drop....).

Lottoing for stuff you dont want, dont need, or intend to trinket/sell is wrong, but if the PLAYER will use it or wants it, preventing them from being able to lotto on the basis of the toon they have bought along is also wrong and detrimental to the realm as a whole.

<Not my personal opinion, but there is a case here>

Raine

Fledgling Freddie
Old Arguement perhaps which is why its disappointing to see this kinda stuff atm. Think your post is clear to all thou, of course people appreciate the help from raid leaders and especially those who repeat raids for others and players who bring toons to help when there is a shortage of certain classes but perhaps be clear b4 raid which toon u rolling for like we did in Galladoria.

My post was a simply reminder on the old phrase 'Need before Greed' everyone should be entitled to a fair lotto just please dont take the piss and roll for a low lvl character or for ripping off someone selling an item for triple its value.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Tallen said:
Old argument.

Why can't a character lotto for an item for a lvl 50 alt (or main even)?

What if that player only bought his/her druid along on that raid to help others, got no ml steps done and got no mlxp from it, BUT their main character is a Hero...can't they lotto for a Hero item?

To deny such a player the opportunity to lotto for their hero will discourage them from helping in the future and thats a serious problem (an example is Nightshades that come on a raid to get a Shade item but they have druid/bard/hero/mage alts who would contribute more to the raid but must bring their shade to be able to lotto for the drop....).

Lottoing for stuff you dont want, dont need, or intend to trinket/sell is wrong, but if the PLAYER will use it or wants it, preventing them from being able to lotto on the basis of the toon they have bought along is also wrong and detrimental to the realm as a whole.

<Not my personal opinion, but there is a case here>

ofc, i agree but the point is if you read the previous posts its about people who dont have alts who just want the items to sell on.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
ToA items should only be lotto'd on by people who are rr5+ everyone knows that!... OH and they have to be wearing black! You wouldn't belive the number of non-1337 tw4ts i've seen running around with ToA items and they don't have black armour, its appauling... And preferably their lastname should be somthing cool like 'dontaddplz' or 'foadirl' I suppose 'MyOtherToonsASavage' would also be acceptable.

Laryssa

Regular Freddie
the cause behind a ML Raid is to gain a ML, not to get items out of it.

all the Raids I attended had a quick lotto in the end where everyone had a change to get any item/scroll they wanted.

if I would bother with drops, I would organize items hunts and go directly for the MLx.10 bosses to farm them.

Gegge

Loyal Freddie
Laryssa said:
the cause behind a ML Raid is to gain a ML, not to get items out of it.
i agree with that but ofc he got a point with the "lotto-for-main" thingy... those who brings alts to help instead of their mains could tell the raidleader that they're lottoing for their main but.. since it's ToA and ppl join up from time to time during a ML raid it would become to much for the raidleader to take care off i guess :m00: anyway... i only join to get the steps done, if i get an item that's always a plus :p

censi

Can't get enough of FH
i agree. cuz the whole objective of the raid seems to be dinging the ml the leaders dont seem to concerned about the drops.

common tactics seems to be at end of raid they say ok item XXX has dropped everyone in bg /random for it.

Im still under the opinion that if you want an item for you alt then play that alt and bring it to a raid. Then you can roll for it.

This means that getting equipement for a character means playing that character. not to complicated that.

i got like a about 5 lvl 50 alts that I can get items for. However I only ever really lotto for things I can use on my ranger. Thats my main character and thats all im interested in. If say a nice Shield dropped on the raid that my hero could use I got no right to roll for that if theres hero's on the raid that could use this item. (unless I brought my hero)

Raine

Fledgling Freddie
Interested to see peoples attitude in a month or so from now when they start completing there ML's, have the artifacts they need and start to think about a complete ToA/SC template.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Since toa many people become greedy tbh..
i seen guys call in bg pick up loot even at dumb add mobs.
Allso i see now that ppl want to loto for low QUA items... (wich they propabely salvage)
Isnt it so? the group that hit the mob most get the loot? well i did a few raids of my own and if i look around... 50% afk just stuck while only a few take care off add, the i think the groups hitting the mob deserve to get the drop so in my raids the drops stay as it is except for MP items wich will be loto'ed.
till now i allways spammed the drops and everyone roll... the highest number choose 1 item no mater if he can use or not etc then hes out. Then all roll again etc etc till all items are gone. i never got a complain tbh.

On the other hand...
There that 90% is doing ML instead of rvr there is no more thing like DF and diamond farming. allso im a crafter and i didnt sell anything since toa while before i sold for about 1p / day. I have a 20p house wich i cant pay with bp coz there is no solo rvr with a caster. Well the only way to pay my rent then is by selling TOA weapons i cant use. I bet many ppl are in this situation tbh.

greetings

vintervargen

Banned
there are no such thing as 'the perfect lotto' - every situation will be unfair in one way or another, so its simply up to the raidleader.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
ofc, i agree but the point is if you read the previous posts its about people who dont have alts who just want the items to sell on.

Aye, understand your view and i agree, however its sometimes difficult to know who does and who doesnt have an active lvl 50 alt who could use the item.

My personal view (which isnt what i posted before) is that a ML raid is for ML or MLxp and that drops should simply go to a quick all-in lotto, simple and effective...perhaps not ideal....but ite the easiest way by far just to let everyone present lotto and move on (lost out on the Cetus cloak 7 times now, 3 times the tank cloak went to a mage or a healer, but only on one occasion did anyone complain, and tbh no-one really cared who got the cloak, it was just a nice bonus for someone).

Shangrila

Fledgling Freddie
I agree. Imo ppl should only be allowed to lotto for the char they played on the raid, maybe lotto for an alt, but definitly dont lotto for some uber item just to sell it afterwards.
Another bad example:clicky

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom