ToA just crashed?

Ambie

Fledgling Freddie
damn, excal down, does this mean I have to go out and like talk to other people? :(

Direnad

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe Mythic are sending over the spare parts from Andred to GOA for them to upgrade Excalibur! The old cash register just can't handle it.

:clap:

Motowntheta

Fledgling Freddie
Direnad said:
Maybe Mythic are sending over the spare parts from Andred to GOA for them to upgrade Excalibur! The old cash register just can't handle it.

:clap:

GOA Technicians working on Excalibur... :clap:

gintill2.jpg

Direnad

Fledgling Freddie
Crashed
[2004-14-03]

Excalibur just went down and we are working on bringing it back online. It should not take long, the server should be back up and running shortly. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I wonder if theyre using Earth time or GOA time :eek7:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
FFS I'm STILL getting "account already logged in"...dammit, middle of bloody prime time and it does this.

Get it SORTED GOA and do it FAST FFS! It's prime time and we all want to play the game we PAY you to keep up!

Or else there goes ML3 for another week...

Dordanov

Fledgling Freddie
Saevus said:
Bah just picked up Belt of the Sun after kiling 25-30 protectors :S

damn that sucks m8.. you just got that uber camped artifact, and with a bit of bad luck they'll just reset the server to a few hours back, and will give NO COMPENSATION at all..
I mean .. wtf is the use of a free day's play ? (if we even get it ofcos) I wanna play NOW, the day the free day takes effect I won't be able to play anyway probably.

Service is just very bad compared to what we pay imo :S

Jolo

Fledgling Freddie
Crashed
[2004-14-03]

Excalibur just went down and we are working on bringing it back online. It should not take long, the server should be back up and running shortly. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Depends where the emphasis is here...

It should not take long.......the server should be back up ....

I suspect a translation error has occurred - wouldnt be the first time, lol ;)

Drav

Loyal Freddie
TBH I think the news msg is automated, just like the usual rightnow replies, just so GoA can say "Well we posted news about the crash bla bla bla".

Shouldnt take the hour and a half to get the server back up an running, doesnt happen during the week anyway.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Zarklech said:
Aye, we had a nice ML3 raid aswell, <cough>20fgs<cough>

<looks down on the ground in shame>
/em points and laugh.
Crashed
[2004-14-03]

Dont just bring the servers up. FIX the problem.
I cant find ANYTHING about them fixing the problem. Just the same lame stuff about they will TRY to get the servers back up asap.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The server they are using clearly cant take prime time gaming. Logicaly you would think they would fix it/upgrade to a decent server. Goa simpley dont give a shit, they no most of us wont do anyting about it but in 6 months time when wow will hopefully be here things will be very different. If goa cant provide the service we pay for they are fucked and rightfully so. They need to start spending some of our sub money to keep us here.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Well IF there servers are useing the same hardware and there are "no problems" with Excal, then we have the power to crash ALL the servers.
All meet in Stygia on:
  1. Broceliande
  2. Ys
  3. Orcanie
  4. Carnac
And then the German servers.
When the first server crash, then the next.

Shadowen

Fledgling Freddie
Since we cannot even login ("already logged in" error), can't even do that.

I wouldn't mind that the servers crashed just as long as I got access to the other servers while I waited.. but alas, servercrash = no access at all..

That is poor service.:flame:

regards
shadowen.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Kathal said:
Well IF there servers are useing the same hardware and there are "no problems" with Excal, then we have the power to crash ALL the servers.
All meet in Stygia on:
  1. Broceliande
  2. Ys
  3. Orcanie
  4. Carnac

Thats just lame. Why ruin it for even more people? It's not the german or french players fault that excal crashes now and then.

But 2,5hours with "Account logged in" is annoying :m00:

Drummer

Fledgling Freddie
Bahh

As I'm still at school I can only play in weekends. So this is really shitty for me as DAoC is a nice tool to let some pressure off after school.

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Were not gonna get it back till moday morning, I can see it happening, this is always the way it is and no crappy news msg is gonna make any difference.... so sad but so true...

If they were really working at it, then how long does it take to hit reset??? Obviously not this long...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it's more than just the usual zone crashes (which are back up within no time) it's an authentication server crash..

wonder what's taking all the time though :(

Oh and Svartmetall - calm down, go outside, breathe some air.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
All meet in Stygia on:
  1. Broceliande
  2. Ys
  3. Orcanie
  4. Carnac

Stupid.

There is not only hardware on a server. Software can also be a source of crash. BTW these servers also crashed when 150 ppl did 4.2 ML (at last Ys and Avalon).

I expect to be able to play 24/7.

I've never seen any servers (not only DAOC) which are up 100% of the time.

Drav

Loyal Freddie

Errrr whats their idea of not long??? 12 hours????? 24 hours???

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Flimgoblin said:
Oh and Svartmetall - calm down, go outside, breathe some air.

No, I won't - I work nights and the weekend is the only chance I get to hunt with my guildies and do MLs etc...2 hours 45 minutes+ of this "account already logged in" bullshit is enough to piss anyone off.
I am PAYING for this and I expect the servers to be up, and if they crash to be brought back up again QUICKLY...precious time is ticking away and what do we know of what GOA are or are not doing?

Flimgoblin said:
wonder what's taking all the time though :(

Yeah, you and a couple of thousand other pissed-off players.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Fenderon said:
Thats just lame. Why ruin it for even more people? It's not the german or french players fault that excal crashes now and then.

But 2,5hours with "Account logged in" is annoying :m00:
Not their problem, BUT Goa is ignoring the problem.
Show me where they give ou a light in the dark for a better future on Excal. Ppl are talking about quiting. wtf is that going to do? We will still have a crowded server.
"Strike" as in blocking a service. Scream LOUD by crashing servers is the only way they can(will) hear us. Unless someone are willing to sue for lack of service.
They say we got the same hardware, but I seriously doubt them.
I want a fix/upgrade. NOT a reboot.

Bah. Spelling.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
the words "sad" and "no life" spring to mind

shagrats long suffering wife

does he no ive posted?? er no

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Kathal said:
Not their problem, BUT Goa is ignoring the problem.
Show me where they give ou a light in the dark for a better future on Excal. Ppl are talking about quiting. wtf is that going to do? We will still have a crowded server.
"Strike" as in blocking a service. Scream LOUD by crashing servers is the only way they can(will) hear us. Unless someone are willing to sue for lack of service.
They say we got the same hardware, but I seriously doubt them.
I want a fix/upgrade. NOT a reboot.

I honestly don't think they are ignoring the problem. Just keep in mind that it's Mythic that makes the game, and GOA has to turn to mythic for support on problems like this. Trying to produce for other players by using DoS (Denial of Service) is not the way. You're suggestion for a DoS is not a strike, it's pure abuse of other players. A strike would be players stop playing until problems are fixed.

Remember before if the server crashed on a friday night, well that was it. No excal for the entire weekend. At least now it comes up within 3 hours. News on website was up within 10 minutes.. that just showed us how fast they were aware of the problem.

I still find your suggestion to abuse other players lame and stupid.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Of course are they just not rebooting the server and waits for next crash, a reboot don't take 2.5 hours :p

I'll rather have the server down for 2.5 hours and let them check and fix the problem, and not just reboot it and have it crash 1 hour later again.

I'm sure these crashes are priority number 1 at GOA atm.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Well I guess I'm just pissed at the lack of information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom