TOA: End of Fotm?

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sure lots of people are thinking:

"TOA sweet gonna roll me a h/o merc, frostalf shaman, animist etc etc"

but here is the main problem:

Master Levels take forever to get...

are we going to see people willing to get every character to ML10? I very much doubt it since that will take months, maybe we will see the hard core PvE'ers doing this but tbh they have little impact on RvR...

i for one can't be assed, i'm going to get my sorc there, definately won't touch my inf.. maybe my mincer or theurgist or paladin but not all of them... and i'm sure many peopel feel the same way..

soon i'm sure we are goign to find that the pl'd spanish infs won't be able to compete with the dedicated infs/sbs/ns's out there and same goes for the fotm savages.. will they take their savage to ML10? or the class they actually like to play most? maybe their skald or healer or whatever i dunno..

and from what i've read on VN (ok ok not a good source) fotm ML1 savages won't be able to wtfpwn anyone anymore? will they be as desirable to play? and how many people will actually take their animist to ML10 instead of their main chars because i planned on making a h/o arms but didn't think about this till now... and am seriously rethinking.

I forsee that people will be sticking to one class more causing an end to the fotms

i could be wrong however...

can i have other peopels opinions please? because in my opinion this could save DAoC

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
ToA is a game that people buy in bulk rather than overtime. Every shop I have gone to so far has said they have had to pre-order loads of them.. I couldn't belive the popularity of this game in my town.

ToA will bring a host of new players to the game, people with no RvR knwoledge, who will most likely be the people who stick with the ToA side of things, till the high ML's.

I think that people will have alot less time to get all there chars to high MLs, such as yourself with your Minstrel/thuerg/ or Paladin.

I myself wont be bothering for my reaver, I will however hammer the ML's out on my chanter, and probably my sorc, as I can see the ML's working well with the RvR aspect of things, and this compared to the reaver side of things atm.. i'm sticking with my chanter and sorc thankyou :p

I don't think it will put an end to fotm, becuase people will undoubtly play their fotm's in the Ml stages, and then again RvR.

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
Well, i dont think you can wtfpwn wih ML's, they are all mostly utility based.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Mavl said:
Well, i dont think you can wtfpwn wih ML's, they are all mostly utility based.

have to level artifacts up as well remember :)

they take muchos time too

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Fedaykin said:
can i have other peopels opinions please? because in my opinion this could save DAoC
It could: but its unlikely.

Previously if someone was playing a class they were bored with, or no longer fitted into a FOTM setup theyd often reroll quite happily, since it didnt take THAT much time.

With TOA the time required to get a new char levelled and kitted out has increased significantly. Hitting 50 isnt the end - its just the beginning now.

FOTM groups will always happen - people dont like losing after all ;) It seems more likely to me that more people will now end up quitting rather than going through the process of levelling a new char in the future.

Chilly

Balls of steel
think now wot youl see is the "set" groups will sit down and think about their setup with various MLs etc and then go and do teh quests inthat group and ALL get their MLs together, thus you get some schlags like the DH bunch getting the appropriate MAs for that setup and WTFPWNING even MORE cos they also happen to be all rr68

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I intend to power through them with alliance as my cleric then after that, whenever I feel like it, I'll come back and do them with my ice wizz/mincer if I feel the urge to PvE.

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Don't think many wanna roll new chars anymore, atleast i dont

TOA will prolly mean retirement for my other chars than SM too :(

Sofus

Fledgling Freddie
I think i will work some ML's on 2 chars only my new BD (cause i think BD groups wouldbe nicefor a change of fotm savage groups) and my sb ofc... but thats about it not intending of rolling a new char or get my other chars any ML's

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
I can't wait to get TOA.... gonna have +25% power, range, mana, dex, and 25% more roxxor !!!! And who cares about VN boards, dey r the our guinnie Pigs, UK Excalibur is where it is at !!!

And while I'm PvEing, hopefully I can make some needed Plats.... haven't PvEed for YEars, looking forward to it.... :)

Wootang,
Clipse

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
I can't wait to get TOA.... gonna have +25% power, range, mana, dex, and 25% more roxxor !!!! And who cares about VN boards, dey r the our guinnie Pigs, UK Excalibur is where it is at !!!

And while I'm PvEing, hopefully I can make some needed Plats.... haven't PvEed for YEars, looking forward to it.... :)

Wootang,
Clipse

Erm.. they nerfed the bonuses to 10% a while ago, and i think ur extra plats are gonna go to new sc set.
:m00:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I dont think Toa alone will end the stagnation of perfect set up fotm groups, hopefully Frontiers will do that.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Asty said:
Erm.. they nerfed the bonuses to 10% a while ago, and i think ur extra plats are gonna go to new sc set.
:m00:

Erm.... 1.68 :m00:

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
LOL

Idiot....

Are you seekig attention from Forum trolls????

OOOoooooo, well let me comfert you...you stink, quit game, leave...

ROFL
you want some confirmation on your style? well.... here you have it...

you suck

You have NO idea what it is about.. you have NO idea what TOA is... just as you seem to have no idea what these first two expansions were about....

you make meh :puke:

cheerz

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
The horror about ToA is that I will have to pick one toon to do the ML's with. ML's might not be insanely overpowered, but together with the weapons/armor you have to also level up, ToA gives a significant edge.
So not only do you need sc gear and a bb to match your enemies, now you also need ML10 to even the playing field.
One toon will get ML10, the rest won't really.
Regards, Glottis

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Red HATred said:
LOL

Idiot....

Are you seekig attention from Forum trolls????

OOOoooooo, well let me comfert you...you stink, quit game, leave...

ROFL
you want some confirmation on your style? well.... here you have it...

you suck

You have NO idea what it is about.. you have NO idea what TOA is... just as you seem to have no idea what these first two expansions were about....

you make meh :puke:

cheerz

WTF, you took a wrong turn when going to the shrink? or Anger Management Course?

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
The horror about ToA is that I will have to pick one toon to do the ML's with. ML's might not be insanely overpowered, but together with the weapons/armor you have to also level up, ToA gives a significant edge.
So not only do you need sc gear and a bb to match your enemies, now you also need ML10 to even the playing field.
One toon will get ML10, the rest won't really.
Regards, Glottis

have to agree :(

getting ML's and artifacts for more then 1 char is gonna be a endless pursuit :m00: . and without em it aint much point even bothering to port odin's.

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
soon i'm sure we are goign to find that the pl'd spanish infs won't be able to compete with the dedicated infs/sbs/ns's

<Jox bursts into evil laughter>

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
after a while i doubt it will be so hard to get arifacts leveled or mles done :) in the old days it took 50 days to level to 50, now you do it in 2 - 3, will be the same with toa i assume

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
Im a bit tired of this. My infil took months to get to level 50.

I didnt think yet which char i will raise to ML10.

Edit: Generalize is always a mistake.

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
Have to agree with Feda on this... I won;t be getting ml's and atifacts for all my 50's bacause I simply lack the time to do so. Hopefully there's be enough time to get one char up to ml10 with a decently lvled artifact or 2... rest sced.

As to an end to fotm groups... I don;t think so really. As soon as it seems that a certain class, also already usefull in rvr, works (a lot) better with ml's/artifacts, more people will decide to start that class.

Gilgamesh

Fledgling Freddie
i started playing just after christmas, and have got to 42, but i feel like its all been in vain and that im back to square 1 :(

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Here's a thought....

I agree with what most people say about one character being the focus of attention now rather than dipping into whatever class the occasion demands. This isn't just about fotm - its about utility. My group needs a cleric? I log the cleric. Group needs sorc - I log my sorc. etc

Now with only 1 toon being TOA'd and thus 'viable' (though this in itself is a moot point), will that adversely affect the number of utility characters around - this being a particular problem for Albion with its well recognised group make-up demands.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
The way I see this game heading is that people see it as a race.

Either to L50, RR10, ML10, capped sc whatever.

Why dont you just try and enjoy the game instead of treating it as a chore.

Trubble

Fledgling Freddie
TOA will end FOTM, at least for a while.

One could think that it will lead to more varied groups in rvr, but it is just as likely that people without a FOTM class with just quit instead of rolling a FOTM class.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I'm sure people will _eventually_ get more than one char up a few MLs and get them some artifacts.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
I'm sure people will _eventually_ get more than one char up a few MLs and get them some artifacts.

Is there an ML for fixing forum software, Fing? (hint, hint... :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom